Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

An update from the Sunshine Coast

An update from the Sunshine Coast

Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An update from the Sunshine Coast

I know what you mean about feeling like you are on a roundabout, my head is spinning

It's great to know that we are all in a similar situation, it make it a little easier I guess. Fancy, we all have boys around the same age and non of them really want to go . Say, maybe we should all hire a plane, rent out a mahoosive house and go at the same time? No? Oh, ok then it was just an idea

I have thought about settin myself a time limit and seeing if I still want to go in say 3-6mths time.

Mandy
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:03 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
I know what you mean about feeling like you are on a roundabout, my head is spinning

It's great to know that we are all in a similar situation, it make it a little easier I guess. Fancy, we all have boys around the same age and non of them really want to go . Say, maybe we should all hire a plane, rent out a mahoosive house and go at the same time? No? Oh, ok then it was just an idea

I have thought about settin myself a time limit and seeing if I still want to go in say 3-6mths time.

Mandy
mine are girls mate!! eldest hates the idea, middle one well up for it, youngest doesnt have a clue whats going on!!!!!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
mine are girls mate!! eldest hates the idea, middle one well up for it, youngest doesnt have a clue whats going on!!!!!
2 against one, you should come back!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
2 against one, you should come back!
eldest is just at *that* age mate - 11 coming 12. i hope we are doing the right thing and dont completely mess with her head
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:23 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

rooksiej

can I send you a PM, only its saying you are not accepting them
thanks bec
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:58 am

i will turn them back on. give me a sec, baby needs attention!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Great to hear from you again. The strange thing is I never thought it would be me thinking about going back and trying again. If you had told me that 12 months ago I would have thought you were insane!

Now that I am thinking about it I cannot seem to shake the idea away. It's like and itch that I can't get rid of. I'm not sure if we will head back up to Cairns (although I loved the place) if we do go.

How did your family react to the idea of you heading back? That's the one of the things that I will dread. Unfortunately if we decide to return I think we are going to have a big struggle with our 12 year old. He didn't want to go last time and doesn't want to go this time. The thing is, I think he was feeding off my feeling and my homesickness and this is the first time I think that I have admitted that to myself.

Hubbie say if we go back then it's for good, so I had better be sure. But how sure is enough? I do love the uk so its not that I want to run away from this country. It has more to do with us as a family and lifestyle.

Mandy
rooksie, it looks as though you and scrawni are both living my parallel life too
i lasted 8mnths and although i still maintain it was the right thing to move back when we did (it was unbearable at the time - only option) because it wasnt long enough to get C Ship, it feels like unfinished business.
Damn that itch!
Chrissy
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

So, chancetobe are you another one who is possibly joining the ping pong list?

Michelle
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:46 pm

OH MY GOD!!!! what are we like?????
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of

Rooksie, you're not having second thoughts are you?

Michelle
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by theyoungs
Rooksie, you're not having second thoughts are you?

Michelle
no mate and get this...........................MY ELDEST DAUGHTER IS NOW KEEN ON THE IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY

up until today she really hated the idea of going back but she has just told me she wants to go now

fekk me i need a drink!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

That's wonderful news Rooksie, I am SSSSSOOOOOOO happy for you.

What has been the sudden change of heart?

Are you working to a particular time frame?

Now sit down and take deep breaths.

That's it, in and out, in and out !!!!!!!!

Michelle
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:59 pm

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

That's wonderful news Rooksie, I am SSSSSOOOOOOO happy for you.

What has been the sudden change of heart?

Are you working to a particular time frame?

Now sit down and take deep breaths.

That's it, in and out, in and out !!!!!!!!

Michelle

i think the penny just finally dropped. hey, i aint asking questions, know what i mean!!

well house is on the market. the two viewings we have had both like it and are sorting out finances but im not getting my hopes up on that score. took us 9 months to sell last time!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Well, like you say, don't push it, the fact that she has agreed to it must make you feel great. At least that's one less thing to worry about!!

Best of luck with the house sale, it's good that you have had some viewings so soon.

One day, you'll be sitting on that beach watching the kids have a great time, splashing in the surf and you'll wonder "what was all the fuss about"!!!!!!!

Stay positive and it will all come good.

Michelle
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:45 pm

Well, like you say, don't push it, the fact that she has agreed to it must make you feel great. At least that's one less thing to worry about!!

Best of luck with the house sale, it's good that you have had some viewings so soon.

One day, you'll be sitting on that beach watching the kids have a great time, splashing in the surf and you'll wonder "what was all the fuss about"!!!!!!!

Stay positive and it will all come good.

Michelle

ahh mate thanks you got to come and join me girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.