First weeks in Cairns

Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I agree.

Just need a snake big enough to take on a teenager...

WW
You don't know how close to the truth that is !
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
This one is not big enough..
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/200...ocal-news.html

At the current rate of snake stories, we may be the only ones in the street not to have their own python

WW
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Billy_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really niceBilly_NoMates is just really nice

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
At the current rate of snake stories, we may be the only ones in the street not to have their own python
...or Dengue Fever outbreak...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:57 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billy_NoMates
...or Dengue Fever outbreak...
my wifes boss is very ill at the moment. hes being tested for dengue and ross river fever. hell be ok though as he lives in port douglas and nothing bad ever happens there.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Kernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=wannabauzzienurse;5082099]
Originally Posted by wardy2
we made decision before i got here that we wanted to live on the northern side of town (whitfield, stratford, brinsmead, redlynch, smithfield etc all 10-20minutes from CBD) and this area is more expensive, you get more for your money to the south (mount sheridan, white rock, bentley park, edmonton etc) there are some nice houses down that way but for me to get to the hospital north side is better
Bix is a good one to ask he's been here much longer than me and knows his suburbs
HI Please can you advise am too moving to Cairns any advise? good or bad and how do I get hold of Bix need info on areas too thanks in advance
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Kernow;6008276]
Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse

HI Please can you advise am too moving to Cairns any advise? good or bad and how do I get hold of Bix need info on areas too thanks in advance

Hi
This is mrs bix here will be back in a min
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

(QUOTE) HI Please can you advise am too moving to Cairns any advise? good or bad and how do I get hold of Bix need info on areas too thanks in advance
[/QUOTE]

Hi Kernow - Mrs Bix again

Firstly, welcome to the forum - once bitten theres no looking back

How are you? So, you are heading for beautiful Cairns too Its the rainy season at the mo but still good temps, need the rain this time of the year as so dry other times.

Bix has not long put up a thread regarding areas in Cairns, so if you put 'Cairns' in search, you shld find a lot of info there ok?

Where in Kernow are you from then? We are originally from St. Austell and St. Dennis.

We absolutely (as I've said many times b4) love Cairns It was def the right move for all of us (me, Bix and two sons now 21 and 19) Our lives have changed so much for the better. Work is the same wherever you are, but other aspects of our lifes makes up for that. The back drop of the beautiful lush green rain forest alone is breath taking and we never tire of seeing it everyday! Life has been really good since being here although its had its ups and downs as normal.

For me, but not the men in my life, missing my family and friends in the UK has probably been the hardest thing to comes to terms with since emigrating 3+ yrs ago, we were so close and there for each other no matter what, that is something I have not got here.

But, life is short and needs to be grabbed with both hands , so no regrets in this camp matey

PM us if you need any advice, we will help as best we can.

Take care and good luck
Gill
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:28 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

My neighbour had a nice 5 metre one at the back of her place the other week The latest at ours is a couple of baby feral pigs (never spotted these here before now), several bandicoots, various cassowaries, wallabies galore, the odd curlew including our Christmas day chicks, lorikeets, and other exotic birds and the list goes on it's like living at our own personal zoo.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:31 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

People of Cairns be afraid be very afraid.....I have my visa Have just been told this morning.

Get ready the geordies are coming

Kaye x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:32 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

People of Cairns be afraid be very afraid.....I have my visa Have just been told this morning.

Kaye x
LOL.......Go Kaye, Go Kaye
Beth x x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:39 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Kaye x
That's great news !! Look forward to meeting you all when you arrive
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Kaye x
Great news, many congrats
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on this great bit of news Liz! That must be a real boost!

How did you e-mail your CO? I have tried but had no response Would like to know if everything ok or not so far but also think I just need to be patient & not hassle her/him
Hi Sally Claire,
I have had CO's e mail for ages as got it when my employer sponsorship part was approved..she e mailed both of us...so I have hassled her ever since!!!!
have you not had any contact from your CO at all?
Liz
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Kaye x
Great news kaye, when do you think you will be heading out??
bet you are soooooo chuffed, you may be there before me then?!
Lizx
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
(QUOTE) HI Please can you advise am too moving to Cairns any advise? good or bad and how do I get hold of Bix need info on areas too thanks in advance
Hi Kernow - Mrs Bix again

Firstly, welcome to the forum - once bitten theres no looking back

How are you? So, you are heading for beautiful Cairns too Its the rainy season at the mo but still good temps, need the rain this time of the year as so dry other times.

Bix has not long put up a thread regarding areas in Cairns, so if you put 'Cairns' in search, you shld find a lot of info there ok?

Where in Kernow are you from then? We are originally from St. Austell and St. Dennis.

We absolutely (as I've said many times b4) love Cairns It was def the right move for all of us (me, Bix and two sons now 21 and 19) Our lives have changed so much for the better. Work is the same wherever you are, but other aspects of our lifes makes up for that. The back drop of the beautiful lush green rain forest alone is breath taking and we never tire of seeing it everyday! Life has been really good since being here although its had its ups and downs as normal.

For me, but not the men in my life, missing my family and friends in the UK has probably been the hardest thing to comes to terms with since emigrating 3+ yrs ago, we were so close and there for each other no matter what, that is something I have not got here.

But, life is short and needs to be grabbed with both hands , so no regrets in this camp matey

PM us if you need any advice, we will help as best we can.

Take care and good luck
Gill[/QUOTE]

Gill,
Keep meaning to ask where in Cornwall you lived? My parents lived down there in Looe for ages and I was gutted when they moved to Dorset! I absolutely loved the area...weather mad here in Manchester..snowing one minute then sun out the next..wierd!
Lizx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.