WTF in America

Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It is good, actually, because it means they caught the problem in time and can now work on rehousing the kids with someone who will (hopefully) take better care of them.
Reading between the lines, the problem is going to recurr, repeatedly, for the next 15 or so years, unless two pairs of tubes are tied.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Reading between the lines, the problem is going to recurr, repeatedly, for the next 15 or so years, unless two pairs of tubes are tied.
Need to get 'em both fixed, in case they split up. Plus scalpel-free vasectomy clinics are all over the place these days, quick and easy. ****, I'd be fine with my tax dollars paying for it too - call it community enrichment or something.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Chesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond repute

It is good, actually, because it means they caught the problem in time and can now work on rehousing the kids with someone who will (hopefully) take better care of them.
I'm never really comfortable with the whole "placed with other family members" thing in such dreadful neglect cases. These people have hardly been a positive influence thus far after all. Still, presumably the care will be an improvement (not that that's hard)
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chesten
I'm never really comfortable with the whole "placed with other family members" thing in such dreadful neglect cases. These people have hardly been a positive influence thus far after all. Still, presumably the care will be an improvement (not that that's hard)
Now you mention it, I guess I only scanned the article and saw 'foster care' but didn't notice the bit about other relatives. Still, as you say, anything has to be better than where they were.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 12:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chesten
Now you mention it, I guess I only scanned the article and saw 'foster care' but didn't notice the bit about other relatives. Still, as you say, anything has to be better than where they were.
Sometimes there are decent members of families in bad situations that are best for already traumatized young kids. Being with someone they are familiar with can help.

One of the nurses at work has recently adopted her great niece. When she was going through the process she had the choice of allowing the little girls parents visiting rights. She decided it was best for all involved to ask for complete termination. A couple of months after the adoption both parents were arrested for drug offences and are now back in jail.

This sweet child now has the life she deserves.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Chesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond reputeChesten has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Sometimes there are decent members of families in bad situations that are best for already traumatized young kids. Being with someone they are familiar with can help.

One of the nurses at work has recently adopted her great niece. When she was going through the process she had the choice of allowing the little girls parents visiting rights. She decided it was best for all involved to ask for complete termination. A couple of months after the adoption both parents were arrested for drug offences and are now back in jail.

Old Nov 1st 2017, 11:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

There has been a similar thread running in the OZ forums.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 12:51 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Student charged after smearing bodily fluids on roommate's bag - BBC News

In this case, the actual story is quite a bit more icky than the BBC headline suggests. Good idea to inspect your toothbrush, before you extrude that toothpaste on it...
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Student charged after smearing bodily fluids on roommate's bag - BBC News

In this case, the actual story is quite a bit more icky than the BBC headline suggests. Good idea to inspect your toothbrush, before you extrude that toothpaste on it...
I like the way they got around the fact that it was menstrual blood by saying 'bodily fluids'
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:36 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Following on from yesterday’s Walmart shooting...I have opened a new thread in TIO for killings in the US.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/take-.../#post12373429
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:55 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I like the way they got around the fact that it was menstrual blood by saying 'bodily fluids'
But that's not where the sun don't shine, according to the dictionaries I consulted.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by robin1234
But that's not where the sun don't shine, according to the dictionaries I consulted.
She has denied the 'where the sun don't shine' bit, admits to the rest. In any case, wouldn't it be a bit painful to put the working end of a bristly toothbrush there?

Last edited by mikelincs; Nov 2nd 2017 at 3:04 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 2:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Need to get 'em both fixed, in case they split up. Plus scalpel-free vasectomy clinics are all over the place these days, quick and easy. ****, I'd be fine with my tax dollars paying for it too - call it community enrichment or something.
I think it's meant to be community reduction, rather than enrichment.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 5:22 pm
Concierge

Well done that woman...

Moment woman flees kidnapper's car boot captured on camera | The Independent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.