Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:15 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

What is it with radio stations constantly talking about sex over here? When I was in LA a couple of weeks ago, one morning the presenters were talking about old folks having a gangbang in their residential home. The following day they were having people call up and describe their first lesbian experience. The local station I tune in to here got new hosts last week, yesterday one of the hosts was talking about how many orgasms she has with her lover now she's a lesbian, as opposed to how many she had with a boy in high school. Virtually every conversation seems to be about sex.

Not really what I want on the radio while I'm driving my kid to school on a morning. Is this just a Californian thing, or is the same across the country? Does anyone really want to listen to this crap, do people get off on hearing people talk about their sex lives?
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio Stations Constant Talk about Sex

Really? what station was that?

All I could find was the same few recycled records. Kevin and Bean on KROQ did seem to keep going on about the new law requiring you to gain verbal consent before sex just before we left.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:25 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Really? what station was that?

All I could find was the same few recycled records. Kevin and Bean on KROQ did seem to keep going on about the new law requiring you to gain verbal consent before sex just before we left.
Alternative 98.7

I don't seem to be able to find a station that plays more than 1 song an hour, on a morning.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:27 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

All I could find was the same few recycled records.

You said it! It is a law that Johnny Rivers, "Secret Agent Man," be played once an hour, whatever the station's alleged format.

And I some how really b--ered that quote up!

Last edited by Nutmegger; Sep 17th 2014 at 9:40 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
Alternative 98.7

I don't seem to be able to find a station that plays more than 1 song an hour, on a morning.
Oh, they don't usually seem to have much talking. Might be a new idea.
Originally Posted by Nutmegger
You said it! It is a law that Johnny Rivers, "Secret Agent Man," be played once an hour, whatever the station's alleged format.

And I some how really b--ered that quote up!
You left a ] off - willmegger

There must be about a dozen songs they all share. ''Pumped up Kicks" springs to mind.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:41 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

You left a ] off - willmegger

There must be about a dozen songs they all share. ''Pumped up Kicks" springs to mind.
Ta da! Thanks! Yes -- and every white-boy version of a black soul song ever recorded . . .
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:43 pm

Oh, they don't usually seem to have much talking. Might be a new idea.
I think it must be, I usually tune to that station when I'm there. There's another station here, that I rarely listen to anymore, and every morning that was all they talked about too.

That and the false advertising of course, I drove my brand new BMW from Joe Ripoffs to the pay for the rest of your life mattress store...
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mind you, my daughter always put a rap station on, that did make me blush.

Old Sep 17th 2014, 10:01 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm I don't know. I listen to CBC Radio One from Ottawa and our local NPR station. I don't recall any mention of sex, going back twenty plus years.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 10:10 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I spell relief N-P-R. But if you require music with your coffee, then they can't help you.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 10:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't most stations Clearwater, thus just half a CD played in a loop?
Old Sep 17th 2014, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh and that flippin' one about the sweater.

This one kind of grew on me

Old Sep 17th 2014, 10:51 pm

Oh and that flippin' one about the sweater.

This one kind of grew on me

Dirty Heads - "My Sweet Summer" (Official Video) - YouTube
I hate the sweater one too, however the line "I hate the beach, but here I stand, in California with my feet in the sand" always makes me chuckle.

This is on constant loop here at the moment

Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
I spell relief N-P-R. But if you require music with your coffee, then they can't help you.
Another vote for NPR! Our two year old recently began imitating the little do-do-do-do they play before the news and shouting NPRNOOS!

Also, KJZZ our local station plays jazz most evenings and has an HD substation that just plays Jazz all day.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:12 pm

QUOTE=sir_eccles;11408877]Another vote for NPR! Our two year old recently began imitating the little do-do-do-do they play before the news and shouting NPRNOOS!

Also, KJZZ our local station plays jazz most evenings and has an HD substation that just plays Jazz all day.[/QUOTE]

Jazz It sounds like they are tuning their instruments, before they start playing real music.

I'll stick with Radio 6 while in the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.