Florida shooting

Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida shooting

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Back from the San Francisco rally and march. Quite inspiring. Survivors from Columbine and the Stoneman Douglas massacres; a member of Gabby Giffords organization; a dad whose daughter was shot dead in a school shooting, and a wonderful speech from Diane Feinstein, just 100 yards from the spot where, in 1978, she came out of City Hall to announce the shooting deaths of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk.

And thousands of schoolchildren marching and promising that they will vote once 18...
I spent most of the day watching on tv these young people speak in Washington. I spent much of the day in tears. They are so articulate and passionate and dedicated and strong.. and not to be deterred. It was so inspiring.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

I see the NRA reacted in its usual heartless and arsehole way.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/03/24/us/nra...rnd/index.html
Old Mar 25th 2018, 2:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Says it all:

Because the conversation usually goes like this:

You: We don’t want to ban all guns, we just want to ban assault weapons.

Me: What do you mean by “assault weapons?” There is no standard definition of “assault guns / assault weapons.”

You: You know, military grade weapons—no one needs those.

Me: “Military grade” weapons have a selector for fully automatic fire. Fully automatic weapons have been illegal since 1934. Civilians can’t purchase “military grade” weapons.

You: Well, you know, we should ban guns like AR-15s then.

Me: You want to ban just AR-15s or all guns like AR-15s?

You: All guns like AR-15s.

Me: An AR-15 is pretty representative of guns like it, so let’s look specifically at it. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic modern sporting rifle that can chamber .22, .223 (5.56 x 45mm), 6.8 SPC, .308, .450 Bushmaster and about a dozen others. Upper receivers for pistol calibers such as 9 mm, .40, and .45 are available. There are even .410 shotgun versions. So how would you write a “ban on guns like AR-15s” into law?

You: Um, let’s just ban all semi-automatic weapons.

Me: So you want to ban semi-automatic rifles or semi-automatic weapons?

You: All semi-automatic weapons

Me: So that would leave only bolt-action rifles and revolvers as legal guns?

You: Yeah! That’s it!

Me: That would ban about 80% of the guns currently in the US. I thought you said you didn’t want to ban all guns?

You: But the children!

Me: You’re a moron.

You: That’s mean and hateful! You can’t say that!

Me: Yes, it’s mean, but it’s protected under free speech.

You: We need to ban hate speech!

Me: You want to start placing restrictions on free speech now?

You: Not all speech, just hate speech.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
Says it all:

Me: What do you mean by “assault weapons?” There is no standard definition of “assault guns / assault weapons.”

Me: “Military grade” weapons have a selector for fully automatic fire. Fully automatic weapons have been illegal since 1934. Civilians can’t purchase “military grade” weapons.

Me: An AR-15 is pretty representative of guns like it, so let’s look specifically at it. An AR-15 is a semi-automatic modern sporting rifle that can chamber .22, .223 (5.56 x 45mm), 6.8 SPC, .308, .450 Bushmaster and about a dozen others. Upper receivers for pistol calibers such as 9 mm, .40, and .45 are available. There are even .410 shotgun versions. So how would you write a “ban on guns like AR-15s” into law?

Me: That would ban about 80% of the guns currently in the US. I thought you said you didn’t want to ban all guns?

Crawl back in your hole.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Says it all:

Please stop trolling Mr B...it is getting very, very tiresome. Why don’t you open a thread of your own...you could post all your boring/trolling comments and pics in there?
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Please stop trolling Mr B...it is getting very, very tiresome. Why don’t you open a thread of your own...you could post all your boring/trolling comments and pics in there?
Can't we just ban him? lol He will never stop.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Can't we just ban him? lol He will never stop.
Just ignore him; he’s not even a competent troll.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Just ignore him; he’s not even a competent troll.
He's competent at being annoying.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 5:44 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Says it all:

Banning bump stocks and large capacity magazines seems reasonable enough to me. Also raising the age to 21 for firearm purchases.

Last edited by dc koop; Mar 25th 2018 at 5:52 am.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Back from the huge Seattle march.
There were lots of placard slogans that reminded me of Boiler.
"Your guns dont make your dick bigger, they just make you a bigger dick" being one.
But signs attached to the cutest dog "My emotional support animal is cuter than your emotional support gun" on one side, and "Good boys dont need guns" on the other, reminded me of him too, as the dog was almost as cute as Boilers.
That's the best way to get gun owners on your side. By insulting them all.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 2:13 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Back from the huge Seattle march.
There were lots of placard slogans . .

The one I liked best was along the lines of "The only thing easier to buy than a gun is a politician."
Old Mar 25th 2018, 2:47 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I never want Boiler on my side.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Given the level of violence in this country, and the vast numbers of people killed each year, I would say that the onus is on those who wish to maintain an armed society to win over those who would change it, rather than the other way round.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another idiot heard from.

"Washington (CNN)CNN commentator and former Pennsylvania GOP Sen. Rick Santorum on Sunday suggested students protesting for gun control legislation would be better served by taking CPR classes and preparing for active shooter scenarios.

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said on CNN's "State of the Union."
Old Mar 25th 2018, 4:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
Another idiot heard from.

"Washington (CNN)CNN commentator and former Pennsylvania GOP Sen. Rick Santorum on Sunday suggested students protesting for gun control legislation would be better served by taking CPR classes and preparing for active shooter scenarios.

"How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about maybe taking CPR classes or trying to deal with situations that when there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that," Santorum said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.