Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Below 3 kw power ?

Below 3 kw power ?

Old May 3rd 2009, 5:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Below 3 kw power ?

Read HERE.
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Below 3 kw power ?

That's a laugh. The minimum power you can contract for is 3,3 which is virtually useless.
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

No, you can apply for the Tarifa Social which is less than 3kw.

It may be useless but the tariff does exist.

There are also two other tariffs below 3kw.

http://www.endesaonline.es/ES/Hogare...ifas/index.asp
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:50 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
That's a laugh. The minimum power you can contract for is 3,3 which is virtually useless.
We have 3.3. Some friends of ours have 2.2.

We manage OK with 3.3 - just don't put both fan heaters on at the same time! Or don't use the oil-filled radiator at the same time as the kettle and washing machine.

We very rarely use electric heating. We don't have a microwave, dishwasher or tumble drier and and our hot water is gas.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Au contraire.
I have a 15Amp (3kW) breaker and it's fine. So long as I don't try running the
kettle AND the immersion heater, OR the iron OR the fan heater at the same
time.
It keeps the lights on, the fridge cold, the telly running - when it doesn't explode
and the computer going.
(Plus, the supply voltage dips significantly when I pull much current, so I doubt
that the infrastructure would support people consuming mich more than
3kW each around here - better some for all than none for some.)

Since I don't have a power shower, electric cooker, air-con or arc-welder it's
good enough for me
Old May 5th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Not so, I have a cortijo with the 3.3kw and it never trips, we heat water with a 1 kw /100ltr heater , enegry saving bulbs through out the hose , washing machine around 1 kw , we cook with gas and heat the house with a wood burner , fridge freezer / tv etc draw minimal ammounts.
Rgds

Rotor
Old May 5th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

...but, do you have an ICP switch fitted? This is the switch that trips when you use more than the power you are contracted for. It is installed by Sevillana (or equivalent) and sealed so that you can't bypass it (in theory at least).

I have one fitted in only one of my three properties.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:14 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

...but, do you have an ICP switch fitted? This is the switch that trips when you use more than the power you are contracted for. It is installed by Sevillana (or equivalent) and sealed so that you can't bypass it (in theory at least).

I have one fitted in only one of my three properties.
Please be aware that it is a contractual obligation to have an ICP fitted. If Iberdrola (or equivalent) call and find it missing, be prepared to pay a BIG fine.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

moblies is an unknown quantity at this point

During a winter break we had about 3 x 2kw heaters on to warm the rooms up at night and it kept tripping the fuse although not everytime, I wondered if it was the circuit breakers where not man enough or could it be Iberdrola triping my fuse box because we were using more than the contracted 3+kw ?

House only 3 years old.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moblies
During a winter break we had about 3 x 2kw heaters on to warm the rooms up at night and it kept tripping the fuse although not everytime, I wondered if it was the circuit breakers where not man enough or could it be Iberdrola triping my fuse box because we were using more than the contracted 3+kw ?

House only 3 years old.
I wouldn't have thought the cause is anything that sinister,
The heaters are probable thermostatically controlled so the breaker only trips
when all 3 heaters plus what ever else are drawing power.
I'm sure Big Brother UK will be one of the first places to remotely trip domestic electrical supplies for excess demand when it becomes practical
Old May 7th 2009, 12:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrismortley
I wouldn't have thought the cause is anything that sinister,
The heaters are probable thermostatically controlled so the breaker only trips
when all 3 heaters plus what ever else are drawing power.
I'm sure Big Brother UK will be one of the first places to remotely trip domestic electrical supplies for excess demand when it becomes practical
Probably like chris said, they would rather let you use it then fine you for going over limit. ;-))
Old May 7th 2009, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
Probably like chris said, they would rather let you use it then fine you for going over limit. ;-))
Blimey can you believe it , I've made one detrimental remark about the government & Jacqui Smith has added me to her UK least most wanted list
Anyone got that US DJ'S lawers phone number?
Old May 7th 2009, 2:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Blimey can you believe it , I've made one detrimental remark about the government & Jacqui Smith has added me to her UK least most wanted list
Anyone got that US DJ'S lawers phone number?
It`s amazing who reads this site. ;-))
Old May 7th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s amazing who reads this site. ;-))
Do you think her OH has this site marked as a favorite along with his other chosen ones ?
At least this one is not PAYG
Old May 7th 2009, 2:31 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Hey don't hold me back Gordon, Ill smash em up, let me at those ex-pats I'm well hard me

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.