Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Below 3 kw power ?

Below 3 kw power ?

Old May 7th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant future
Default Re: Below 3 kw power ?

It's quite easy to get Iberdrola to upgrade you to 5.5 or 8.8 if you wish them too.

I have customers who are struggling on 3.3 and in the winter they have terrible trouble, especially over Christmas when they are cooking lunch.

If Iberdrola try and fob you off with the lack of current to the area, then just cite European regulations that Spain signed up to in 2002 promising everyone will have the option of 5.5 by 2006.

Spain took a huge grant from the European Union coffers to be able to meet this promise, so they have no choice but to ensure the supply.

Don't let them get away with it.

Mike.
Old May 7th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Please be aware that it is a contractual obligation to have an ICP fitted. If Iberdrola (or equivalent) call and find it missing, be prepared to pay a BIG fine.
The onus is on Sevillana/Endesa to fit an ICP. My properties have a space for them to be fitted but they have chosen not to do so. It's not up to me to tell them I don't have them and there is nothing in my contracts to say I am responsible for informing them.
Old May 8th 2009, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mike Cross
It's quite easy to get Iberdrola to upgrade you to 5.5 or 8.8 if you wish them too.

I have customers who are struggling on 3.3 and in the winter they have terrible trouble, especially over Christmas when they are cooking lunch.

If Iberdrola try and fob you off with the lack of current to the area, then just cite European regulations that Spain signed up to in 2002 promising everyone will have the option of 5.5 by 2006.

Spain took a huge grant from the European Union coffers to be able to meet this promise, so they have no choice but to ensure the supply.

Don't let them get away with it.

Mike.
What I find more distressing, is the poor people with new builds, complete with Underflloor heating, Aircon, the new cooker thermo-something hobs ( the bloody name escapes me at the moment)which draw about 2KW per ring intermittently, electric hot water heaters etc etc,
all put in with the acceptance of both the architech and the local planning auth, only to find that after they have bought they have only got a 3KW supply ( and those are the lucky ones, the others usually find that builders supply is cut off and iberdrola aint gonna connect anyway)!! Even worse there are whole urbanisations with this problem affecting hundreds if not thousands!!