VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS

Old May 14th 2010, 5:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship..Advice on applying before IELTS results..

Where did you get the 16th from? As I understand it, they have already suspended accepting applications.
Old May 14th 2010, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

nadeem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria State Sponsorship..Advice on applying before IELTS results..

If they are accepting applications so you can submit without IELTS, I got SS victoria without having IELTS. But could'nt apply for DIAC because of suspension. Waiting for resuming.......
Old May 14th 2010, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

VickyMel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Where did you get the 16th from? As I understand it, they have already suspended accepting applications.
Yep Victoria have suspended SS applications
But I think?? I saw that they may have contacted people who had already started a VIC SS application ie it is already in their computer system but not yet completed it fully and pushed the submit button. I think they told them if they want to be considered it must be in by 16th - so I assume OP may be in this category.

And yes I think it is generally OK to submit without IELTS - but I am not sure if that is for all occupations where e.g. it might be needed by DIAC.
Old May 18th 2010, 11:11 pm
giz
Forum Regular

giz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nice
Default VIC SS application

Hi,

I applied for State Sponsorship for the state of Victoria on 23 April 2010. The "track your application" is still sitting without a status assigned but has a case id.

Is this normal?

Regards
Gavin
Old May 18th 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

AUPOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VIC SS application

Originally Posted by giz
Hi,

I applied for State Sponsorship for the state of Victoria on 23 April 2010. The "track your application" is still sitting without a status assigned but has a case id.

Is this normal?

Regards
Gavin
Have you provided all documents to them like skill assessment, TRN # ( if already applied VISA) ? Email to them and they will respond to you very soon.
Old May 19th 2010, 1:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS

Merged
Old May 19th 2010, 6:53 am
giz
Forum Regular

giz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nicegiz is just really nice

Originally Posted by AUPOST
Have you provided all documents to them like skill assessment, TRN # ( if already applied VISA) ? Email to them and they will respond to you very soon.
Yes, I have supplied all docs (I believe), including skills assessment. Haven't applied for visa yet.

Will pop them an email.

Thanks
Old May 19th 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about
Default Victoria State Sponsorship-experience

Just to let you all know, I can now confirm from very recent experience that Victoria DO NOT need your skills assessment when lodging an application for Nomination for State Sponsorship. To be fair that's exactly what is says on their website, but I did note some people on this forum have often said Victoria say one thing but do another. Certainly in this case that is not the case.

Just to point out the reason we didn't get it done before applying was in case Victoria said no and we would have wasted £500 getting an assessment done. We did feel in a bit of a catch22 as we thought that not having provided it with the application may have worked against us, but I'm pleased to say that was not the case. Incidentally if anyone wants to know this is for my girlfriend who is a Social Worker, I'm a lowly 40 pointer who needs her "proper job" to get in to Aus. In fact don't even think I'm on the new SOL. And rightly so as I have far too much time on my hands!
Old May 21st 2010, 10:28 am
Nadeem Abbasi

nabbasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Today got a refusal from Victoria.
Old May 21st 2010, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by nabbasi
I did 1 month ago - its normal dont you be worried

Last edited by QLDlover; May 21st 2010 at 10:56 am.
Old May 21st 2010, 10:55 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Originally Posted by giz
Hi,

Is this normal?

Regards
Gavin
yes they wont update the status
Old May 21st 2010, 11:39 am
giz
Forum Regular

Default Re: VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS

Generally speaking...what are the reasons that a state (namely VIC in my case) can/will decline? Given that you meet all the criteria that they set out.
Old May 21st 2010, 11:42 am
giz
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AUPOST
They replied to my email...

"Your application is being assessed and will remain in process as a decision will not be made at this time due to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) suspension of General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas and suggest your view our website or DIAC for any updates."

so I guess that even though my SS application went in before 7 May my application won't be progressed until after 30 June. :-(
Old May 21st 2010, 11:44 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nabbasi
@NAbbasi

How long did they take to refuse ?.

Cheers,

TAA
Old May 21st 2010, 12:28 pm
Nadeem Abbasi

nabbasi is an unknown quantity at this point

@Foha2012

I have applied in beginning of March and at last it was a wastage of time.

Originally Posted by foha2012
@NAbbasi

How long did they take to refuse ?.

Cheers,

TAA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.