5.56%
Sold and moved into rented
7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going??

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going??

We've been on the market since the beginning of April Had an offer £15k below the original asking price from our 2nd viewer which we accepted but it then transpired he didn't have the funds to proceed

Then reduced the asking price £26k from the original asking price :scared:
Got an offer £21k below that which needless to say we rejected! Accepted an offer a month ago £8k below the new asking price. The buyers do have a buyer for their property but their buyers (if you follow!) have just lost their buyer so our chain is incomplete now

Our agents are still marketing the house - we insisted that they took down the sold sign after what happened with the first offer we accepted. We have somebody coming for a 2nd viewing tomorrow who isn't in a chain so fingers firmly crossed.

We have booked our flights for 21st January and are going, house sale or not but it would be nice to see it sorted before we go
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nicstids
We've been on the market since the beginning of April Had an offer £15k below the original asking price from our 2nd viewer which we accepted but it then transpired he didn't have the funds to proceed

Then reduced the asking price £26k from the original asking price :scared:
Got an offer £21k below that which needless to say we rejected! Accepted an offer a month ago £8k below the new asking price. The buyers do have a buyer for their property but their buyers (if you follow!) have just lost their buyer so our chain is incomplete now

Our agents are still marketing the house - we insisted that they took down the sold sign after what happened with the first offer we accepted. We have somebody coming for a 2nd viewing tomorrow who isn't in a chain so fingers firmly crossed.

We have booked our flights for 21st January and are going, house sale or not but it would be nice to see it sorted before we go
Hi.

We've still not had much luck, we put the house up for sale 1st March, we've reduced it £25,000 now thought we had sold it last month but they pulled out, then we had a couple that fell in love with it then she lost her job, talk about bad luck or what!

So last weekend we changed agent's even the new agent said it's a fantastic house at a bargain price and he think's it will sell, but when???????

The old agent rang on Monday to say even though we've changed agent's he's got someone that wants a second viewing on our house that came to see it in May, but they lost the sale on there own house and have now sold it again, im not going to turn anyone away just means if we sell it the old agent gets the commision who cares, so we wait again now to see if we can sell it.

I worked out last night that we've only got 5 wks left to sell it before it's to late to move before xmas, and that really upset me that we havent got much time left, do not want to go all the way to OZ just to validate.

Wish i had a magic wand??????

Paula.
Good luck everyone, the housing market sucks.......
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi.

We've still not had much luck, we put the house up for sale 1st March, we've reduced it £25,000 now thought we had sold it last month but they pulled out, then we had a couple that fell in love with it then she lost her job, talk about bad luck or what!

So last weekend we changed agent's even the new agent said it's a fantastic house at a bargain price and he think's it will sell, but when???????

The old agent rang on Monday to say even though we've changed agent's he's got someone that wants a second viewing on our house that came to see it in May, but they lost the sale on there own house and have now sold it again, im not going to turn anyone away just means if we sell it the old agent gets the commision who cares, so we wait again now to see if we can sell it.

I worked out last night that we've only got 5 wks left to sell it before it's to late to move before xmas, and that really upset me that we havent got much time left, do not want to go all the way to OZ just to validate.

Wish i had a magic wand??????

Paula.
Good luck everyone, the housing market sucks.......

Have to agree with you there 100% - the market completely sucks!!!
Feels like we'll have our house on the market forever!! Been on since May and weve reduced it 10k and even offered cash back on the sale of the house as an incentive - but to no avail!!!

Had quite a few viewers and also quite a few time wasters - but i just take every day as it comes and hope for the best!! I can completely understand how people lose interest in selling their house, as we never have a viewing anymore and think 'wow, this could be it!' there are some great actors out there who are quite happy to let you think they're gonna buy your house!!!

Keep your chin up Paula... it will happen one day and you'll be telling all your mates of the trauma you experienced - but how you made it through!! (even if it is with a few drinks!!

Karma sent to cheer you up!!!
Michelle
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mish & al
Have to agree with you there 100% - the market completely sucks!!!
Feels like we'll have our house on the market forever!! Been on since May and weve reduced it 10k and even offered cash back on the sale of the house as an incentive - but to no avail!!!

Had quite a few viewers and also quite a few time wasters - but i just take every day as it comes and hope for the best!! I can completely understand how people lose interest in selling their house, as we never have a viewing anymore and think 'wow, this could be it!' there are some great actors out there who are quite happy to let you think they're gonna buy your house!!!

Keep your chin up Paula... it will happen one day and you'll be telling all your mates of the trauma you experienced - but how you made it through!! (even if it is with a few drinks!!

Karma sent to cheer you up!!!
Michelle
Hi Michelle, thank's for your support.

Your defo right about the actor's, we've had a lot of those recently.

We got so fed up on Saturday we drunk ourself's silly, but it helped take our minds off the house for a couple of hrs, but boy did we feel bad the next day , im never going to touch the stuff again ......um well maybe ....

Paula.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Michelle.

I noticed your Manchester, are you comming to the NorthWest meet on the 1st Oct at the Salt Cellar?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paula,

I know exactly how demoralised you feel. I'd given up reading people's house selling experiences because it was just getting me down. The crap exchange rate doesn't help either

Even when we do eventually sell (or should that be "if" we sell), we're going to have a lot less money than we originally thought. And before people jump on me, I know money isn't everything but I will only be working part time in Aus so the smaller a mortgage we have, the better.

Have sent you karma (I think - not very good with this karma business!) Good Luck!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Hi Paula,

I know exactly how demoralised you feel. I'd given up reading people's house selling experiences because it was just getting me down. The crap exchange rate doesn't help either

Even when we do eventually sell (or should that be "if" we sell), we're going to have a lot less money than we originally thought. And before people jump on me, I know money isn't everything but I will only be working part time in Aus so the smaller a mortgage we have, the better.

Have sent you karma (I think - not very good with this karma business!) Good Luck!
Cheers.

My mate phoned me this afternoon to say she'd read an article in today's paper that the housing market is picking up, it could bloody do with it that's for sure.

Have returned you some Good luck Karma, we've got to try anything, my friend's brought us a good luck budda back from Thailand they said you have to keep rubbing his belly for good luck i tell you by the time we've finished with him he'll be anorexic.

Good luck, let's hope we all get some good viewer's this weekend.
Paula.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Michelle.

I noticed your Manchester, are you comming to the NorthWest meet on the 1st Oct at the Salt Cellar?
Hi Paula..

Hopefully we'll be able to make this one!!
We couldn't make the last one - our car broke down - couldn't believe it!!!

We have people coming round that evening (1st Oct) but hopefully we'll be able to pop up for a couple of drinks!!! It'll be nice to meet people in the same boat as us - who won't get bored listening to us drone on about Oz!

The other annoying thing about this whole housing nightmare is the waiting!!
Not being able to make plans and organise things until we get a sale. Seriously considering buggering off in Jan whether we have a sale or not!!!

And i know my friends are getting bored of hearing me moan!!!

Hope to see you in a week or so!
Michelle x
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mish & al
Hi Paula..

Hopefully we'll be able to make this one!!
We couldn't make the last one - our car broke down - couldn't believe it!!!

We have people coming round that evening (1st Oct) but hopefully we'll be able to pop up for a couple of drinks!!! It'll be nice to meet people in the same boat as us - who won't get bored listening to us drone on about Oz!

The other annoying thing about this whole housing nightmare is the waiting!!
Not being able to make plans and organise things until we get a sale. Seriously considering buggering off in Jan whether we have a sale or not!!!

And i know my friends are getting bored of hearing me moan!!!

Hope to see you in a week or so!
Michelle x
Hi Michelle.

Glad you can make it, look forward to meeting you.

All iv'e done this wk is moan about how little time we have left to sell the house , my poor friends must be sick of listening to me moaning on about everything OZ.

Good news this morning our new agent rang to say we've got a viewer tomorrow morning, they've sold there house and they have the money in the bank so it's a cash sale, plus we have the other viewer in the afternoon i told you about coming back for a second viewing from the previous agent, ive got everything crossed we sell it again, we should have been moving out on the 6th Oct but them buyer's pulled out.

It just makes me feel much better if we get viewers at least i feel the agents are trying, ive got a spring in my step again..

Good luck hope you have a good weekend.

paula.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michelle.

Glad you can make it, look forward to meeting you.

All iv'e done this wk is moan about how little time we have left to sell the house , my poor friends must be sick of listening to me moaning on about everything OZ.

Good news this morning our new agent rang to say we've got a viewer tomorrow morning, they've sold there house and they have the money in the bank so it's a cash sale, plus we have the other viewer in the afternoon i told you about coming back for a second viewing from the previous agent, ive got everything crossed we sell it again, we should have been moving out on the 6th Oct but them buyer's pulled out.

It just makes me feel much better if we get viewers at least i feel the agents are trying, ive got a spring in my step again..

Good luck hope you have a good weekend.

paula.
Sounds very positive paula good luck
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by possoms
Sounds very positive paula good luck
Thankyou,
We've just had so much bad luck lately with the house, i just think it's our turn now for a bit of good luck, it's so stressfull isnt it?

Ehh maybe it's that good luck budda ive been telling you all about, maybe its working.

paula.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:49 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the survey was done yesterday. Hopefully it won't show up anything negative as our buyer seems in a hurry to exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes through.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 10:51 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The A Team
Well, the survey was done yesterday. Hopefully it won't show up anything negative as our buyer seems in a hurry to exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes through.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Sharon
x
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:06 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The A Team
Same here good luck
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

well weve just had a classic feedback from the agent - people who viewed yesterday evening where looking for a different area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??????????

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.