The Brexit; Are you in or out?

View Poll Results: Should Britiain Leave EU
Yes
32.04%
No
37.86%
HELL YES
26.21%
Let more Sexy Eastern Euro girls move over here, then leave.
3.88%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

The Brexit; Are you in or out?

Old Jun 27th 2016, 7:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: The Brexit; Are you in or out?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
How patronising are you? I am a working class person born and brought up in Oldham and understood it perfectly. So yes, I do think that. I don't assume working class people are stupid.

For three days now, Remainers have been maintaining this position that only they are clever enough to understand the issues. Perish the thought that somebody can be intelligent and have a different opinion.
Didn't mean to be patronising and should have balanced it a bit more as I have previously with the lies spouted by all.

I'm talking about both sides in reality. Neither side had a fully educated group of support who chose to inform themselves to the best degree.

My point was that lots of people will very quickly latch onto the first thing that supports their claims whether BS or not, without much further thought and these things can end up being pedaled by them as fact, as truth, as the utter gospel.

I laughed when I first heard the 350m a week claim. You might have done too. Some people would have thought it was low. Some would have thought high. But I bet out of the four people there - they didn't all go trying to find out if it was true...
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

so almost 3 days later, all those who voted to leave, are you dumb-asses still happy with your decision?
Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

'you' folks have turned England into a big melting pot of racist, ignorant, xenophobia bunch of mofo's
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
'you' folks have turned England into a big melting pot of racist, ignorant, xenophobia bunch of mofo's
to be fair it was that before the vote.

Remember, the desi areas also voted overwhelmingly to leave. The desi taxi drivers were worried about the poles too.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

so almost 3 days later, all those who voted to leave, are you dumb-asses still happy with your decision?
The fact the germans and french came out with "We never liked you anyway" says it all.

Why stay in an unhappy marriage.

Bring on BoJo and Trump.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:41 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Splendid Isolation

Google it - Nothing new.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

yes I know it isn't anything new, except it is now seemingly widespread accepted...that's what I meant by my comment.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
to be fair it was that before the vote.

Remember, the desi areas also voted overwhelmingly to leave. The desi taxi drivers were worried about the poles too.
Not quite true. The Times of India analysed the 'Desi vote'--it was much the same as other British-- In general---the young or wealthy--Remain. The older or less well off--Brexit.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
How patronising are you? I am a working class person born and brought up in Oldham and understood it perfectly. So yes, I do think that. I don't assume working class people are stupid.

For three days now, Remainers have been maintaining this position that only they are clever enough to understand the issues. Perish the thought that somebody can be intelligent and have a different opinion.
of course Remain supporters from the home counties with a degree in English Literature will have a perfect understanding of the political and economical implications of voting leave or remain. May just be that they are worried that it will put up the cost of their annual Skiing holiday in Chamonix!
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Not quite true. The Times of India analysed the 'Desi vote'--it was much the same as other British-- In general---the young or wealthy--Remain. The older or less well off--Brexit.
And the desi are mostly in the less-well off category.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:28 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
And the desi are mostly in the less-well off category.
yep
I made it a point to ask ALL of my desi friends there how they voted and almost ALL of them voted leave. Very few voted remain and those few were either in the financial sector and understood what it really would mean to leave or were better off than the rest in that spectrum.
I hereby proclaim that it was the desi vote that swung it all
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
yep
I made it a point to ask ALL of my desi friends there how they voted and almost ALL of them voted leave. Very few voted remain and those few were either in the financial sector and understood what it really would mean to leave or were better off than the rest in that spectrum.
I hereby proclaim that it was the desi vote that swung it all
I think it did.

The irony.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:27 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
Do you think that people voted leave on the basis of 350mil a week to the NHS whilst understanding that their family would be 4300quid a year worse off?

Or are we saying that the bus was believable but the chancellor wasn't?
Well, since you ask:

Nearly half of Britons believe Vote Leave's false '£350 million a week to the EU' claim | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Nearly half of the British public believe Vote Leave’s claim that the UK pays £350 million a week to the European Union despite the figure being debunked, a poll shows.
Ipsos MORI found that 47 per cent of the public believe that the claim, which has been repeatedly criticised by the UK Statistics Authority, is true.
Just 39 per cent realise the figure, which has formed the centerpiece of the Leave campaign, is false, while 14 per cent do not know.

But the public do not believe Treasury forecasts that households would be £4,300 permanently worse off after Brexit, the same poll shows.

You're most welcome.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:51 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, everyone is wasting their time worrying about this now.

I would say now that the UK is simply not going to leave. We bluffed, and they called us. It's game over.

Carswell is still on TV saying we want single market access, but not membership. Not going to happen. It simply is not.

The choice therefore is very simple. Totally in, or totally out. Most of the Tory 'out' side was driven by the mistaken belief that the EU would roll over and do a cusy deal. It won't. It doesn't have to, because if it offers no deal, the UK just stays, because the alternative is just unthinkable. The only thing holding the UK economy together now is the prospect that something, some kind of deal to keep the UK in the single market will be done. If you push the button, it's goodnight forever. The UK economy will be finished.

The EU is not going to be happy with this uncertainty, but after a few months, people will slowly realize that the UK is simply not going to ever push the button and things will stabilize and recover.

As a face saving deal, the UK then might be offered something so that the EU and UK can close the final loose end. This deal would basically to convert the UK's membership to a bilateral deal, kind of like Switzerland has. But it'd be quick, it simply maintains all the UK's obligations and benefits.

The UK would lose its seat at the EU table, so would no longer have input over rules. But it would not be obliged to any further integration, EU army, etc. The UK contribution would be slashed from 350m to 70m (80%!), but the UK would no longer receive any rebate or EU funds back such as CAP, etc. (the smart ones will have noticed, this is exactly net what the UK pays at present, but thanks to the 350m lie, it will be easy for the UK to sell this to the plebs as an 80% cut... kind of hard for the same people who put 350m on the bus to argue that was a lie and we actually only paid 70m anyway).

And everyone will live happily ever after. UK passports won't say European Union on, business carries on, banks stay in London (though London no longer sets the rules), etc.

Remember, the referendum was never about immigration or the single market. It was only about leaving the EU, which the UK in the above solution would have done. The PM would champion it as a victory, he cut the UK's contribution by 80%, maintain single market access and left the EU.

I should also add, for this reason I think GBP and the FTSE have been oversold. They are going to suffer for 6 months, but the longer this goes on, the longer people realize nothing will change, and things will just revert back to where they were beforehand.

Last edited by captainflack; Jun 27th 2016 at 11:57 am.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by captainflack
Well, since you ask:

Nearly half of Britons believe Vote Leave's false '£350 million a week to the EU' claim | UK Politics | News | The Independent

Nearly half of the British public believe Vote Leave’s claim that the UK pays £350 million a week to the European Union despite the figure being debunked, a poll shows.
Ipsos MORI found that 47 per cent of the public believe that the claim, which has been repeatedly criticised by the UK Statistics Authority, is true.
Just 39 per cent realise the figure, which has formed the centerpiece of the Leave campaign, is false, while 14 per cent do not know.

But the public do not believe Treasury forecasts that households would be £4,300 permanently worse off after Brexit, the same poll shows.

You're most welcome.
I love polls. They are always right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.