Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old May 12th 2007, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

chriswoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by Sue B
When we were there in March our developer said they were still waiting for the plans to be signed, she was quite cross as they have bought the land and want some return on it. Hopefully it will go ahead, I think it will as there is already an empty pool on the site. I am going on Sunday so will see what I can find out
I have heard the rumours about the bridges but know nothing about them.
Did you find any details out about the club? I thought they had already syarted building it?
Christina
Old May 14th 2007, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

TaniaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriswoods
Did you find any details out about the club? I thought they had already syarted building it?
Christina
Hi, I was out 2 weeks ago and nothing has started. To be honest it looks a bit of a mess with the empty pool. Our house looks on to it so hopefully it will be built soon.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaniaH
Hi, I was out 2 weeks ago and nothing has started. To be honest it looks a bit of a mess with the empty pool. Our house looks on to it so hopefully it will be built soon.

Hi Tania, Has your builder said anything, was it a given when you where buying or are they waiting to sell more? It does seem rather obvious that the site needs the facilities. OB
Old May 15th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi Tavira Trog
We went to Pedros last time we were out and it was very nice. They have a tourist menu which is ok. Further along from there is another restaurant, I don't know its name but there is a telephone booth outside at the front. Its just along from where you catch the little boat across to the beach. We have had some lovely meals there and very reasonable. If you go to Monte Gordo a good place to try is O Jamie's the food there is very good, but be warned in the height of the summer season you can wait for a long time for a table. We have noticed the last few times we've been out that there is a very popular outdoor restaurant just left of the Garage as you go into Tavira. It looks like the sort of place that the local residents eat at we are going to try that when we go next. As for the roundabout and your area TT, do you mind if I call you that? I think you on the development just behind ours. Further along from you is the Tavira Garden development, I think, so you are not far at all.
Have either of you been to the internet cafe by the river? It's the place where the little train stops. They do coffee for 1 euro there as opposed to 2 euros across the water and it gets the sun and not shade. Please let me know of any interesting or useful places you have found.
If you do go into Monte Gordo to eat try Eurobar, known locally as Jospeh's, next door to O Jamie's. The food is much better and the service is personal. We have been going there for many years and we keep meeting the same people both Portuguese and other europeans
Old May 15th 2007, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

TaniaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Odd Balls
Hi Tania, Has your builder said anything, was it a given when you where buying or are they waiting to sell more? It does seem rather obvious that the site needs the facilities. OB
Hi, We bought the house or arranged to have it built with Superior worldwide in Ayemonte. Superior and their contact in Portugal told us that there would be a country club with restaurant and swimming pool. Since then we have met our builder and we now have no contact with Superior. Our builder doesn't speak english and I have asked his PA about it - she speaks a little english! They don't seem to know much about it. We did go back to Superior about something else to do with the house and they weren't interested! I guess once they get the sale thats it. I could ask our lawyer about it but she's useless at getting back to me on anything so I try and only send her emails when I'm really desperate! Our house was supposed to be ready in January and although the house is nearly finished apparently the habitation licences are taking months to come through! Otherwise - we are really pleased with everything! The workmanship is fantastic and we get on very well with our builder and his PA. I don't know what will happen with regard to the country club. I'm assuming and hoping that it will happen and will be pretty annoyed if it doesn't. I read in other messages that one of the developers from the apartments is building the club and it seems that they want to get on with it. We would like to rent out the house from next summer which may be difficult if the club is being built opposite! Once the development is finished it will be lovely - I just hope that it is completed soon!
Old May 15th 2007, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

When we were out last week we were told by the lady on the site that the club house was already in construction, she said it was the building behind the pool????
We are going to be having a house built - should sign the contracts within the next couple of months.
Regards
Christina
Old May 15th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriswoods
When we were out last week we were told by the lady on the site that the club house was already in construction, she said it was the building behind the pool????
We are going to be having a house built - should sign the contracts within the next couple of months.
Regards
Christina
Hi Christina
I dont think the club house can be built yet as when I saw our developers in March (who are the ones who own the land and are going to build it) they still did not have planing permission. origanally the country club was going to be for the two blocks our developers have built and we were going to have to join it for a fee. Now they have changed it to include everyone with the developers wife running it and paying for itself with the resturant and takeaway. There is a swimming pool there already that was built by another builder but I understand they want to rebuild it. Did not get a chance to ask when I was there in May but have e-mailed them to ask the question,not heard yet. He is a very busy man at the moment with everyone moving in and having teething troubles. We were told it would be ready by next summer but I am not holding my breath. Regards Sue
Old May 17th 2007, 2:11 am
Just Joined

CakeMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christina
I dont think the club house can be built yet as when I saw our developers in March (who are the ones who own the land and are going to build it) they still did not have planing permission. origanally the country club was going to be for the two blocks our developers have built and we were going to have to join it for a fee. Now they have changed it to include everyone with the developers wife running it and paying for itself with the resturant and takeaway. There is a swimming pool there already that was built by another builder but I understand they want to rebuild it. Did not get a chance to ask when I was there in May but have e-mailed them to ask the question,not heard yet. He is a very busy man at the moment with everyone moving in and having teething troubles. We were told it would be ready by next summer but I am not holding my breath. Regards Sue
Hi everyone,

I picked up the keys to our apartment two weeks ago and according to my builder the plans for the club are available to view in the town hall. I haven't checked this out yet but it's clear that nothing is happening yet at the site. If this is the case, I presume it is still awaiting formal planning permission. Apparently all building works for the apartments must be finished by August 2008 so I wouldn't expect anything to begin on the club for a while yet.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Christina
Sue
Do you know of a new furniture store that has just opened just over the border in Spain?
Christina
Old May 19th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

There are two furniture stores in Ayemonte if those are the ones you mean. One is called Absolute and iif you get off the ferry from Villa Real you turn left.
The other one is Frontosa and that one is on the river front but you turn left from the ferry.

These stores both have websites and at least one of them is run by a British couple.

I don't know if you mean another place other than these but I hope this helps.

There are also a couple of good furniture shops on the road to Villa Real as well, just as you begin to arrive there.

Dave
Old May 19th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi again,

Opps! I meant frontosa is to the right when you get off the ferry.

Dave
Old May 19th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Oops again, It may be called Frontera not Frontosa. I can't find my info on it but it's one of these.

Dave
Old May 19th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deejay7
Hi,

Oops again, It may be called Frontera not Frontosa. I can't find my info on it but it's one of these.

Dave
Hi there

Yes it is called Frontera and it has a great selection of furniture - does apartment packs from a pine quality to a light oak. Web address is http://www.furniturefrontera.com/

I think they can also sort out white goods and do some basic DIY - shower screens lights etc.

Carol
Old May 19th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Hi there

Yes it is called Frontera and it has a great selection of furniture - does apartment packs from a pine quality to a light oak. Web address is http://www.furniturefrontera.com/

I think they can also sort out white goods and do some basic DIY - shower screens lights etc.

Carol
Thanks for this Carol.
Christina
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

On a new subject- Has anyone had any dealings/heard anything about the builder 'Antonio Rodriguez? He presently lives on the estate, & I'm thinking of buying a house from him. I've heard bad reports about a certain other builder who has several houses for sale (can't name him in public domain for obvious reasons, i.e. my kneecaps!!). I've met Sr. Rodriguez, & he seems a very nice chap, but aren't they all when they're trying to sell you something???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.