Wikiposts

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by chriswoods
Thanks for that info.
Where would you say would be best to buy items from?
Christina
Yes, I would tend to agree with Joao & buy locally wherever possible. I have always recommended 'Confort', it's a small shop at the level crossing near LIDL. Very helpful, they turn up when they say they will & take away all the boxes & stuff too. AND most of them speak good English!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Trevor,
Thats unusual with Carrefour, we had a plasma that gave up after 19 months, techie tried to mend it but no good , so we got a brand new replacement with another two years warranty.
Also taken kids toys, and a car radio back for refund within 14 days no trouble at all.
I must say, you do surprise me, they left me with a very bitter taste. I was frankly taken aback with their arrogance. I started with the 'nice' approach, almost apologising (after all, they didn't make the phone), but was immediately faced with a brick wall refusal to help. First the counter staff, then the 'customer services', who were already dealing with a less-than-happy victim, who very kindly helped me translate my 'Scot-u-guese' into Spanish! In the end I managed to fix the phone myself by doing a software update, but no thanks to them. Perhaps your branch is friendlier than the Cartaya one? Any other stories???

Last edited by Dishin'upDigital; Oct 12th 2007 at 1:26 pm. Reason: forgot something
Old Oct 12th 2007, 6:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
I must say, you do surprise me, they left me with a very bitter taste. I was frankly taken aback with their arrogance. I started with the 'nice' approach, almost apologising (after all, they didn't make the phone), but was immediately faced with a brick wall refusal to help. First the counter staff, then the 'customer services', who were already dealing with a less-than-happy victim, who very kindly helped me translate my 'Scot-u-guese' into Spanish! In the end I managed to fix the phone myself by doing a software update, but no thanks to them. Perhaps your branch is friendlier than the Cartaya one? Any other stories???
Perhaps you need to look more abusive, raise your voice and flap your arms about in the true Spanish style. lol
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Old Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really niceOld Biker is just really nice

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
Yes, I would tend to agree with Joao & buy locally wherever possible. I have always recommended 'Confort', it's a small shop at the level crossing near LIDL. Very helpful, they turn up when they say they will & take away all the boxes & stuff too. AND most of them speak good English!
I agree, bought fridge, freezer, washing machine and dish washer all from Confort over the past few months. Good service and very obliging
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:49 am
Just Joined

CakeMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

I had some problems with a small outside table from Moviflor. They told me they had the table in stock but i needed to order the chairs. So I paid, drove round the back and they loaded it but I suddenly became suspicious when my girlfriend pointed out that they had brought out the one from the display and left the chairs. On closer inspection, one of the feet was missing and they had bent one of the legs to make it level. But when I pointed this out and asked to order a new one along with the chairs the staff all stood around 'discussing' what to do. I then had the same conversation with three people in turn, including the warehouse guys who pretended to look for the missing foot. They even tried to fob me off by attaching a foot from another table which was twice the size of the rest and looked ridiculous. And it wasn't until I suggested I was going to cancel the rest of my pending order, which included a sofa and a few other bits, that they suddenly changed their tune. Funny that!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

malcandsue is an unknown quantity at this point

hi. we have just bought a apartment in quinta de pegada, me and my husband, it will be ready for us to move in to round july 2008,we have sold our house here in England (we hope) having had our buyers , buyers pull out last time, this house selling is very stress full, we were planing on stoping in the uk till 2008, but beacause we love Tavira so much we decided to rent there untill our apartment is ready,what the hell you only live once, my husbands brother has been living there over 1 year it has took me that long to decide to leave my family,2 sons , 1 daughter, 3 grandsons, at least thay will get a holiday out of it, so hopefully on the 28 november we will be on our way, sue x
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Lelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant futureLelandy has a brilliant future

Hi M&S,

Do you know if your apartment is amongst the last to be completed? Is your building up or did you buy off plan?

Sorry to be nosey.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

malcandsue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
We did buy of plan, we now have floors walls and they start tiling soon.
we are on the third floor right hand side.
should be finished next June.
The plot is B16 by Sequa.
Do you live there or are you thinking about it.
my turn to be nosy.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

chriswoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malcandsue
hi. we have just bought a apartment in quinta de pegada, me and my husband, it will be ready for us to move in to round july 2008,we have sold our house here in England (we hope) having had our buyers , buyers pull out last time, this house selling is very stress full, we were planing on stoping in the uk till 2008, but beacause we love Tavira so much we decided to rent there untill our apartment is ready,what the hell you only live once, my husbands brother has been living there over 1 year it has took me that long to decide to leave my family,2 sons , 1 daughter, 3 grandsons, at least thay will get a holiday out of it, so hopefully on the 28 november we will be on our way, sue x
Who have you managed to rent from? We are looking to rent early next year while our house is being built in Pegada.
Christina
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Biker
I agree, bought fridge, freezer, washing machine and dish washer all from Confort over the past few months. Good service and very obliging
Not a good idea to post info like this on an open forum, or apartment numbers and positions on urbanizations, anybody can read it and use it to their advantage of burglary etc.

Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Hi everyone
Just back from QDP has anyone seen the new site for the flee market and ampi theatre at the back of the cash and carries. We were told by our condaminium manager that there is going to be a new supermarket at the end of the lane where it joins the 125. He also said that Fernando who is building the pool ect is applying for another floor to the apartment block that is also going on the site so he still has not got the permission. The last time I spoke to Fernando and asked if the pool was going to happen he said " of course " . He is starting it as soon as he gets permission. So we I will let you know if I hear anything else
Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:53 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by Sue B
We were told by our condaminium manager that there is going to be a new supermarket at the end of the lane where it joins the 125.
I read in one of the free papers that the Tavira mayor was annoyed that planning for a new shopping centre to rival the one in Faro had been delayed. It was described as being in the northeast of Tavira near the sports complex. Could this be the same place?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tavira Trog

We read that in the paper as well but i don't think it will be behind the cash and carry as there is not enough space plus the sports pravillion is in the town near the indoor swimming pool.
The market should be in use in a couple of weeks.

Sue
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:58 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue,

I was clutching at straws really. The article did say the new shopping complex would be north of the 125 and to the east of the town as I remember it. I haven't kept the paper and can't remember what else it said. I'm sure someone will come up with the right answer soon (what about it Joao?).
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Joao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud ofJoao has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Hi Sue,

I was clutching at straws really. The article did say the new shopping complex would be north of the 125 and to the east of the town as I remember it. I haven't kept the paper and can't remember what else it said. I'm sure someone will come up with the right answer soon (what about it Joao?).
The delay in the building of the shopping complex is because the planning name has to be changed from "industrial" to "commercial". It will be located on the road that runs from the BP garage to the roundabout where you can turn down to the Albacora Hotel. Behind Casa Ambaca's warehouse and the Soprocil yard and the vacant land at the side of this area. It is south of the railway line and therefore south of the EN125.
Joao

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.