Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Wikiposts

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:18 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by Odd Balls
No worries, but if you are ever in the area pop in. OB
I live by the Liverpool-Leeds canal. Anytime your passing just drop in.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:12 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
I live by the Liverpool-Leeds canal. Anytime your passing just drop in.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

chriswoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by teddy14
Hi,
we have just bought a house on Quinta de Pegada in Tavira and we have now noticed that various sites on the net say that a coutry club is planned for the estate, I wodnerd if this was true and if anyone had any information about it(when its to be built, the facitities, where etc).

Thanks in advance
We are planning to have one of the town houses on the left hand side as you come into Quinta da Pegada and we are in Tavira from 29 April - 8 May trying to finalise things.
We will try and find more details out while we are over.
Christina
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriswoods
We are planning to have one of the town houses on the left hand side as you come into Quinta da Pegada and we are in Tavira from 29 April - 8 May trying to finalise things.
Christina
Would that be one of those with the swimming pools, or the ones with the dome over the front door? www.trevortronix.com
Old Apr 28th 2007, 1:01 am
Just Joined

TaniaH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chriswoods
Christina
Hi Christina, we too are having a house built on the lefthand side as you come into the development from the road coming in at the top of the development - just up from the roundabout. Could you be our neighbour with the same builder? We know that the house next to us is being built by two English families. I returned from Tavira last night and the development has really progressed since I was there in January. Our house is coming on well but is running really late! I don't know when the country club will be built - I'm presuming after the houses have been built and sold so that they have some custom. Hope your trip goes well!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 1:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hi Tania
There is a lighting shop just as you go into Tavira from the Cabanas end it is on the right, by a Bondi cafe, along a road that leads down to the BP petrol garage near Pingu doce. The lady in there was very accomodating and was able to order lights with only a few days notice. The only thing is she doesn't takes credit cards so you need to make sure you have euros. We didn't pay for our lights until they had arrived though and she speaks English.
Happy shopping
Gina 11
Hi Gina, I found the lighting shop you recommended and the lady there was really brilliant with excellent english, so I've ordered all the lighting from her. She was really keen for us to save money and suggested lighting that wouldn't eat up electricity. Thank you for your help!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TaniaH
Hi Dave
We have ordered furniture and bedding from a company in Bolton that has a depot in Spain. You order in the UK by going down to their showroom and they will deliver anywhere in Portugal. I'm going to QDP next week to meet the delivery van. So can't totally recommend them yet until I know it has all arrived. They will put up curtain rails, towel rails etc. They also put in lighting as well but I haven't counted all the light fittings so couldn't book the lighting! So far they have been really professional. The company is called Villapac tel no:0870 766 9695, www.villapac.co.uk - we live 40 mins south of Edinburgh and it took us 3 hours to get to Bolton. So it wouldn't be far for you. We thought about the Ikea route but I thought perhaps it wouldn't all arrive - you know what they are like with missing bits and also we are really hopeless at putting it together. Villapac seems quite good value. We have gone for their cheaper range which is the mexican style furniture. It seemed very good quality. Good luck. If Villapac is a success next week I'll let you know!
Hi Dave

Villapac were brilliant. They arrived on the right day at the right time and were very polite and helpful offering to do more than expected. They didn't deliver 3 blinds as these are still being made, but said that they would be delivered and fitted at our convenience. Two dining room chairs were found to be damaged when taken out of their boxes - so not their fault - and they will exchange them - I presume these will be delivered with the blinds. It took them 6 hours to drive up from Malaga and they went staight to work and after being with us for a day and a half they were going up to Lagos to fit out another house. They stay the night in Albufeira and they are opening a showroom in Villamoura. Definitely recommend them. They have everything that you will need!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

deejay7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tania,

Thanks for the info. I'm glad everything went ok for you.

I'm flying out tomorrow and hope to get as much sorted as I can on this trip.
I'll have a look at Vila pac in Vilamoura while I'm out there too.

Cheers,

Dave
Old May 4th 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the latest rumours on the swimming pool, restaurant and club at Pegada?

Other rumours bridges at Babanas and Tavira, any substance to these? OB
Old May 4th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Sue B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Odd Balls
What are the latest rumours on the swimming pool, restaurant and club at Pegada?

Other rumours bridges at Babanas and Tavira, any substance to these? OB
When we were there in March our developer said they were still waiting for the plans to be signed, she was quite cross as they have bought the land and want some return on it. Hopefully it will go ahead, I think it will as there is already an empty pool on the site. I am going on Sunday so will see what I can find out
I have heard the rumours about the bridges but know nothing about them.
Old May 6th 2007, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TaniaH
Hi Gina, I found the lighting shop you recommended and the lady there was really brilliant with excellent english, so I've ordered all the lighting from her. She was really keen for us to save money and suggested lighting that wouldn't eat up electricity. Thank you for your help!
Hi Tania
You are very welcome, please pass on any tips you find as well. This is the best part of this site. Gina 11
Old May 7th 2007, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Tavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really niceTavira-Dream is just really nice

how lucky you people are to be able to live in Tavira - it's my dream but alas we just can't afford it and by the time we will be able to the property market would of climbed through the roof - so, I think we have to look central/north

good luck to you all - Tavira is a great place
Old May 7th 2007, 2:05 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

[F][/FONT]
It's a bit of a dilemma isn't it? The longer you wait, the higher the prices go. you'll just have to etc
Old May 7th 2007, 2:08 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

And changing the fonts still didn't work:curse: It does in some threads but not others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.