Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Old May 29th 2007, 3:37 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

We're in Fonte Salgada and have been told there are shops quite close in the next urbanisation. Can anyone confirm this.
Old May 29th 2007, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Dishin'upDigital is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
We're in Fonte Salgada and have been told there are shops quite close in the next urbanisation. Can anyone confirm this.
Dunno who told you that- Miramar & Pezinhos are the closest urb's, & no shops in either- but it's not far to walk to Porta Nova in Tavira (just over the level crossing) where there's a fair selection, including a great little hardware shop (drogaria) where we quite often go for work materials. And a of course
Old May 29th 2007, 6:21 pm
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
Dunno who told you that- Miramar & Pezinhos are the closest urb's, & no shops in either- but it's not far to walk to Porta Nova in Tavira (just over the level crossing) where there's a fair selection, including a great little hardware shop (drogaria) where we quite often go for work materials. And a of course
It was actually on a property agent's website under the blurb for the development. Did'nt think it could be right as I think our developer would have made a point of mentioning it.

I think I know the level crossing you mean - we stumbled across it on our last visit. I'll have to look out for the hardware store where you can .
Old May 29th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
It was actually on a property agent's website under the blurb for the development. Did'nt think it could be right as I think our developer would have made a point of mentioning it.

I think I know the level crossing you mean - we stumbled across it on our last visit. I'll have to look out for the hardware store where you can .
You get the in the bar next to the hardware shop!!
Old May 30th 2007, 8:25 am
C'est la vie

Originally Posted by TrevorTronix
You get the in the bar next to the hardware shop!!
Great, I know where to go next time I need a bag of nails.
We've driven down that road on our way into town but never stopped to explore it. Maybe next time.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:14 am
Just Joined

RobandSue is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Tavira - Quinta de Pegada

Oh blimey, we've been and gone and done it!
We visited Quinta da Pegada last week and fell in love with the apartments.
Simply had to have one.
Have JUST started the buying process.
Outlooking a completion mid to late July.
Would love to hear from anyone who's got an apartment nearby.
Sue and Rob
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Frosty908 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobandSue
Simply had to have one.
Sue and Rob
Hi Rob and Sue - Yes we have an apartment in QdP...The apartments are lovely, we completed on ours in March and couldn't fault the finish etc. Ours is along the first road on the left as you go up the hill, overlooking the villas.
Also, we're from 'near Portsmouth' too!
Good luck for a speedy completion.
Terry
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Odd Balls is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobandSue
Simply had to have one.
Sue and Rob
Hi Sue and Rob, yep in QDP just as well the localsare keeping all us foreigners in one spot! Have fun OB
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CakeMonster
Hi everyone,

I picked up the keys to our apartment two weeks ago and according to my builder the plans for the club are available to view in the town hall. I haven't checked this out yet but it's clear that nothing is happening yet at the site. If this is the case, I presume it is still awaiting formal planning permission. Apparently all building works for the apartments must be finished by August 2008 so I wouldn't expect anything to begin on the club for a while yet.
I had an hour to spare yesterday, so I popped in to the Câmara to see these 'plans', & they're not there. Apparently the developers are still 'studying' the old pool to decide whether to save it or build a new one. I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard a decision, but it is Portugal.....
Old Jun 4th 2007, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Hi TT, Thanks for the update, most kind, I do hope the pool, bar, tennis courts etc are all constructed, it will give the QDP a 'local'. OB
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

rewcastle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gina11
Hello, This is my first time on the forum. We have also bought an apartment in pegada and intend to spend as much time there as we possibly can. We have also been told that the old pool area will be a communal pool and country club and a shop. I have also seen advertised that there will be tennis courts and a gymnasium but whether it will happen or not I don't know.
We are just furnishing our home and would love to hear from anyone else who has bought on this development
We have bought in Pegada and have been told it should be ready in nov dec this year.

We live in Luz De Tavira at the moment and may move to Pegada.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rewcastle
We have bought in Pegada and have been told it should be ready in nov dec this year.

We live in Luz De Tavira at the moment and may move to Pegada.
FAT CHANCE!!! Have you seen it recently?? Paul says 'Hi'. Cheers, T.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Vyger wanted Trevors details, so that he can see it at the top of the list(ish) a post! OB
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

chriswoods is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going to be having a house built in Pegada and was told when we were over earlier this year that the construction of the new building near the old swimming pool was the new clubhouse. So I am wondering if this is why there are no plans at Camara???

Three weeks before we are back in Tavira - can't wait.

Christina
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chriswoods
We are going to be having a house built in Pegada and was told when we were over earlier this year that the construction of the new building near the old swimming pool was the new clubhouse. So I am wondering if this is why there are no plans at Camara???

Three weeks before we are back in Tavira - can't wait.

Christina
There is indeed evidence of building going on there, but there's also a new house being started right on that first corner- I assumed that was the reason for the activity. I'm up there all the time, if I get a minute I'll stop & ask the builders what they're doing. I won't be carrying a clip-board, so they'll hopefully be fairly forthcoming! Still strange though, that the planning dept. at the câmara knew nothing.... But is is Portugal!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.