Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by nzyorkshireman
The name comes from the last goverment cenus...when it came to the ethinic question I chose to identify with my yorkshire blood (MumnDad are poms) ALL my aunts and uncles and cuzins (except 3 are poms)...so how can I hate poms? What I dislike is the ones that come over here with out doing the homework on the place...get here and start moaning! simply put...stop moaning and get to know the place...if home is so good why do poms come here....I work with South Africans and other race groups who just love the place....In NZ the chances of someone riding a bus/train with a back pack on and taking out a few innocent members of the public has not happened yet....I have no doubts that it will happen one day....due to the soft cock goverment little the wrong people in.....if home is so good go home and take a bus/train ride.
I ask the poms I work with why they came here...reply is NZ is a safer place (at the moment)...and a few other comments ...which I wont repeat due to the racist nature of them.....
Yeah I know they are they world champs and I know they did whta the AB's did after becoming the world champs...choked!!
Merry Xmas people

Tom
New Zealand Born...proud of it!!!
British sired and carried, proud of it!!!
what is the equivalent of the daily mail in nz? do you subscribe?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 8:38 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Onion Dip - made from tinned condensed milk and onion soup mix

For a country so famed for it's BBQ lifestyle, how is it that a BBQ can consist entirely of flame grilled pre-cooked sausages, wrapped in a slice of white bread?
Whoever makes onion dip with condensed milk or sour cream should be shot! It's meant to be made with a small tin of 'reduced cream' (nestle).

If all you get is sausages wrapped in bread and some onions n sauce, then you are attendign a sausage sizzle, not a BBQ. These are often held by commercial enterprises or those who are having a bad pay week or who have guests who turn up unanounced or without their own bloody meat!.

A BBQ ( or any social occaision it is expected people chip in with a salad, dip etc as we don't believe in bludging but rather 'helping out'). You should also bring your own alcohol and meat/fish/chicken etc. If you don't then don't be surprised if you only get offered sausages and bread (at least we will feed you).

It is alway a smart idea to check with the hostess first regarding what you might need to bring, as on certain occaisions meat and alcohol might be supplied, but this shouldn't be assumed to be the case, and it's always polite to offer to bring something along.

It's all about 'ettiquitte' mate. You're in a different country now, so you just have to get used to how things are done there. Same as I would have to if I went to UK or france or wherever.

As for going for lunch, again don't assume. if in doubt ask whether ur each paying your own way. If someone asks you out for a coffee tho, then fair enough, they should pay for it, and if a second round is had, you should then split the bill.

If you want decent sausages , find a good local butcher. Don't buy that pre-cooked crap.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 8:57 am
Just Joined

nzyorkshireman will become famous soon enoughnzyorkshireman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
what is the equivalent of the daily mail in nz? do you subscribe?

Why would you subscribe to get your mail ...the person sending pays the postage fee and the red devil (postperson) drops it in your mail box...you only pay if your sending mail or your mail is short postage paid! Subscibe to get your mail...must be a brit thing ??
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 8:58 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Why would you subscribe to get your mail ...the person sending pays the postage fee and the red devil (postperson) drops it in your mail box...you only pay if your sending mail or your mail is short postage paid! Subscibe to get your mail...must be a brit thing ??
err the Daily Mail is a newspaper here mate.

Not the postal service!

Buzzy
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 9:10 am
Just Joined

nzyorkshireman will become famous soon enoughnzyorkshireman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
err the Daily Mail is a newspaper here mate.

Not the postal service!

Buzzy
Ok now you have explained it better mate I can answer your question mate..we have a local rag called the Domion Post mate ....and a rag it is mate...
yes you can subscribe to it mate...but dont waste your money mate by yourself with your money mate
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 9:40 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Ok now you have explained it better mate I can answer your question mate..we have a local rag called the Domion Post mate ....and a rag it is mate...
yes you can subscribe to it mate...but dont waste your money mate by yourself with your money mate
The real rag of nz tabloids was always "The Truth". Is that still going?

Dom post used to be a quite good newspaper as did the christchurch press. Cant say i know much about any of them now tho
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

its a news paper - it is full of right wing reactionary drivel spouted for the benefit of angry little men with a deep sense of injsutice in their life.... you sound like you might enjoy it....
Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:21 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

its a news paper - it is full of right wing reactionary drivel spouted for the benefit of angry little men with a deep sense of injsutice in their life.... you sound like you might enjoy it....
Lol
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Right wing...thats a bit rough....I'm a card carrying member of the union!! we are LEFT wing....So if you are attempting to insult me at least get my political leaning correct
For the recoard i am not little...I stand a tard over 6'1" in my socks.
Xmas eve here so time for
merry xmas
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:25 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Right wing...thats a bit rough....I'm a card carrying member of the union!! we are LEFT wing....So if you are attempting to insult me at least get my political leaning correct
merry xmas

Bet you get lovely new socks from Santa!!
Keep us posted
Hey, he gets here early doesn't he - compared with the UK? Excellent
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

merry xmas
height and party political persuasion aside i still think you would enjoy it - and i know printed media is so expensive in godzone that it is often given as a christmas present - would you like me to send you a copy for xmas? maybe a little late for this year? we could call it a new years present?

i promise to wear gloves as I pack it so you wont catch any nasty pommie diseases....
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

height and party political persuasion aside i still think you would enjoy it - and i know printed media is so expensive in godzone that it is often given as a christmas present - would you like me to send you a copy for xmas? maybe a little late for this year? we could call it a new years present?

i promise to wear gloves as I pack it so you wont catch any nasty pommie diseases....

Disease? most poms I now are in fact very clean and in good health....if you have any diseases....please keep them to yourself ... I'll save some of my hard earn coin to buy the Herald....I think they sell it here in NZ....May take me a while but i will get one...
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karonious
Bet you get lovely new socks from Santa!!
Keep us posted
Hey, he gets here early doesn't he - compared with the UK? Excellent
No socks......I am gutted!!! not
Got some nice bush/hunting type stuff...New year is coming up...time to go bush and kill something!! for the new year days hangi !!!
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:11 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

But much better tan the express, sun, mirror, sport etc and easier to hold onto than the big ones
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:53 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

No socks......I am gutted!!! not
Got some nice bush/hunting type stuff...New year is coming up...time to go bush and kill something!! for the new year days hangi !!!
Ahaa! a fellow Yorkshireman who's into the noble art of deerslaying. where do you go, and do you post on fishnhunt.co.nz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.