Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 filing in the US September/October 2010 Thread

Originally Posted by DreamerLis
Thats what I just got.
Im about to cry, I'm pretty sure they are going to throw out our AOS anyway. There is a small clause about using assets to make up income I didnt notice until I just looked at it again.
I think we are going to need a sponsor which means another month delay in processing I guess.
=(
Maybe you should start a thread with your I-864 concerns?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

hockeysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brucky
INTERVIEW DATE!!

May 12th 09:30.

Posters on another forum, who have similar NVC completed dates, phoned up the NVC about half an hour ago and were given their interview dates.

Rude not to do the same!!
Nice one!

I just got back from Chicago today, very depressing to be back but had a great time! No problems with immigration so that was good!
We sent off our NVC package while i was out there, now to cross my fingers!
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

I just rang the NVC and found out our case is complete! Very happy!
Better get on and book my medical!
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:04 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Awesome!

Fingers crossed you may find out your interview date by the end of this week or next!

The only thing I can suggest when you ring up the Doctors is to say that your interview is likely to be in June so you'd like an early appointment.

All I've been up to lately is getting copies of my Wife's tax forms for April this year. Just in case they ask for them. Also I've added more photo's of us together. No harm in adding extra information for the embassy. I'd rather be too prepared.

Flight times and costs have also been looked at, and I've popped into the bank to ask about closing it, or keeping it open. Ending my mobile phone contract too.

After we get our approvals (fingers crossed!) we're going to be very busy sorting out our lives here before the big move!
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Awesome!

Fingers crossed you may find out your interview date by the end of this week or next!

The only thing I can suggest when you ring up the Doctors is to say that your interview is likely to be in June so you'd like an early appointment.

All I've been up to lately is getting copies of my Wife's tax forms for April this year. Just in case they ask for them. Also I've added more photo's of us together. No harm in adding extra information for the embassy. I'd rather be too prepared.

Flight times and costs have also been looked at, and I've popped into the bank to ask about closing it, or keeping it open. Ending my mobile phone contract too.

After we get our approvals (fingers crossed!) we're going to be very busy sorting out our lives here before the big move!
Medical booked for 16th May! That was nice and simple.

What do we need to take with us for interview? I thought it was just passport and passport photos?

Im getting very excited that this process is nearing the end! Got my date i want to leave the UK as 1st Sept, need to get a bit more money together, a holiday with my mum and friends to visit before i leave! Cant wait though!
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Brucky: When you rang up the NVC to get your interview date did you just use the automated service or speak to someone? how long did you wait after your case was completed?
Old May 4th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

So am I right in seeing that both Hockeysarah and Brucky were in the NVC stage a month before they were completed??

Did I read that right?
Old May 4th 2011, 5:10 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Sorry for the late replys.

Sarah; After completion, you should receive an emailed .pdf which is the letter you take to the Embassy Interview. On the back is a checklist of things they need to see on the day. All mine said was my Passport and the American sized photographs.

We completed on the 30th March, and received the .pdf on April 14th.

I've since read a lot of reviews about interview experiences, and I believe none of them have asked for more evidence than the NVC has already received.

I'm just being over cautious. I now believe it is the K1 Visa interviews that require evidence on the day, things like photo's of both of you together, and other proofs (grammer?) of an ongoing relationship. But, I'm just being too prepared.

One thing I am certainly including is my Wifes tax info from April this year.
Though the NVC have obviously completed our case, it was right before she did her taxes for this year, so my Wife wants me to bring a little bit more of her financial documents. No harm.

I found out about my interview by speaking to someone at the NVC. I've found that the automated system is often two or three days behind.

It took 13 days from Completion to finding out my interview date. So the idea that the NVC arrange the interviews during the second week of the month is true.

My Timeline:

I-130 received by USCIS Aug 26 2010
I-129F received by USCIS Sep 20 2010
Approved by USCIS Jan 21 2011
NVC received Mar 04 2011
Medical Mar 15 2011
NVC COMPLETED Mar 30 2011
Packet 4 received Apr 14 2011
EMBASSY INTERVIEW May 12 2011

Wolfy;

Yea, the whole time at the NVC was about a month

Looking back, I reckon we could have shortened it down to about three weeks though.

Half of me believes the interview is a formality, and the other half is nervous.

My Police record is clean, and I have no weird surnames, nor have I ever had my Passport stolen, and I have never been to any middle-eastern or African countries (no offence!, to anyone from there).

Last edited by Brucky; May 4th 2011 at 5:15 am.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Great thanks for the info Brucky! My case was completed on April 28th so im assuming ill be getting the pdf on the 12th May. Ill ring for my interview date around then also.

Wolfy: We waited a while to send in the two packages. We needed to wait to get paid from work before we could pay the fees and get the cover sheets. I think we waited 3 weeks until we posted them, we sent in both packages together. From the NVC to receiving it to our completion was 2 weeks! pretty fast i think!
Old May 4th 2011, 5:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Because, for the K visas, the NVC does not collect the required visa application materials in advance as it does for immigrant visas.

Regards, JEff

I now believe it is the K1 Visa interviews that require evidence on the day,
Old May 4th 2011, 5:29 am
CR1 VISA

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Because, for the K visas, the NVC does not collect the required visa application materials in advance as it does for immigrant visas.

Regards, JEff
Cheers
Old May 4th 2011, 6:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Did I read that right?
Seems to be correct... but that doesn't mean anything more than those two specific cases fell into that situation. You have no idea how many thousands of other cases might or might not have done the same... and you'll never know into which category you fall.

Ian
Old May 4th 2011, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the late replys.

Sarah; After completion, you should receive an emailed .pdf which is the letter you take to the Embassy Interview. On the back is a checklist of things they need to see on the day. All mine said was my Passport and the American sized photographs.

We completed on the 30th March, and received the .pdf on April 14th.

I've since read a lot of reviews about interview experiences, and I believe none of them have asked for more evidence than the NVC has already received.

I'm just being over cautious. I now believe it is the K1 Visa interviews that require evidence on the day, things like photo's of both of you together, and other proofs (grammer?) of an ongoing relationship. But, I'm just being too prepared.

One thing I am certainly including is my Wifes tax info from April this year.
Though the NVC have obviously completed our case, it was right before she did her taxes for this year, so my Wife wants me to bring a little bit more of her financial documents. No harm.

I found out about my interview by speaking to someone at the NVC. I've found that the automated system is often two or three days behind.

It took 13 days from Completion to finding out my interview date. So the idea that the NVC arrange the interviews during the second week of the month is true.

My Timeline:

I-130 received by USCIS Aug 26 2010
I-129F received by USCIS Sep 20 2010
Approved by USCIS Jan 21 2011
NVC received Mar 04 2011
Medical Mar 15 2011
NVC COMPLETED Mar 30 2011
Packet 4 received Apr 14 2011
EMBASSY INTERVIEW May 12 2011

Wolfy;

Yea, the whole time at the NVC was about a month

Looking back, I reckon we could have shortened it down to about three weeks though.

Half of me believes the interview is a formality, and the other half is nervous.

My Police record is clean, and I have no weird surnames, nor have I ever had my Passport stolen, and I have never been to any middle-eastern or African countries (no offence!, to anyone from there).
Ah right...I was thinking initially that you were on initial reveiew for 6 months, but you were there for 5 months but your file between USCIS and NVC was nowhere in February?
Old May 4th 2011, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Seems to be correct... but that doesn't mean anything more than those two specific cases fell into that situation. You have no idea how many thousands of other cases might or might not have done the same... and you'll never know into which category you fall.

Ian
I totally undestnd, was just trying to understand the time line, the NVC stage seemed very fast on Bruckys, but cant account for Feb now, so all is god...I think...
Old May 4th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wolfy
I totally undestnd, was just trying to understand the time line, the NVC stage seemed very fast on Bruckys, but cant account for Feb now, so all is god...I think...
It take a while for the NVC to receive the case from the USCIS. Took about a 3 weeks for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.