Teatime Choices

Old May 8th 2015, 11:02 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

Pork tenderloin mashed potatoes and red onion gravy. mmmmm's
Old May 10th 2015, 11:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Roast Lamb, roast spuds, green beans and carrots, braised onion and gravy.
Nice glass of Pinot Noir.

The lamb was by no means expensive. $12 for a chunk, plenty for four. Boneless leg and not even on sale.
Old May 10th 2015, 11:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Roast Lamb, roast spuds, green beans and carrots, braised onion and gravy.
Nice glass of Pinot Noir.

The lamb was by no means expensive. $12 for a chunk, plenty for four. Boneless leg and not even on sale.
Wow ! *drools in an unbecoming way*

I'm coming to your gaff. I couldn't buy a bit of scrag end for that here. Lamb is mega $$ per kilo.
Old May 11th 2015, 1:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
... I couldn't buy a bit of scrag end for that here. Lamb is mega $$ per kilo.
It was a surprise for me too. Sometimes I see it in the flyer and it sounds not too bad but when I pick it up in the store there's no way I'm paying it and it's been years since I found one half price approaching the BB date.

My stepdaughter picked one up expecting to read about $30 on the label. She showed me, we looked and then she said she'd buy me "this one" for $12 as it looked enough for three. She doesn't like it. There was more than I thought.

I regret not buying more as I've just been thinking about the weight and it must have been priced as if it had the bone in.

Ah well, at least I had one.
Old May 11th 2015, 3:51 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

As HID is away and I couldn't bothered to order in, and as I only wanted a light tea, I turned to one of my foundational culinary projects, Scooby Doos' on toast.

Edited to note: Add a squirt of Sriracha sauce to any of Heinz character based tinned pastas and it really picks them up.

Last edited by Oink; May 11th 2015 at 4:02 am.
Old May 25th 2015, 8:14 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

A small bag of Doritos and half a dozen raw chicken wings
Old May 31st 2015, 9:48 pm
Oscar nominated

Herbed Turkey thighs, roast spud, beans, carrots and my gravy. Glass of Chardonnay.

Kraft stove top stuffing....comes way behind PC, Ben's and Compliments versions.
Old May 31st 2015, 10:14 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Sausages chips gravy peas, a few drinks. Nothing to see here, move along. I've adopted some of the gravy technique from Oink's Oyama Sausage bangers and mash recipe link and my gravy has improved. It was already pretty good so I'm quite pleased.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 11:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Oh we had some bread and whipped butter and hot pickled peppers and gouda and brie and garlicy bruschetta and cucumber and tomatoes and bbq'd duck.
We're camping.
The Englander I'm camping with is a Cordon Bleu chef and owns a big catering company and when I make something and he likes it I'm really pleased. And it is good, it"s a fact.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20150611_173538.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Jun 12th 2015 at 12:08 am. Reason: we had sausage from Jerky Boys in Lumsden too but not much.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 2:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Toad in the Hole and I have to hope that it doesn't morph into sausage biscuit.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 3:59 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Oh we had some bread and whipped butter and hot pickled peppers and gouda and brie and garlicy bruschetta and cucumber and tomatoes and bbq'd duck.
We're camping.
The Englander I'm camping with is a Cordon Bleu chef and owns a big catering company and when I make something and he likes it I'm really pleased. And it is good, it"s a fact.
Bbq goose?
Old Jun 19th 2015, 1:52 am
Stand-up Philosopher

First day back in the Wine Capital of Canada and after unloading the van and a little shopping can't be bothered to cook (+ it's too hot) so got jalapeno & sausage and yummy veg slices from Pizza 97.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20150618_182334.jpg  
Old Jun 28th 2015, 10:13 pm
Oscar nominated

Braised Lamb Shanks.

Yummy.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:22 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Duck confit tacos.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:55 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by caretaker
Duck confit tacos.
Lottery win this month?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.