Teatime Choices

Old Sep 13th 2015, 2:53 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teatime Choices

How many 'bumps' do we give you?
Old Oct 4th 2015, 12:23 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Duck soup, cheese and quackers.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20151003_182205.jpg  
Old Oct 4th 2015, 1:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Duck soup
Where's Harpo?
cheese and quackers
Don't you mean Tich?
Old Oct 7th 2015, 9:58 pm
Oscar nominated

Beef Tenderloin Steaks. A taste of heaven.

Back in April my step daughter treated me to a leg of lamb while we were out shopping. She wasn't sure she'd like it - her mum hated it "tastes like cadaver" - so I happened to notice some packs of beef tenderloin - like 2 medallions. I'd cook her that when we had the lamb.

Ridiculously each pack was the same price as the smaller lamb legs. But they were half price as the best by date was coming up.

I tasted hers and it was lovely.

We had the other two packs between the four of us today, with Montreal Steak spice this time which I've used many times before. It can make cheap steak taste good.

Each of us had what was 'deck of cards' size. Full price was $30.60 But half was a relative bargain.

If it was never available for less than $30 I don't think I'd need to look too hard for an excuse to pay it.
Old Oct 9th 2015, 1:18 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Pork tenderloin and potatoes and carrots roasted in duck fat
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20151008_190135.jpg  
Old Oct 9th 2015, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Pork tenderloin and potatoes and carrots roasted in duck fat
Don't mention the duck fat....
Old Oct 9th 2015, 2:08 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Don't mention the duck fat....
Old Oct 9th 2015, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Great recipe .........Thought you might like it
Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that.
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who are not sure how to tell when Poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.
1 chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
Salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing mixed with popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.
Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's arse blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room and lands on the table, it's done and ready to eat.

And you thought I couldn't cook .........
Old Oct 10th 2015, 1:22 am
Oscar nominated

One of my favourite 'cheats' - using VH Thai red curry sauce.

Onions, red pepper, snow peas, mushrooms, diced chicken cooked in pan, sauce added for last couple of minutes and then already cooked shrimps added.

With Basmati rice.

Washed down with a Rosé (White Zinfandel). It's a little sweet but the wine and Thai Red are made for each other.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:56 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to cook a pork roast but that isn't for supper. I'll take a couple of nice slices off first and use them for spicey pork burritos. I made a few tortillas and I'll dice the pork up and fry it with onions and chili then whip up some salsa fresca (pico de guayo) and refry some black beans. Until I start getting hungry I'll be practicing my Cuba Libre.
A simple marinade, salt, pepper, rinse out the big Frank's bottle, oregano, citrus. Sounds like a dance, doesn't it? "Excuse me Madam, may I have the pleasure of this marinade?"
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20151018_140436.jpg   Teatime Choices-20151018_144838.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 18th 2015 at 8:57 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 10:05 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I think making Mexican food look like the flag of Mexico should be worth extra points!
Get the appys in at the same time. That's for just a little bit hungry.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20151018_155731.jpg   Teatime Choices-20151018_162322.jpg  

Last edited by caretaker; Oct 18th 2015 at 10:25 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2015, 2:31 am
Oscar nominated

Mother in law was attracted by some Prime Rib Steak at Sobeys the other day. For some reason on offer at $5.99 lb.

Really big they were. So big there was no need for anything with them.

I kept saying we should halve them but she insisted they should be eaten whole. She was paying, who was I to argue.

Thinking about it after manfully struggling through, the four of us must have had 12 oz each.

That's a year or two off our lives.
Old Nov 1st 2015, 11:46 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Smoked turkey and tomato sandwich with mayo and chips.
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 5:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm going to make a little curry; the chicken is marinating in yogurt and this.
Attached Thumbnails Teatime Choices-20151102_115116.jpg  
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 6:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to make a little curry; the chicken is marinating in yogurt and this.
Very nice indeed.

I might have chopped the cilantro/coriander up a little finer. Also, if you do a first marinade of lemon/lime juice and ginger and garlic paste for about 30 mins, it really opens up the pores of the meat allowing the second marinade to penetrate more easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.