Some updates.

Old Aug 10th 2018, 2:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some updates.

DBT group is going well, it's interesting and so far I like it, 3 weeks into the first module which runs until mid September. 4 modules in total.

I should be getting an individual counselor this week or next week who I will see 2 times a month for the 26 week duration.

At the advice of doctors I did leave my job, but I am not going into details about that, its unrelated to mental health.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 3:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
DBT group is going well, it's interesting and so far I like it, 3 weeks into the first module which runs until mid September. 4 modules in total.

I should be getting an individual counselor this week or next week who I will see 2 times a month for the 26 week duration.

At the advice of doctors I did leave my job, but I am not going into details about that, its unrelated to mental health.

Glad to hear that the DBT group is going well and that you are enjoying it / finding it helpful - great news that you are getting your 1 on 1 sessions!

As to work, you have to do what is best for you - and if your doctor told you to take a break then that is what you needed to do.

Onwards and upwards!!!

Old Aug 10th 2018, 3:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old Aug 10th 2018, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It got to a point that I was having trouble walking and standing due to pain in the foot and knee. Its getting better but the doctors told me if I kept doing physical work on my feet and on kneeling often that it would just keep getting worse.

I knew the day would come when I simply could not do that line of work any longer.

Now just have to figure out what kind of job there that requires limited standing.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Glad to hear that the DBT group is going well and that you are enjoying it / finding it helpful - great news that you are getting your 1 on 1 sessions!

As to work, you have to do what is best for you - and if your doctor told you to take a break then that is what you needed to do.

Onwards and upwards!!!

Old Aug 10th 2018, 10:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Now just have to figure out what kind of job there that requires limited standing.
Gigolo.

Old Aug 10th 2018, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Gigolo.

Ha ha
Old Aug 11th 2018, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Gigolo.

Maybe 20 years ago...lol
Old Aug 15th 2018, 3:47 am
Account Closed

It's really hard trying to figure out what kind of program to try and take to get some skills. I haven't a clue what I would be good at and what would lead to a decent job, so many require math which is a big problem since I am unable to pass a math class, have tried many times and yet to master math, stupid math is what really holds me back in school.

I am taking a different approach this time, I know I won't last in customer service jobs so not even going to try this time around, customer service jobs always leads to bad things. That eliminates most jobs I could do in Vancouver and in general, I can no longer stand for long periods of time, or do physical labor so that removes even more jobs to a point, I am not even sure what I can do anymore job wise.

My working days might just be over.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 15th 2018 at 3:50 am.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:33 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

It's really hard trying to figure out what kind of program to try and take to get some skills. I haven't a clue what I would be good at and what would lead to a decent job, so many require math which is a big problem since I am unable to pass a math class, have tried many times and yet to master math, stupid math is what really holds me back in school.

I am taking a different approach this time, I know I won't last in customer service jobs so not even going to try this time around, customer service jobs always leads to bad things. That eliminates most jobs I could do in Vancouver and in general, I can no longer stand for long periods of time, or do physical labor so that removes even more jobs to a point, I am not even sure what I can do anymore job wise.

My working days might just be over.
That's rather melodramatic, Jsmth321. How did you get on with your aquarium maintenance research?

You can drive, how about a delivery job?

You say you can't stand for long periods of time or do physical labour. Is that due to a disability or to fitness issues? If it's the latter, then it's within your power to solve. I know you've said your knees have suffered from previous abuse in your baggage handling work, but strengthening the leg muscles will help with joint pain. Inactivity is very self-destructive so you must resist the temptation to say "I can't do that".

Don't let things get you down... you've got your DBT course that you wanted and you've got better health than many... keep your chin up.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:06 am
Account Closed

I put some flyers up at a couple pet stores, will see if anything comes from it. There are several well established full service companies already in existence, so may not be any room for a new one who can't offer full service. Time will tell.

Fitness wise I am fine, not overweight and in the range of what the so called ideal range is for my height, no cholesterol issues, no blood sugar, blood work always within normal range.

The problem is my right knee and foot, the only solution that has worked is not standing or walking for prolonged periods, it got to a point where I was not walking well at work and some days could not properly do my job because the pain was so intense, since not working and not standing/walking for prolonged periods, the pain is getting better, but if I spend a day walking and/or standing too much the pain comes rushing back, so I am following the doctors advice and not standing/walking for prolonged periods.

I walk the dog daily, and move about the house, and walk to the grocery store and other short walks around the neighborhood, not just sitting all day doing nothing.

If I didn't have this foot problem, I would have just stayed at the airport which for the most part was okay, wasn't going to lead to anything, but wasn't bad, just not the best place morale wise, so sometimes it was hard to stay upbeat when everyone was down because of low morale due to management.

Suppose I am at a point where I don't even know what kind of job I would be able to do well in.

Stress brings me into deep depressions and right now is high stress so it's been a struggle to just function and I have been in a pretty deep depression the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 15th 2018 at 9:16 am.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 11:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What about using your love of fish and keeping them to perhaps find a job in a pet shop (if they sell fish) or wherever they are sold? The money probably wouldn't be great and it might well be casual/part time - I don't know the job market in Canada but at least it would be doing something you love and enjoy.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 1:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.workbc.ca/Jobs-Careers/F...x?jobid=494978
Perhaps something like this would work?
We are seeking a reliable and hardworking individual with a minimum of hobby level aquarium experience.
Job entails driving to aquarium locations throughout Vancouver and the lower mainland for maintenance and repair/troubleshooting.
Monday to Friday, day-time.
Everything you need is supplied including additional training.
This is a permanent position with growth potential.

Or maybe job for now at Petsmart? Fancy being a trainee dog groomer and getting paid?
more.. https://careers.petsmart.com/locatio...9050-6173331/4

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 15th 2018 at 1:42 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Petsmart doesn't like me...lol...Applied there so many times over the years....

The fish maintenance one, I'll give them a try, never applied there before, so worth a shot.

If I had a degree, ideal job would be at a public aquarium in animal care.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Aug 15th 2018 at 4:14 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought ...............

your foot / leg problem is not caused by something as simple as needing an orthotic in your shoes, is it??

I've been through a similar thing, and it is surprising the difference an orthotic does make.

Can you get a referral to a physiotherapist for an assessment?????
Old Aug 15th 2018, 7:03 pm
Banned

Petsmart doesn't like me...lol...Applied there so many times over the years....

The fish maintenance one, I'll give them a try, never applied there before, so worth a shot.

If I had a degree, ideal job would be at a public aquarium in animal care.

I'll keep everything for you!
Concentrate on the things you can do and the skills you do have (of which there are many!) rather than hankering for jobs that require things you don't have and are unlikely to get soon! Petsmart have an 'open call day' tomorrow, for job openings.. so no need to call in advance and tell them your name, you can just go along and see what they say!

Hang in there JS

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 15th 2018 at 7:05 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.