Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Old Jan 14th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Originally Posted by lindaf
The delivery time sounds good - 2 days to get here and I'll bet it did make your birthday

I looked at BCS last week but seeing as all I wanted was chocolate it would have been an expensive order so it didn't happen.

It did lindaf! I did notice that they have bulk buys on chocolate so I think I'm going to stick some things in on the next buy! I'm waiting for creme eggs to come out but seeing as me and the kids love them!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

coco chanel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Comfort Zone. Favourite food, drinks, where to buy, and recipes.

Hi Salerno,

I've ordered a few times from BCS and love it when my parcel arrives. I have bought bacon from them but have never seen sausages or cheese on sale. Do you have to send them a separate e-mail? If so, why ??
Old Jan 14th 2010, 3:29 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salerno
Naples does have a shop which stock English food and I think it does quiet well. I used to be a regular when we lived there but its a bit far to go now for a jar of Pataks and a mint aereo
Oh I don't know! I think lindaf would think it was worth the journey!! Do you ever go around the bay to Naples on the ferry?? Looked like it might be an interesting trip!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

lindaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I like chocolate and we were in Naples for two weeks this summer!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coco chanel
Hi Salerno,

I've ordered a few times from BCS and love it when my parcel arrives. I have bought bacon from them but have never seen sausages or cheese on sale. Do you have to send them a separate e-mail? If so, why ??
ITs because its not officially for sale but when I called them the other day they said they would have no trouble going out and buying it for me to put in my order, "at my own risk". They also told me that they were trying out new thermal packs so that cheese and sausages could be on their shoppping list all the time. Here's hoping!

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Oh I don't know! I think lindaf would think it was worth the journey!! Do you ever go around the bay to Naples on the ferry?? Looked like it might be an interesting trip!
It is nice, I used to go from Naples to Monte Di Procida often during the summer on friends boats and with the Metro del Mare we'd go to Sorrento. Naples is a beautiful city, its just the local government that has it destroyed.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

when my package arrived the other day there was a multipack of 26 walkers crisps....went out to do the shopping this afternoon andcame home to open the cupboard to find 10 inside Ask OH what happened and he says the kids ate them

So I asked the kids and the looked at me sheepishly and says "we had a packet each and then daddy said they were his and he hid some in his office"

sneaky ****! took all the good flavours and left ready salted and cream cheese and chives (that me nor the kids like) so I have decided that the next time he's in one of his moods and giving out about our food I'll remind him of the crisps he loves so much he hid like a child afraid someone else would eat them before him and I have photographic evidence
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:26 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you grabbed them out of his office! We've taken to hiding anything we want to last when Stephen is home! Why do blokes think it's okay to just munch whatever is there? I guess their mums let them!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

I hope you grabbed them out of his office! We've taken to hiding anything we want to last when Stephen is home! Why do blokes think it's okay to just munch whatever is there? I guess their mums let them!
I wouldn't mind if it was a child but its my husband suppose that is another child in a way

I've now taken them out of his office and locked them in a lockable cabinet I have and have hid the key
Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:28 pm
The Original Red Head!

Well Stephen is my husband too, but he acts like a kid where food is concerned! Good for you! Hope he learns his lesson! Lol!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

must admit my hubby is the same! He still has a packet of bourbons here that we brought back in the summer. I swear he is waiting for us to all be out so he can eat the lot himself. I was annoyed in the week when I went to have a nice slice of my beloved panforte, only to discover that there was one tiny slice left in the packet! He did own up eventually, but I only bought one as he got all sniffy and said that he wasn't keen on it before xmas!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:37 am
The Original Red Head!

Lol! That sounds so familiar! Where's the cheese, Nutella, ham, sweets etc. He always says he only had "a bit" as well! My shopping bill dobles when he's here because he insists on protein with every meal like he is a body builder or something! Drives me nuts!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Lol! That sounds so familiar! Where's the cheese, Nutella, ham, sweets etc. He always says he only had "a bit" as well! My shopping bill dobles when he's here because he insists on protein with every meal like he is a body builder or something! Drives me nuts!!
Don't even go there!! He came home from work on friday at lunch time. He said 'what's for lunch?' I said 'Pasta and pesto.' 'Oh' he says. 'Not very filling is it. You should do a secondo if you do pasta and pesto'!!!!!! I just gave him one of my looks. Most days it's either pasta and pesto for me or leftovers or pasta all'aglio e olio when I'm on my own!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Well Stephen is my husband too, but he acts like a kid where food is concerned! Good for you! Hope he learns his lesson! Lol!

he still hasn't mentioned the crisps he so obviously missed when he went to "check his emails" last night and I'm saying nothing until he asks
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by indiebird
Don't even go there!! He came home from work on friday at lunch time. He said 'what's for lunch?' I said 'Pasta and pesto.' 'Oh' he says. 'Not very filling is it. You should do a secondo if you do pasta and pesto'!!!!!! I just gave him one of my looks. Most days it's either pasta and pesto for me or leftovers or pasta all'aglio e olio when I'm on my own!!
here I'm lucky. He only eats pasta 4 times a week and normally eats what I put in front of him without problems although he did tell me I should have made a bigger chicken and ham pie the other day as he wanted a bigger slice and there was none left
Old Jan 17th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Must admit that I only really cook a main meal for myself during the week as Jamie eats lunch at work and the kids eat lunch at school. I was making dinner in the evenings at first, but the kids wouldn't eat much and Jamie was putting on weight so we just have 'tea' now. Most of my Italian friends think I'm mad and cruel, but we're happy just eating a little meal in the evenings, and, I have lost and continue to lose weight on this regime without dieting so it can't be bad can it??!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.