February 2008 Applicants

Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Welcome to the club!!! Heres hoping the wait isn't too long wither.

I have my meds today so fingers crossed nothing will turn up and delay the process any further!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:03 am
Just Joined

bobbyrae is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the meds Mairead!
I'm starting to regret drinking so much beer at uni!!!!
Haven't booked mine yet - next thing to do.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:00 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead
Welcome to the club!!! Heres hoping the wait isn't too long wither.

I have my meds today so fingers crossed nothing will turn up and delay the process any further!
Good luck! My meds booked in 2 weeks for family of 4. Let me know how it goes - I'm wondering whether to buy new underwear or not!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bobbyrae
Good luck with the meds Mairead!
I'm starting to regret drinking so much beer at uni!!!!
Haven't booked mine yet - next thing to do.
I'm starting to regret drinking so much wine last night!!!!!

Will let ye know how we get on. Dams has his on Friday so I'll let you know if you need new undies!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:45 pm
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice

I'm starting to regret drinking so much wine last night!!!!!

Will let ye know how we get on. Dams has his on Friday so I'll let you know if you need new undies!!!
The wine probably helps.... they say a glass of red wine's good for the heart! I guess it's a good excuse to buy a new bra anyway.... I presume we have to strip down..... I'm dreading it. Think I'll have a glass of wine before I go in!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi All,

Well myself and Mia had our meds today. Only took about 25 mins for both of us. Doc just took my blood and BP and listened to our hearts and lungs. All in all it was a very easy process. Damien and I have our xrays tomorrow and Damien will do his meds on Friday and hopefully by Friday week the meds will be winging their way to the LCU in Sydney.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:07 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Nope ours isn't sold yet and I a sick to death of getting ridiculous offers!!! We had a viewing last Saturday but the viewer said it was out of his budget. WHY VIEW!!!!!

We have had the same thing. It drives me nuts
We have another on this Saturday with a different viewer so fingers crossed. Things have appeared to have picked up here a small bit so I'm hoping that we will have a result soon enough. Mind you I was saying the same thing 9 months ago!!!!

Good luck with it We haven't got another one booked in now. fingers crossed one will turn up at the weekend.
That will be a nice break for you in August. Especially before the stress of immigration begins. We are going to try and get away just the two of us before we leave as the chances of getting a babysitter in Melbourne are slim and non!!!
We'll be in the same boat. It might be woth setting up an expats babysitting swap club
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
We'll be in the same boat. It might be woth setting up an expats babysitting swap club
I would love it!! I even had a look at the babysitter/nanny site. You pay through the nose though at 20 bucks an hour but they all come with great qualifications etc. I suggested it to daddy dearest and it was shot down straight away. Honestly one would have an easier time getting into the CIA than babysitting Mia. Put it this way when Mia was 6 months old his mom came to babysit. We had a bottle of wine in the fridge and she had 2 glasses (She was staying the night). That was that with daddy dearest he never left her babysit again!! Ridiculous!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

I would love it!! I even had a look at the babysitter/nanny site. You pay through the nose though at 20 bucks an hour but they all come with great qualifications etc. I suggested it to daddy dearest and it was shot down straight away. Honestly one would have an easier time getting into the CIA than babysitting Mia. Put it this way when Mia was 6 months old his mom came to babysit. We had a bottle of wine in the fridge and she had 2 glasses (She was staying the night). That was that with daddy dearest he never left her babysit again!! Ridiculous!!!
Hi Mairead,

Glad your meds went well. Did you have to strip off Did you have to bring any medical reports with you?

Helena
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Originally Posted by jasb
Hi All

Just joined the February 08 list! Visa lodged 13th Feb. Hope everything runs smoothly for us February 08 lot, and look forward to hearing how you all get on. GOOD LUCK!
And good luck to you Jasb. Seems like we're a merry band of fine fellows!

Mairead, how did your meds go today? I'm worried about the old stripping down business but I'll go through whatever I've got to go through in order to get that visa.

We've got to book ours but our agent seems to think that we should wait a little while. We're going for a 176 so is pretty low on the list of priorities, what are you all going for? If any of you are after the 176, are you having meds done fairly soon?

Now beginning to get impatient and it's only been 18 days!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK so I was going to keep this going for awhile with OH but as he is sitting next to me ......

There is no stripping off!!! Theres no drop of the hand etc etc etc

Sammy we are going for the 175. The email I got the day after I submitted requested them. Mind you to be honest even if it hadn't I would still have done them. I had always planned on frontloading.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

SammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really niceSammyT is just really nice

Well, thank goodness for that! Not that I'm not up for a bit of hand dropping - only joking

I'm up for a bit of front loading myself but hubby is being a lot more resilient than I am - which is a change because I'm always accused of playing safe and being far too sensible.

So you've only got the X-rays to do on Friday Mairead, then it's the wait? Hopefully in only a few months, we'll all be getting the emails we're living for!

X
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SammyT
Well, thank goodness for that! Not that I'm not up for a bit of hand dropping - only joking

I'm up for a bit of front loading myself but hubby is being a lot more resilient than I am - which is a change because I'm always accused of playing safe and being far too sensible.

So you've only got the X-rays to do on Friday Mairead, then it's the wait? Hopefully in only a few months, we'll all be getting the emails we're living for!

X
Hi Sammy,

We are going for 175 visa. Our agent told us to wait until the meds/pcs are requested. This gives more time to validate/move. If we got them done now then we would have to at least validate the visa within 12 months of the meds/pcs, if we were not ready to go i.e sell house, cars, redundancy for OH etc.... I do not want to have to validate the visa. It is so much money to have to spend.

Helena
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

OH was just looking on the timeline sheet that is set up. Someone who lodged their 175 application in December 07 has a CO already Is it the luck of the draw???

Helena
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

OH was just looking on the timeline sheet that is set up. Someone who lodged their 175 application in December 07 has a CO already Is it the luck of the draw???

Helena
Wow that was quick. I wonder if all the sep applicants have updated theres? Allankate will be sending out email reminders to people to update so hopefully within the next couple of weeks we should see a good few changes in people status which will hopefully result in a much more accurate spreadsheet.

We had our xrays today and thankfully they went well. Damien had a fluid line on his lung but they said this was fine and no further action was required. Thankfully, all thats left is Damien's medical on Friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.