Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 26th 2016, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Congrats to BelBris and iainmac1979 !

Looks like Ottawa and the 2106 applicants in general are getting most of the love!
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iainmac1979
I just wanted to let you know that the decision was made on the 15th of September and I received the COPR on the 22nd. Please can you update the sheet.
Terrific, huge congratulations!!!! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in case you've started recording it somewhere, my MyCIC has changed from 'A background check is needed: Not started' to 'A background check is needed: In progress'.

It's the tiniest of changes but it's made my morning!
Old Sep 27th 2016, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

BelBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck CReg91! Hopefully things move quickly for you now. Just to say to everybody be that MyCIC says that my application has been approved and that I " have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence" I guess they didn't need a copy of my passport for some reason? Anyway, they've given me until 7/2/17 to land which is grand. All the best of luck to everyone waiting! I'll post again when I actually receive the hard copy of my COPR. Cheers, Q
Old Sep 27th 2016, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BelBris
Good luck CReg91! Hopefully things move quickly for you now. Just to say to everybody be that MyCIC says that my application has been approved and that I " have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence" I guess they didn't need a copy of my passport for some reason? Anyway, they've given me until 7/2/17 to land which is grand. All the best of luck to everyone waiting! I'll post again when I actually receive the hard copy of my COPR. Cheers, Q

No, apparently they don't routinely ask for your passport. They may or may not, in your case not.

Your timeline is giving me hope, but I do feel for those still 'stuck' on the 2015 sheet!
Old Sep 27th 2016, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with landing Belbris!

It does seem like a bunch of 2015ers have been left behind :/
Old Sep 27th 2016, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

letsgo2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good Creg91. Glad to see a December applicant has had some movement, I was beginning to think December and most of January London ones had been forgotten!
Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CReg91
Just in case you've started recording it somewhere, my MyCIC has changed from 'A background check is needed: Not started' to 'A background check is needed: In progress'.

It's the tiniest of changes but it's made my morning!
And so it begins! A few days after they started mine I had the request for new pic's and more dosh as well!

Looking Up
Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by danbsword
And so it begins! A few days after they started mine I had the request for new pic's and more dosh as well!

Looking Up
Old Sep 27th 2016, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats.

Also starting to feel like they may have put ours to the bottom of the pile after requesting the fingerprints.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

irfyg is an unknown quantity at this point

WHOOHOO! Acceptance Letter for Sponsorship arrived today!!!

It was sent to Ottawa.

Having trouble linking account though :/ Maybe I'll wait 24 hours.

Last edited by irfyg; Sep 27th 2016 at 11:08 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irfyg
WHOOHOO! Acceptance Letter for Sponsorship arrived today!!!

It was sent to Ottawa.

Congratulations, especially on Ottawa. Spreadsheet updated.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Not London, but an update from Australia. Sponsorship approval came on 9 September and our application was sent to Sydney. I got an email from the Sydney office today saying that they have updated the change in circumstances I sent a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully they move faster than the 10 months quoted.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irfyg

EVERYONE has trouble linking to their MyCIC account - I think it is a bit of a 'rite of passage'! Took me 22 attempts.

There is a good post that says in detail how it worked for them (and me) - check out post no 13881 on page 926 of this thread and give that a go!
Old Sep 28th 2016, 12:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not London, but an update from Australia. Sponsorship approval came on 9 September and our application was sent to Sydney. I got an email from the Sydney office today saying that they have updated the change in circumstances I sent a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully they move faster than the 10 months quoted.
Yay! Glad you got your sponsor approval through, and good that they acknowledged the email you sent.

Hopefully the rest of the process continues smoothly! Do keep us updated!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.