Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 25th 2016, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

You might get to the airport to find they are able to land you anyway, so go prepared with your goods to follow docs just in case. It just happened a month ago, can't remember the user now, but he had DM on ECAS a day or two before flying out. He figured he'd enter under dual intent. He got to the border and explained that he could see online a decision had been made but he hadn't received the official decision yet. They were able to print the docs for him and land him. So go prepared with your GtF just in case, but also plan to enter on dual intent as a worst case.
Thanks Schnookololy, I remember that person and am hoping the same happens to me if the CoPR doesn't come through. I've already started on the Goods Accompanying and will make sure all is ready for any scenario I don't have any Goods to Follow so assume I don't need to create an empty list.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:06 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91
Thanks Schnookololy, I remember that person and am hoping the same happens to me if the CoPR doesn't come through. I've already started on the Goods Accompanying and will make sure all is ready for any scenario I don't have any Goods to Follow so assume I don't need to create an empty list.
Nope, just tell the border agent you aren't shipping or bringing in anything else that isn't currently with you, so you should be just fine.
Old Aug 26th 2016, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all!

Sorry to go through this again but I just wanted to set out my two possible scenarios upon arriving at Toronto Pearson to make absolutely sure I have all I need!

Scenario 1: I get to the border agent, state that I have a pending application and that I intend on coming in with dual intent. I produce my passport, return ticket to London, and let him/her know that I'm coming to scope out the property/job market, spend time with my partner and her family but will then return home within the 'visitor' allotted time.

Scenario 2: I get to the border agent, state that I have a pending application and intend on coming with dual intent. They see that actually a decision is made and can give me PR status there and then. I produce my passport and Goods Accompanying list (no goods to follow). I have an address of residence ready to give to them if necessary.

Either way, I'll bring:
- Passport
- Goods Accompanying list
- Return ticket
- Details of address I'll be residing at

Can anyone tell me if I've missed anything?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 26th 2016, 9:35 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hey all!

Sorry to go through this again but I just wanted to set out my two possible scenarios upon arriving at Toronto Pearson to make absolutely sure I have all I need!

Scenario 1: I get to the border agent, state that I have a pending application and that I intend on coming in with dual intent. I produce my passport, return ticket to London, and let him/her know that I'm coming to scope out the property/job market, spend time with my partner and her family but will then return home within the 'visitor' allotted time.

Scenario 2: I get to the border agent, state that I have a pending application and intend on coming with dual intent. They see that actually a decision is made and can give me PR status there and then. I produce my passport and Goods Accompanying list (no goods to follow). I have an address of residence ready to give to them if necessary.

Either way, I'll bring:
- Passport
- Goods Accompanying list
- Return ticket
- Details of address I'll be residing at

Can anyone tell me if I've missed anything?

Thanks in advance!
Double check what's in the wiki, you should also have proof of your application, which is listed in the wiki list. Otherwise it all sounds fine!
Old Aug 30th 2016, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

goneforgood is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a question. In the ECAS section where you can check your status, when you click through the PA's 'In Process' box it takes you to a section with numbered statements:
1. We received PA's application on X date.
2. We started processing PA's application on X date.

A lot of people have mentioned a third statement:

3. Medical results received.

We always wondered why we didn't have this third statement as the medical was done back in October2015.

It has just appeared (sometime within the last three weeks). Is this unusually late or is it a sign that things are 'ripening'? In the bit where you can find explanations of these statements, the 'Medical Results Received' is in the 'Decision Made' section. Is this for real? Can we assume this always means a decision has been made? Or is it just another random ECAS foible?
Old Aug 30th 2016, 7:47 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by goneforgood
Here's a question. In the ECAS section where you can check your status, when you click through the PA's 'In Process' box it takes you to a section with numbered statements:
1. We received PA's application on X date.
2. We started processing PA's application on X date.

A lot of people have mentioned a third statement:

3. Medical results received.

We always wondered why we didn't have this third statement as the medical was done back in October2015.

It has just appeared (sometime within the last three weeks). Is this unusually late or is it a sign that things are 'ripening'? In the bit where you can find explanations of these statements, the 'Medical Results Received' is in the 'Decision Made' section. Is this for real? Can we assume this always means a decision has been made? Or is it just another random ECAS foible?
It'll explicitly say Decision Made when a decision has been made, so don't get too excited yet.

As for it being late, again don't read into it. Some people get the meds received result immediately, and for others it takes longer. Maybe it took the doctor that long to send your medicals. Maybe your meds were received and matched just fine but the reviewing officer forgot to update ECAS. Who knows. Don't read into it.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, OK thanks. Twitch. Twitch. Our medical will expire October 1st. It's getting a bit close.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

No Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant future

So, my wife got SA last week and my case is being processed in Ottawa. I'll be heading over to visit her and our child in a couple of days (entering with dual-intent) since the lease on our UK home came to an end I've moved into my parent's house. I put the address changes (my current UK address and the imminent Canadian address) in the web form as soon as we got the SA email but since there's no way of knowing whether it has been updated or not (only the sponsor's address is shown in ecas) I'm now unsure if that was the correct thing to do as in "Step 1 – Check if you are eligible to change your address online" it states that one must also have "applied for permanent residence from within Canada,". Should I have emailed CPC Ottawa directly?
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by No Roots
So, my wife got SA last week and my case is being processed in Ottawa. I'll be heading over to visit her and our child in a couple of days (entering with dual-intent) since the lease on our UK home came to an end I've moved into my parent's house. I put the address changes (my current UK address and the imminent Canadian address) in the web form as soon as we got the SA email but since there's no way of knowing whether it has been updated or not (only the sponsor's address is shown in ecas) I'm now unsure if that was the correct thing to do as in "Step 1 – Check if you are eligible to change your address online" it states that one must also have "applied for permanent residence from within Canada,". Should I have emailed CPC Ottawa directly?

Which office is processing your application? There are email addresses for London and Ottawa in the FAQ. I'd drop them an email saying that you'll be in Canada on x date so you want to update your address. Don't worry about the message on the site, tons have waited in Canada and have updated their address.

Also, you're not on the spreadsheet (linked in my signature)! More data makes the spreadsheet more accurate. If you want to be added, then let me know the date your application arrived at CIC, when you got sponsor approval, the office that has your app, where you're located (might as well put the Canadian location!), and any other info that is useful.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

No Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant futureNo Roots has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly

Which office is processing your application? There are email addresses for London and Ottawa in the FAQ. I'd drop them an email saying that you'll be in Canada on x date so you want to update your address. Don't worry about the message on the site, tons have waited in Canada and have updated their address.
Thanks for the quick reply. Ottawa. I just found this in the FAQs on the CIC page for CPC Ottawa:

Please e-mail us ([email protected]) in any of the following cases:

change in your marital status,
birth or death in your family, or
change in your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada.

Which I guess is my situation? Last thing I want is COPR being sent to an empty house 4000 miles away.

(PM'd details for spreadsheet)
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Yep, drop them an email.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

I have FINALLY managed to link our account to MyCIC. I discovered they wanted the cat's grandmother's middle name. Silly me. I have no idea why it suddenly opened its digital doors to us, it's not for lack of trying every possible combination of input. But what did I see when I finally got in? This pretty thing:

Application profile details

Application profile status........ Closed
Review of eligibility........ Passed
Review of medical results........ Passed
Review of submitted documents........
Scheduling an interview........
A background check is necessary........ Complete
Final decision........ This application has been approved

ECAS is still showing 'in process', but it looks like we've joined the happy band who have reached the end of the journey. Just have to wait for the COPR now. That embarrassing white bit in the October 2015 sea of green on the spreadsheet can now be quietly filled in, thank you very much!

Last edited by goneforgood; Sep 1st 2016 at 7:22 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 7:23 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by goneforgood
I have FINALLY managed to link our account to MyCIC. I discovered they wanted the cat's grandmother's middle name. Silly me. I have no idea why it suddenly opened its digital doors to us, it's not for lack of trying every possible combination of input. But what did I see when I finally got in? This pretty thing:

Application profile details

Application profile status........ Closed
Review of eligibility........ Passed
Review of medical results........ Passed
Review of submitted documents........
Scheduling an interview........
A background check is necessary........ Complete
Final decision........ This application has been approved

ECAS is still showing 'in process', but it looks like we've joined the happy band who have reached the end of the journey. Just have to wait for the COPR now. That embarrassing white bit in the October 2015 sea of green on the spreadsheet can now be quietly filled in, thank you very much!
Awesome that you were finally able to link it! Yay! Definitely going to update the 2017 spreadsheet to reflect MyCIC categories. I've just put a note on yours for now. Congrats! Let us know when COPR arrives!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 10:50 am
Just Joined

destined is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship and thought I would offer our details for the spreadsheet...

Current Location: Yorkshire, UK
Destination: ON, Canada
Relationship: Married

Application Received in Mississauga: 4 July 2016
Sponsor Approved: 23 Aug 2016
In processing: 23 Aug 2016
Office: Ottawa
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 12:25 pm
Concierge

Added! Thanks for providing your information, great way to pay it forward! Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.