Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by caleo
you can use your receipt nbumber to check the status on Ecas - your receipt is the IMM 5... You need to use that number and the sponsors details. It will ONLY show up once they have processed it, which is currently about 35-40 days. Your form has been with them for just over a month, so you should hear something soon.....then the real waiting starts
Sorry, I read that mail wrong. My application has been in since the 19th of Janaury....so nearly 2 months which is why i worry as checked the timelines and its coming up to 60 days for us.
I understand its a waiting game and every application is different.
Like others when you hear people getting emails 16 days after confirming receipt and your two months in and heard nothing it gets you twitchy.

I know its a long process, i just worry when you get no info at all and it doesn't seem to be consistent with updates for everyone.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mrs-G
Caleo

Feel awful for you. Cant begin to imagine how frustrated and concerned you are.

If it was me, I would send another case specific email stressing that you are concerned that your medical information has gone missing and ask them to confirm if they have everything, as its important to know if its lost. I wouldn't ask them anything about progress, just focus on the medicals.

Fingers crossed whoever gets it will have the sense to take the time and check and respond to you.
I'm 100% with Mrs G here - just ask them about the medicals. ^^^^

I feel so bad for you Caleo, it's so frustrating! They really need to get their act together.

I remember when I first came on this forum, you were so helpful to me with the form filling etc, and you're still such a great help to everyone on here! I'm sure everyone else values & appreciates you as much as I do.

Just wanted to let you know in hopes it might cheer you up a bit. We're all rooting for you! Send them another email, and keep us posted.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
I'm 100% with Mrs G here - just ask them about the medicals. ^^^^

I feel so bad for you Caleo, it's so frustrating! They really need to get their act together.

I remember when I first came on this forum, you were so helpful to me with the form filling etc, and you're still such a great help to everyone on here! I'm sure everyone else values & appreciates you as much as I do.

Just wanted to let you know in hopes it might cheer you up a bit. We're all rooting for you! Send them another email, and keep us posted.

Awww, thank you, Cowgirl.

I try to be positive, but it is so darn hard!!! I have emailed them - just to say that I am concerned about my personal medical info may be lost and could they please just let me know whether it has been traced. I am still waiting for a reply to my last email - so not holding out much hope.

I just wish they had a fairer system and one with less hurdles to get over!

I suppose i should be grateful it is this visa that is taking the time and not when my hubby applied for his UK visa - it came through with a month to spare before the birth of our daughter! Had it been delayed like this one though, he would not have been here for the birth!

Well, back to patiently waiting - I keep thinking - shall I check ecas, but i just hate that downtrodden feeling when it has not changed at all!!!

Okay - so tomorrow is another day.......
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canadian_Fig
Sorry, I read that mail wrong. My application has been in since the 19th of Janaury....so nearly 2 months which is why i worry as checked the timelines and its coming up to 60 days for us.
I understand its a waiting game and every application is different.
Like others when you hear people getting emails 16 days after confirming receipt and your two months in and heard nothing it gets you twitchy.

I know its a long process, i just worry when you get no info at all and it doesn't seem to be consistent with updates for everyone.

Oooo, I am the expert waiter at the moment - so don't talk to me about waiting!!!

So, your form has been in Mississauga for 2 months - you know it was received - so have you checked on ecas, using your receipt number Rxxxxxxx and the sponsors name, date of birth and birthplace?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Oooo, I am the expert waiter at the moment - so don't talk to me about waiting!!!

So, your form has been in Mississauga for 2 months - you know it was received - so have you checked on ecas, using your receipt number Rxxxxxxx and the sponsors name, date of birth and birthplace?
Sorry I know i'm not the only one playing the waiting game

Yes, check probably once a week (no more to stop me going insane )
Use my 'R' number and check it using sponsors surname, DOB and birthplace. Just get the 'you aren't on here' screen
My wife checks her email daily for notification and her junk, obviously they haven't finished processing but 2 months in Mississauga is a long time now and its just worrying me a little, i'm sure there are valid reasons but the old 'they signed for it at Mississauga but did it get lost' thoughts are going through my head!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Use my 'R' number and check it using sponsors surname, DOB and birthplace. Just get the 'you aren't on here' screen
My wife checks her email daily for notification and her junk, obviously they haven't finished processing but 2 months in Mississauga is a long time now and its just worrying me a little, i'm sure there are valid reasons but the old 'they signed for it at Mississauga but did it get lost' thoughts are going through my head!
Yes, it does seem strange of it has been 2 months - usually is around 6 weeks - if you look at my timeline below, you can see that it took a little longer for our letter to be issued Mississauga received our application in october - Ecas stated that decision had been made on the 10th November, but it took till 30th november for them to send the letter to us. We tried calling them, and just got told that ecas was not always right and that they were processing forms up to the date ours was received - but basically sit and wait. I think if they received your forms 2 months ago - more than the 37 days they quote, you should try calling. Their site was updated on the 9th march to say "working on applications received on February 8, 2011". Usually does not take them long to process once they start.

It is frustrating, I am with you there!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

Caleo

I feel like I'm waiting with you (although clearly not going through the agony you are! ).

Keep checking in here and everytime I see you've posted, I think this is it... gotta be good news finally.

I really hope you get some response from them. at least emailing them will mean someone reads it and has a look at your file, and even if they don't reply they might actually be doing something. But they really should reply when its an issue like this, so hopefully you hear something from them soon.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, it does seem strange of it has been 2 months - usually is around 6 weeks - if you look at my timeline below, you can see that it took a little longer for our letter to be issued Mississauga received our application in october - Ecas stated that decision had been made on the 10th November, but it took till 30th november for them to send the letter to us. We tried calling them, and just got told that ecas was not always right and that they were processing forms up to the date ours was received - but basically sit and wait. I think if they received your forms 2 months ago - more than the 37 days they quote, you should try calling. Their site was updated on the 9th march to say "working on applications received on February 8, 2011". Usually does not take them long to process once they start.

It is frustrating, I am with you there!
Called them and they have no reference of me being on their system at all
I can't check my wife's details as you need to do it in person! Going to get her to call first thing when they open in the morning.
Now i am really bricking it! If its been lost even though i have a receipt that its been signed...well....I don't know how i am going to put it all together again!

Thanks for your advice, appreciate it.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Called them and they have no reference of me being on their system at all
I can't check my wife's details as you need to do it in person! Going to get her to call first thing when they open in the morning.
Now i am really bricking it! If its been lost even though i have a receipt that its been signed...well....I don't know how i am going to put it all together again!

Thanks for your advice, appreciate it.
Oh no! That is awful - glad you called though, and at least you know there is an issue!! Hopefully your wife will be able to get more info tomorrow. Good luck1
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

yep, glad i called...thanks to your advice

Its very worrying, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:56 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

Hi Canadian Fig,

Just to make sure you are doing it correctly, in ECAS you use the receipt number and the Sponor's Details.

Also, I don't think people are getting emails for the first stage, as my partner (who i sponsored) got a letter in the mail.

You're likely doing it correctly, I just want to make sure there is no misunderstanding!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cowgirl

Ditto what she said!

every time I check on here i check your status! lol
mine still no change either. mind numbing stuff.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by alexisatk

Also, I don't think people are getting emails for the first stage, as my partner (who i sponsored) got a letter in the mail.
!
We didn't see a thing on ecas until literally the day they sent us the letter in the post. Even then, ecas isn't always updated - so I would keep your eye more on the letterbox rather than ecas!

They don't send any emails at this stage - the first and only email we got was the PPR! Try not to worry too much, Canadian Fig.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VW092906
Ditto what she said!

every time I check on here i check your status! lol
mine still no change either. mind numbing stuff.
How are you getting on, VW? You were another one that was a great help to me!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Megs_4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

We feel the need to post our frustrations as well... Every day we are checking for updates, and still nothing...

It's a fairly straightforward application, albeit common-law, we provide d mounds of info.

Status is still "Application received in London on January 13th"....

So happy for all those that have heard - fingers crossed our time will be soon, as will the rest who have been waiting !!

Megs & Gordie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.