Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:08 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Ah that's a good sign, seems to be pretty consistent for Mississauga applications to go directly to In Process. Average out of Miss seems to be about 5 months, so probably early next year for you!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

justin86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Ah that's a good sign, seems to be pretty consistent for Mississauga applications to go directly to In Process. Average out of Miss seems to be about 5 months, so probably early next year for you!
Oh that's awesome! Thanks! Im hoping for it to be done by end of march, gives me 5 months time!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justin86
Oh that's awesome! Thanks! Im hoping for it to be done by end of march, gives me 5 months time!
On the 2014 spreadsheet under the details table, there's a box called "APPLICATIONS BY OFFICE". You can see Mississauga's averages in that box. (It's also on the Home sheet on the left.) So right now average is 4.3 months from the time you applied... so with your application arriving mid-Sept, go forward call it 5 months to be safe... that puts you probably hearing in February-time. But keep an eye on the averages, and just remember, it's just averages! And anything can change - tatters, just above you, started with their application being processed in Mississauga, but yesterday they found it out it's been transferred to London, whose average processing is at 7-8 months. So anything can happen! Just keep an eye on the spreadsheet, and lots of people are around here to help you stay sane.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Bulletin25 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a good sign! Congrats! Be sure to keep an eye on the post for your COPR delivery notice
Thank you! I'm guessing that'll all confirm if they accepted my application?
Old Nov 4th 2014, 5:22 pm
Concierge

If you are going to be rejected, you either are going to get rejected immediately (usually the sponsor isn't eligible to sponsor, or the PA is inadmissible)... or CIC is going to ask for buckets of extra evidence, call you for an interview, etc, and then determine you aren't eligible. A case like yours, I'd say 99.99999999999999% chance you are going to be approved.

Read the wiki article about landing.

Good luck and let us know when you receive COPR!
Old Nov 4th 2014, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

kyoto23 is an unknown quantity at this point

The faster processing speeds via Missassauga has got my hopes up a little that I'll be able to work by January. Anxiously awaiting to hear something about my decision. Fingers crossed. My only concern is my COPR delivery. My parents have bought a new house since I started the application. They have a mail forwarding service on the old address for the next 6 months, so hoping it'll have no problem being delivered.

I have one question regarding health insurance which I'm hoping someone might be able to answer..

My application has been "In Process" since October 6th. Soon I'll be flying to LA for 5 weeks before heading to Vancouver to be with my husband and family for Christmas. As I likely won't have heard of anything come my BC arrival, I will be entering Canada on my touris visa. Could someone offer any advice as to what health insurance I'll need? I understand that I won't be covered by the gov until my PR comes in. Should I be looking to buy a 2-3 month insurance plan in case my wait is longer than anticipated? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another quick update, turns out I don't need a new medical.

Before you replied to me yesterday SchnookoLoly I replied to the CIC email I got saying I already had medicals done and attached photocopies of my medical documents.
They replied today to say disregard the email and my medicals have now been attached. Which is a bit of a relief! Living off one income is hard enough, I'm glad we can save that $300 in the run up to Christmas!

Also I noticed on the spreadsheet my notes say "RFPR fee requested 4th June" which is a mistake, I paid upfront. I think maybe that info was supposed to be for the applicant above me in the spreadsheet. And still no update of anything for me after "we have received your application". Thanks! Hope everyone is having a good day
Old Nov 5th 2014, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dumpweed453
Just another quick update, turns out I don't need a new medical.

Before you replied to me yesterday SchnookoLoly I replied to the CIC email I got saying I already had medicals done and attached photocopies of my medical documents.
They replied today to say disregard the email and my medicals have now been attached. Which is a bit of a relief! Living off one income is hard enough, I'm glad we can save that $300 in the run up to Christmas!

Also I noticed on the spreadsheet my notes say "RFPR fee requested 4th June" which is a mistake, I paid upfront. I think maybe that info was supposed to be for the applicant above me in the spreadsheet. And still no update of anything for me after "we have received your application". Thanks! Hope everyone is having a good day
Whoops, yes, I copied your line from the person above you. All fixed now! Glad it's sorted.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Denzel_pompey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys,
I don't know if I need to be worried, I have sent in a case specific enquiry about my PR application, as ECAS has been at Application Received since April 1. So far, I have not got a reply from the London office. I can confirm that my medicals were done on 05/12/2013, which means it expires in 4 weeks.
What can I do? Do I send another CSE? So far between myself and my sponsor, we have sent 2 CSE and are yet to get any reply.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:35 pm
Concierge

You only applied in March, tons of people befor eyou are still waiting to hear. Which office is processing your application? Your sponsor approval letter wil say. I assume it's London?

Send another email, use both the web form and the direct email address, and let them know your medicals are expiring in a month. They'll either extend them for you, or request you get new ones done.

If you get to two weeks before with no response, get your MP involved.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Denzel_pompey is an unknown quantity at this point

You only applied in March, tons of people befor eyou are still waiting to hear. Which office is processing your application? Your sponsor approval letter wil say. I assume it's London?

Send another email, use both the web form and the direct email address, and let them know your medicals are expiring in a month. They'll either extend them for you, or request you get new ones done.

If you get to two weeks before with no response, get your MP involved.
Thanks for the advice. I will send them another email. Do you know the direct email address for the London office?
I guess I'll just stay positive and wait, hopefully I would not need to have another medicals done. My application processing office is London.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Denzel_pompey
Thanks for the advice. I will send them another email. Do you know the direct email address for the London office?
I guess I'll just stay positive and wait, hopefully I would not need to have another medicals done. My application processing office is London.
I was emailed by CIC 2 days ago at this address [email protected] and I replied to them, got a reply the next day. It probably depends on the enquiry but give that one a go. Make sure you put your application number, full name and urgent enquiry in the subject. Good luck!
Old Nov 6th 2014, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

I'm In Process as of the 3rd of November, ECAS changed today. Aww yiss
Old Nov 6th 2014, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

summerdaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Could you add us to the spreadsheet please

Married
Nearest city - Toronto
Application received Sept 23rd
Sponsor approval Nov 6th
Meds were done in July
All fees paid upfront
Processing in Mississauga

Thank you
Old Nov 6th 2014, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Badger. is an unknown quantity at this point

My COPR arrived today. I was getting a bit worried as they received the package they requested from me Thanksgiving week.

I feel like the immigration officer was having a laugh with me, because when I opened it, it only had the extra Xpresspost envelope I sent them. My COPR was inside the extra envelope, inside the envelope.

So, if it is any help to people applying Outland from within Canada, I think the same happened to Ashpo, just send one extra Xpresspost envelope, and not two as it requests on the letter they send. This will save you a chunk of monies. I hope this makes sense.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.