Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:41 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by michty6
Got my COPR from Canada Post late last night. I was tempted to take this afternoon off work to drive to Niagara and flag-pole but I'd already booked Wed afternoon off work expecting the COPR to arrive Tues and that turned out to be for nothing so didn't want to piss my boss around more. So I'll flag-pole on Sat, and be down at Service Canada/Ontario first thing Monday morning so I can move on with my life. Hopefully it's all straight forward from here...
Should be plain sailing now.

Hopefully mine arrives before the end of June or I'm a bit screwed. (IEC visa expires)
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

lindzation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orly
Should be plain sailing now.

Hopefully mine arrives before the end of June or I'm a bit screwed. (IEC visa expires)
My boyfriends IEC visa expires on May 11 Fingers triple crossed!!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

What kind of things do you need to take with you when you cross the border? Is it just the COPR or do you need more?
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

COPR, some proof of address in Canada if you're already here and if you're bringing stuff/having stuff sent on you will have to fill out a form - I think it's called G4 or something like that.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:37 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and a passport that is valid.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:47 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Goods to follow as well, I believe - there is a great article in the Wiki about what you need when you do your landing, we followed it all and found it incredibly helpful. (Landed at Pearson in December, I created a thread back in December/January that detailed our experience landing, if you want to dig it out!)
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:08 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

ak9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michty6
Got my COPR from Canada Post late last night. I was tempted to take this afternoon off work to drive to Niagara and flag-pole but I'd already booked Wed afternoon off work expecting the COPR to arrive Tues and that turned out to be for nothing so didn't want to piss my boss around more. So I'll flag-pole on Sat, and be down at Service Canada/Ontario first thing Monday morning so I can move on with my life. Hopefully it's all straight forward from here...
woo!! congrats!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:09 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Any idea of how long after you get the email from CIC-M that they have your application that it actually gets uploaded so you can check the status of your application??
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:09 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ak9
Hi All,

Any idea of how long after you get the email from CIC-M that they have your application that it actually gets uploaded so you can check the status of your application??
I thought getting the email with the UCI number was what allowed you to check...

So...um...instantly.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by orly
I thought getting the email with the UCI number was what allowed you to check...

So...um...instantly.
Sometimes it does take longer! I think we could get on fairly quickly but nothing showed up for a week or so..
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:44 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

We got the email last week and when I try to sign on it says it can't find me. So not sure.if I am not doing something right.or its because they havent uploaded it.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ak9
We got the email last week and when I try to sign on it says it can't find me. So not sure.if I am not doing something right.or its because they havent uploaded it.
It's more then likely their side of things!
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:58 pm
ak9
Forum Regular

okay, i am sorry if i am being incredibly dim but its finally managed to let me log in...i think....and it says the following:

Name

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status and address information will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application and updating your address information by contacting us.

what the heck/where the heck is the underlined status?? there doesn't seem to be a status anywhere?? and I dont want to not see my status online...there is simply a tick box beside that message to remove consent and a submit below and a log out below that...with my name above the message....

has anyone seen that before?? I am being daft and not seeing things??
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ak9
okay, i am sorry if i am being incredibly dim but its finally managed to let me log in...i think....and it says the following:

Name

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Please remove the ability for me or anyone else to view the status of my application and address information on this Web site.
Note: Once you withdraw your consent, your application status and address information will no longer be available on the Internet. Learn about other ways of receiving information about the processing and status of your application and updating your address information by contacting us.

what the heck/where the heck is the underlined status?? there doesn't seem to be a status anywhere?? and I dont want to not see my status online...there is simply a tick box beside that message to remove consent and a submit below and a log out below that...with my name above the message....

has anyone seen that before?? I am being daft and not seeing things??
I thought I replied to this but I guess not! We had the same thing, but then after a few days or something it changed to what it should be (it will have the name, address, and status of your application.. then that funky note at the bottom)
Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:26 am
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by ak9
Make sure you use the SPONSORS details on that stage of ECAS. If you're the person being sponsored your name and other info won't work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.