Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by ek84
I think (but don't know for sure) that the sponsor will be given their own UCID, hence the new one with sponsor approval. The new one will only work with their info, and yours will only work with your info. I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong....
This seems correct as I just logged in using the new UCI and my partner's surname and details and it worked - thanks!
Old Aug 15th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ek84
I think (but don't know for sure) that the sponsor will be given their own UCID, hence the new one with sponsor approval. The new one will only work with their info, and yours will only work with your info. I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong....
You are correct. The sponsor has their own details, when the applicants information is updated it is also shown in the sponsors eCas.

The reason for having two different accounts is because in theory the sponsor part of the application and PR part are totally separate, done by separate people, and protected for privacy, even though they are connected for the application. Makes no sense but at the same time does. If you try and ring up to check your sponsors details (being the applicant) they will not let you do so. You can only check your own.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

comeonvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Am a new member to this but have found a lot of useful thread on this website over the last few months...thanks.

We are at the end of our visa process (I Hope). I was approved to sponser my hubby in Janurary this year. At end of last month Ecas said medicals were received then we were asked to make final payment for PR visa, we had paid up front so replied and told them this also attaching our receipt.

Within a few days they had got back and had found it and adjusted our accounts, they also said that they would finish and proceed with CORP (This was AUG 1st) then on Aug 6th Ecas was updated to decision made. But we still have not received the CORP or anything in the mail. I have noticed that on most timelines that people received their CORPs with in 2-5 days after approval? Am I just being impatient (that is a new trait since starting this process!)or should this be chased up? Any advice would be welcome!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comeonvisa
Hello
Am a new member to this but have found a lot of useful thread on this website over the last few months...thanks.

We are at the end of our visa process (I Hope). I was approved to sponser my hubby in Janurary this year. At end of last month Ecas said medicals were received then we were asked to make final payment for PR visa, we had paid up front so replied and told them this also attaching our receipt.

Within a few days they had got back and had found it and adjusted our accounts, they also said that they would finish and proceed with CORP (This was AUG 1st) then on Aug 6th Ecas was updated to decision made. But we still have not received the CORP or anything in the mail. I have noticed that on most timelines that people received their CORPs with in 2-5 days after approval? Am I just being impatient (that is a new trait since starting this process!)or should this be chased up? Any advice would be welcome!
Are you currently in Canada already? My COPR was sent two days after decision was made (according to the postage stamp) and received by me 7 working days later (I'm in Canada) Based on this (and the information on Royal Mail's website for length of delivery for International signed for) you probably still have a couple of days for it to arrive. I would wait till Monday and if it doesnt arrive send a case specific enquiry about it to London, including your file number and URGENT in the subject. I contacted them 3 times after my Decision was made and waited no longer than 2 days for a reply.. seems once your finished with the process they are alot more inclined to reply quicker than the 28 days they state!

If you are not in Canada.. send that case specific enquiry now.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Are you currently in Canada already? My COPR was sent two days after decision was made (according to the postage stamp) and received by me 7 working days later (I'm in Canada) Based on this (and the information on Royal Mail's website for length of delivery for International signed for) you probably still have a couple of days for it to arrive. I would wait till Monday and if it doesnt arrive send a case specific enquiry about it to London, including your file number and URGENT in the subject. I contacted them 3 times after my Decision was made and waited no longer than 2 days for a reply.. seems once your finished with the process they are alot more inclined to reply quicker than the 28 days they state!

If you are not in Canada.. send that case specific enquiry now.
Thanks for your reply, No we live in Edinburgh and London is our office...Things are usually only a day or two via the post. Am so frustrated now as just want to get home! Thanks again for your help!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 4:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I simply would not worry over this few weeks. Summer is a busy time in visa offices because of student visa applications, the posting in and out of officers, and finally summer holidays.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I simply would not worry over this few weeks. Summer is a busy time in visa offices because of student visa applications, the posting in and out of officers, and finally summer holidays.
Thanks for that! My husband has gotten a job offer and things seem to be going in the right direction, just waiting on that piece of paper to start it all off properally. Had not thought of student visas at this time of year, when should i worry?
Old Aug 16th 2012, 7:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing by mid-September then email the visa office.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

We today got an email from cic confirming that our application has been received (June 14), we now have our uci number. Does this mean our application is now being processed? Hopefully well get the sponsor decision soon
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

I'm looking for some advice. I applied through common-law at the end of Feb this year. I have not heard from CIC about my application and I'm getting really worried. I did send them an email to update them of an address change (my visa ran out after I'd sent the paperwork in and I am now living in the UK), as well as to enquire about the status of my application, but they have not responded. This was over a month ago now and i'm feeling really anxious
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sarah_m
I'm looking for some advice. I applied through common-law at the end of Feb this year. I have not heard from CIC about my application and I'm getting really worried. I did send them an email to update them of an address change (my visa ran out after I'd sent the paperwork in and I am now living in the UK), as well as to enquire about the status of my application, but they have not responded. This was over a month ago now and i'm feeling really anxious
whats the timeline of your application? i.e when did you get sponsor approval, when did you send everything off?
Old Aug 17th 2012, 10:16 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I think they applied end of Feb - definitely should have heard by now. CPC-M is working on applications I think in May. Def should have heard. Call CPC-M directly.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Eabie has a spectacular aura aboutEabie has a spectacular aura aboutEabie has a spectacular aura about

We've got our medical booked for August 21st. We're still getting a few bits and bobs together for the application (mainly the photos and police check), but as they take 10 working days to do the paperwork for the medical anyway, I think we'll be sending our application off around the same time that the doctor sends our medical results. So, soon, in other words!

I'm going to begin tackling all the scary forms in the coming days. I've printed them all off for a trial run.
Old Aug 18th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richtee
We today got an email from cic confirming that our application has been received (June 14), we now have our uci number. Does this mean our application is now being processed? Hopefully well get the sponsor decision soon
The CIC website says it is dealing with applications received on May 14, Richtee says they received an email saying CIC received their application June 14.. I know the website is not accurate, but does this mean that we could assume that they are actually dealing with applications submitted in June instead of May...or am I interpreting this incorrectly?

Last edited by scottish_maple; Aug 18th 2012 at 6:18 pm. Reason: change of last word
Old Aug 18th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

sarah_m will become famous soon enoughsarah_m will become famous soon enough

I applied at the end of Feb and haven't heard anything. I can't log into ECAS either. As I'm in the UK now, does anyone know if it's ok if my sponsor calls on my behalf? Is he able to ask if I can be updated via email. This is SO frustrating and incredibly worrying...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.