Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Oh man! My silver lining just got busted.
Better to know though.Thanks. I got ahead of the game...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deficient
Oh, I also meant to say that receiving that medical letter doesn't necessarily entail that your application as a whole has been looked at.

I got my medical furtherance letter about a month after submitting my application but my application still spent another couple of months gathering dust before sponsor approval came through.

The medical gets looked at separately. The results of the medical stuff get matched up to the rest of the application later in the process, I think.

Just out of interest what is a medical furtherance letter? We sent our application to Mississauga for the spousal approval however the result of the medical (done before we sent off the spousal approval) was sent directly to London. Therefore how would you get questions about the medical prior to spousal approval? Does London look at the medicals before Mississauga process their bit?

Thanks
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richtee
Just out of interest what is a medical furtherance letter? We sent our application to Mississauga for the spousal approval however the result of the medical (done before we sent off the spousal approval) was sent directly to London. Therefore how would you get questions about the medical prior to spousal approval? Does London look at the medicals before Mississauga process their bit?

Thanks
The letter is something you would receive if CIC want you to complete additional medical requirements, i.e. if they find something wrong or unusual in your medical and want to investigate further. Most people hear nothing - no news is very likely to be good news!

With the current lengthy processing times for apps in Mississauga, the medical assessments seem to be getting done well before before the sponsor approval part gets done in Mississauga. But I'm guessing the aim is that these two things are done concurrently. And then everything comes together in London.

I don't know for sure that it is London that looks at the medical but I assume it is. My letters seem to originate in Nairobi but are postmarked from London. Either way, it seems to happen as a separate part of the process and most people hear nothing about it.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by richtee

Thanks
1. A medical furtherance means that something has come up during the Immigration Regional Medical Centre (IRMC) review of the tests submitted by the DMP.
2. An example is x-rays. If there is a shadow or scar on the lungs, which could be from TB or pneumonia or poor development of the x-ray usually means a furtherance for more tests. Sputum test, 6-8 weeks and then a further x-ray.
3. Another is high blood pressure. The IRMC will then will "further" the medical until a creatinine test is done to ensure that the high blood pressure has not effected the kidneys.
4. London doesn't see the results before the file is sent to London. Note there are only 7 IRMCs. Southern Africa results are sent to London and Northern Africa go to Paris. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ppendix-01.asp

Last edited by PMM; Aug 13th 2012 at 7:09 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

The letter is something you would receive if CIC want you to complete additional medical requirements, i.e. if they find something wrong or unusual in your medical and want to investigate further. Most people hear nothing - no news is very likely to be good news!

With the current lengthy processing times for apps in Mississauga, the medical assessments seem to be getting done well before before the sponsor approval part gets done in Mississauga. But I'm guessing the aim is that these two things are done concurrently. And then everything comes together in London.

I don't know for sure that it is London that looks at the medical but I assume it is. My letters seem to originate in Nairobi but are postmarked from London. Either way, it seems to happen as a separate part of the process and most people hear nothing about it.
I did my medicals before posting the Spousal App Package. They all go to Ottawa now. My understanding is this is a fairly new procedure they're testing according to CIC.

My Meds were done when i thought i was applying 'In-Canada' - but CIC told me to write a covering note in the App when i changed to London. She said it made no difference, as all Medical paperwork now gets routed to Ottawa.

Presumably if you don't hear anything by the time it gets to London...then you won't hear anything. (I hope )
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=PMM;10225540]

4. London doesn't see the results before the file is sent to London. Note there are only 7 IRMCs. Southern Africa results are sent to London and Northern Africa go to Paris.

Effectively then, if you don't hear anything and you had Sponsor approval from London, your meds are good?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for clearing everything up PMM.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stuabroad
We're a day ahead of you looks like, whoever gets there last buys the beer
Hmmmm, no approval for us yet though so it seems perhaps you are slightly further along!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for clearing everything up PMM.
Good shout
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

Just wondering how people found out about their sponsorship approval, was it by e-mail or mail? How long was the time between being able to log on to E-CAS and the decision made?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Just wondering how people found out about their sponsorship approval, was it by e-mail or mail? How long was the time between being able to log on to E-CAS and the decision made?
Comes via email first to the Sponsor. ECAS access came about 3 days later.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

In our case my husband (sponsor) got an email acknowledging receipt of the application and then a few days later I was able to log in with the UCI and see decision made on the sponsor. The sponsor approval itself came via snail mail.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point

In our case my husband (sponsor) got an email acknowledging receipt of the application and then a few days later I was able to log in with the UCI and see decision made on the sponsor. The sponsor approval itself came via snail mail.

Same thing happened with me and my partner. I never got any emails, I just got a letter saying I was approved in the regular post. Even though we checked the box to say contact us via email. Very frustrating.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

michty6 is on a distinguished road

Sponsor approved! Now I'm really on the board. So

Application Received: May 11th
Sponsor Approved: August 15th
(96 days)

One strange thing, if anyone knows anything about this. As I have applied for a FSW visa and 2 IEC visas previously I already had a UCI. I logged into the Client Application Checking using this UCI and it said 'Application Received 11th May'.

Now, in the sponsor approval they sent today, the UCI is different! And I try to log on to the Client Application system and it doesn't work. What is going on here? Do you get a different UCI when the application is sent to London?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think (but don't know for sure) that the sponsor will be given their own UCID, hence the new one with sponsor approval. The new one will only work with their info, and yours will only work with your info. I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.