Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

I posted this question in a seperate thread but nobody has replied and wondered if someone in this thread can help me. When the forms ask for family name, is this maiden name for women or the married name?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
I posted this question in a seperate thread but nobody has replied and wondered if someone in this thread can help me. When the forms ask for family name, is this maiden name for women or the married name?
Being Common-law, this wasn't a problem for us, so I can't tell you what we put.

But I would understand that to mean the married name, because doesn't it ask for maiden names in a different section anyway?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conjonway
Being Common-law, this wasn't a problem for us, so I can't tell you what we put.

But I would understand that to mean the married name, because doesn't it ask for maiden names in a different section anyway?
No...it just keeps saying name or Family Name...but I can't find an answer as to what this is referring to...

In the manual it just keeps referring to it as '•last name (surname/family name)'

Last edited by scottish_maple; Apr 3rd 2012 at 6:59 pm. Reason: added txt
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

No...it just keeps saying name or Family Name...but I can't find an answer as to what this is referring to...

In the manual it just keeps referring to it as '•last name (surname/family name)'
I'd use the name you go by on an everyday basis, i.e. what is on your drivers licence, bank statements, passport

But I will shut my mouth because there will be someone who has done the married route to tell you what they did
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'd use the name you go by on an everyday basis, i.e. what is on your drivers licence, bank statements, passport

But I will shut my mouth because there will be someone who has done the married route to tell you what they did
no need to shut your mouth....lol

Its not for me,,,its for filling out my husbands ex's name and our mothers names
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanadianTash
Oh right we'll I guess it will be waiting at the post office then when we get back.

Has anyone on here heard of anyone getting denied Copr after Decision Made? I can't see any reason for it but just one of those things in the back of my mind! Lol

Thanks Conjonway, it is nice to think that the waiting game is over, now it's just the stress of packing up everything thankfully I have a year or so to do that!
NO, I am sure the Decison Made is positive or they would have asked for additional information.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am the sponsor and I know when I filled in the forms I always used my last name that is on my passport. Not sure that helps.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

no need to shut your mouth....lol

Its not for me,,,its for filling out my husbands ex's name and our mothers names
In that case I would still go by their 'usual' married names. If they were looking for maiden names they normally ask for them specifically.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

So we landed today. Yay!

Went across at Detroit to do some shopping and lunch. Hubby got an I-94 with little hassle, he's done this before and they just processed him.

Then we returned and had a very easy time at Canadian Customs. No worries, no issues..

And I burst into tears when we left. So relieved to have it all done and over. To get on with the nice normal boring life we have wanted for a long while now. All is good.

It was also a right quick trip to the Services Canada office for the SIN and health cards. Nobody even waiting ahead of us. All done and dusted in 5 hours or less, including shopping!

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hope it's all smooth sailing from here.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carrin
So we landed today. Yay!

Went across at Detroit to do some shopping and lunch. Hubby got an I-94 with little hassle, he's done this before and they just processed him.

Then we returned and had a very easy time at Canadian Customs. No worries, no issues..

And I burst into tears when we left. So relieved to have it all done and over. To get on with the nice normal boring life we have wanted for a long while now. All is good.

It was also a right quick trip to the Services Canada office for the SIN and health cards. Nobody even waiting ahead of us. All done and dusted in 5 hours or less, including shopping!

Congratulations Carrin!

A question to those with their COPR already..sorry to those still waiting.

Under
Dependants Information
Mine is blank- I have a Canadian Son but he isn't mentioned here- Is this the same for others in this position?

Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by peng
Congratulations Carrin!

A question to those with their COPR already..sorry to those still waiting.

Under
Dependants Information
Mine is blank- I have a Canadian Son but he isn't mentioned here- Is this the same for others in this position?

Thanks

No, he wouldn't be, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents are not included in the process.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carrin
So we landed today. Yay!

Great to hear that all went well Carrin. Can you tell me about this I-94 that I have read about before.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
Great to hear that all went well Carrin. Can you tell me about this I-94 that I have read about before.
That's the document needed to enter the US. Canadians don't need it to visit, but UK citizens do and can visit for the time on the I-94 without a visitor's visa. Not sure about any other rules pertaining to it.

Easy enough to get, 6 US dollars and an explanation of where you're going and it's pretty much yours.

And... thanks
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! Congrats to all those with good news!!

We landed last night via Buffalo - Peace Bridge. It was so nice and simple and we were just smiling away. I couldn't stop bouncing up and down - sooooo happy!! Forced the fiancé to let me take some pictures of him at the border and now tomorrow we'll go and sort SIN, OHIP the day after.

So I guess that's it from us! Can't quite believe that! You guys have been the best support system a girl could ask for
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's probably closer to a week - I figure that when the app is sent to London it starts a completely different queue, so it's not dependent on when it was received in Mississauga but when it was sent to London (i.e. Sponsor Approved)
I like your way of thinking...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.