Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Shudda,

Check out these link and info

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...13-eng.html#s4

If a returning Canadian resident did not register with the Canadian government a list of goods that he/she removed from Canada, and if that former Canadian resident will be returning to Canada with a foreign spouse, it is in the couple's interests to list their possession's on the foreign spouse's Goods To Follow list. The reason is that the foreign spouse, as a new settler, will be entitled to bring his/her belongings into Canada duty free. (For more information about Goods To Follow lists, see the information for New Settlers, below.)

However if you have been resident more than a year outside of canda then you also get thing tax free

and this wiki link

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

Before leaving for Canada
Before you leave for Canada, you should prepare two copies of a list (preferably typewritten) of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada as part of your personal effects. The list should indicate the value, make, model and serial number (when applicable) of all the goods.

You should describe each item of jewellery you plan to bring into Canada on the list of goods you submit. Since jewellery is difficult to describe accurately, it is best to use the wording from your insurance policy or jeweller's appraisal and to include photographs that have been dated and signed by the jeweller or a gemologist. This information makes it easier to identify the jewellery when you first enter Canada, and later on when you return from a trip abroad with this jewellery.

Divide the list into two sections. In the first section, list the goods you are bringing with you; in the second, list the goods to follow. Goods that arrive later will only qualify for duty- and tax-free importation under your entitlement as a settler or former resident if they are on your original list.

Items you can import duty- and tax-free
Settlers and Former Residents can include the following personal and household effects in their duty- and tax-free entitlement:

•clothing and linen;
•furniture;
•furnishings;
•appliances;
•silverware;
•jewellery;
•antiques;
•family heirlooms;
•private collections of coins, stamps and art;
•personal computers;
•books;
•musical instruments;
•hobby tools and other hobby items;
•personal vehicles;
•pleasure boats and the trailers to carry them (trailers are subject to Transport Canada requirements);
•mobile trailers, not exceeding 2.6 metres (9 feet) in width, that the owner is capable of moving on his or her own;
•utility trailers;
•motor homes;
•private aircraft; and
•tool sheds or garages that do not attach to or form part of a dwelling.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peng
Hey Shudda-good luck with the move-lets hope our timeines are nearly done.we are approaching the minimum date...if we are following 123me by 10 days then they should start processing it now.

On your move-how does it work with your stuff? You aren't an immigrant jus a returning canadian? I assumed the good to follow was for immigrants. We will have the same situation as my wife and son are canadian-i was assuming I'd put everything in my name but haven't read about it at all so I'd like to know your thoughts.
Did you ever 'de-register'? In Canada I.e did you do anything not too be a resident apart from not filing taxes?
For Ohip-same question-how would they know you were not active on it-just very healthy!

I will look on the london -Canadian embabsy site today but let me know what you found.

123me-glad you found the FBI form-hopefully you will be on tack to finish soon -afterall if that everything that was wrong you know its just time in the queue and you are at the top of the pile!
Peng, right we will go back to the top of the queue. They are in the middle of processing ours so that is good. I think this FBl issue and additional police checks put as back about 2 weeks.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be on here asking landing questions, hopefully you will all still be on here.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Peng, what a great link above for landing.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcdavies81
so i keep hearing about this spreadsheet i managed to even find it once can someone send a link to it and info on how to get added to it thank you,

just submitted my application today
jcdavies81 & Ivesey - the link to the thread that contains the spreadsheet is in my post above, on www.canadavisa.com. As mentioned, just join the site forum and lodge your details on the thread. Pinklady will pick it up and add you from there.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot, is today the day...COPR?
Old Feb 21st 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
Peng, right we will go back to the top of the queue. They are in the middle of processing ours so that is good. I think this FBl issue and additional police checks put as back about 2 weeks.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be on here asking landing questions, hopefully you will all still be on here.
I think its a pretty safe bet for us to be on here in two weeks! Hopefully shudda and i just caugt you up as ours sail straight through and out the door- we hope...
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed on PinkLady's spreadsheet that the January 2012 applications have started getting sponsor approval... The one that was approved today was received January 10th, 15 days before mine! Here's hoping...!!!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

CanuckColleen1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Just noticed on PinkLady's spreadsheet that the January 2012 applications have started getting sponsor approval... The one that was approved today was received January 10th, 15 days before mine! Here's hoping...!!!
Really??? I hope that's the case - I've been diligently checking both mine and my hubby's emails and don't have anything... urgh... this is driving me crazy, but at least there is hope it is going to start soon!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:01 pm
Temporary Canuck

mattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud ofmattieuk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Blurgh - makes me feel even worse - I think I've got my file sitting on the interns desk!

I called up today, and they have receieved it - however our phone system got restarted before I could get around to them telling me what the progress of the processing was.

Ah well - I'm happy in the knowledge that the courier hasn't run off to Bermuda with my application
Old Feb 21st 2012, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
jcdavies81 & Ivesey - the link to the thread that contains the spreadsheet is in my post above, on www.canadavisa.com. As mentioned, just join the site forum and lodge your details on the thread. Pinklady will pick it up and add you from there.
Thank you
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
victorfoxtrot, is today the day...COPR?
Hey - today is the day, but I still don't have it in my hands just yet. We drove to Ottawa on Friday morning (from Toronto) and it still hadn't arrived. I had my mobile permanently in my hand, set to the loudest ringer, awaiting the postman to buzz our apartment. He did (right in the middle of our lunch, and it was VERY loud), and thankfully he very kindly agreed to leave the delivery notice at our apartment front door so it wouldn't get lost. Got back yesterday and post office was closed for family day, so we are going tonight once my boyfriend is back from work - it's addressed to him, so they won't give it to me unfortunately.

Then the plan is to head to Service Canada/Ontario - or wherever it is I need to go and get my health card and SIN number. I'm not sure if we will bother doing the drive to Buffalo, I might just make an appointment and do it here in T.O., because from what I have read, the COPR is sufficient to register for health/SIN cards - you don't actually need to have landed.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peng
I think its a pretty safe bet for us to be on here in two weeks! Hopefully shudda and i just caugt you up as ours sail straight through and out the door- we hope...
Maybe we will all get approved the same week!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

I finally have the COPR in my hands! Picked it up half an hour ago. So the postal mixup has added another 3 weeks to it. I estimate I would have received it on 26th January, based on how long it took for this one to arrive. Just so thankful it is all done and dusted - all in all it took just under 5 months. Thanks for the support on here - I'll be sticking around to find out how everyone's getting on. Good luck, and keep the faith - there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Hey - today is the day, but I still don't have it in my hands just yet. We drove to Ottawa on Friday morning (from Toronto) and it still hadn't arrived. I had my mobile permanently in my hand, set to the loudest ringer, awaiting the postman to buzz our apartment. He did (right in the middle of our lunch, and it was VERY loud), and thankfully he very kindly agreed to leave the delivery notice at our apartment front door so it wouldn't get lost. Got back yesterday and post office was closed for family day, so we are going tonight once my boyfriend is back from work - it's addressed to him, so they won't give it to me unfortunately.

Then the plan is to head to Service Canada/Ontario - or wherever it is I need to go and get my health card and SIN number. I'm not sure if we will bother doing the drive to Buffalo, I might just make an appointment and do it here in T.O., because from what I have read, the COPR is sufficient to register for health/SIN cards - you don't actually need to have landed.
\Well let us know when you have it in your hands. I feel like we have all been waiting forever!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I just read that you have it in your hands. Congrats, and yes please stay on here for awhile yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.