IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by MOT
i have started another thread, but it hasn't appeared for some reason.

I need to know how to pay th efees.

The website is very contradictory.

It first implies you dont pay until they recieve the application, then it clearly states that you have to include payment with the application.

Any ideas?

Are there two fees?

You don't pay until payment is requested - at the moment about 2-3 weeks after receiving your 'Notification of Receipt' email.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:33 am
MOT
Just Joined

MOT is an unknown quantity at this point

omega 4040 - Is this what you have done? I am applying in the UK. London.

I'm worried about sending it off without payment and it getting immediatly refused
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MOT
omega 4040 - Is this what you have done? I am applying in the UK. London.

I'm worried about sending it off without payment and it getting immediatly refused
That's what I've done yeah. Where have you seen that you need to send payment with the application?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:38 am
MOT
Just Joined

its in the instruction guide.... in the step by step guide (look at the fee payment method section)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E4

"Use the table below to calculate the total amount of fees to be paid (all fees are in Canadian dollars). The fees must be included with your application."

Last edited by MOT; Mar 5th 2012 at 8:44 am.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:42 am
MOT
Just Joined

from there - if I follow the links to show the payment options for my office (london), I get to this

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d

where it states again

Methods of payment
(Except for applicants for temporary resident visas in the Nordic countries)

"Applications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a temporary residence application (i.e. to visit, study, or work temporarily) or a permanent resident travel document application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars or a postal order in British pounds. "
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOT
from there - if I follow the links to show the payment options for my office (london), I get to this

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d

where it states again

Methods of payment
(Except for applicants for temporary resident visas in the Nordic countries)

"Applications mailed to our office or dropped off in our drop box:

The fees accompanying a temporary residence application (i.e. to visit, study, or work temporarily) or a permanent resident travel document application must be paid using a Bank Draft / Bank Cheque in Canadian dollars or a postal order in British pounds. "
Re-read it again, paying particular attention to the bit at the top of the page!

Welcome btw.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 9:10 am
MOT
Just Joined

christmasoompa

ha ha

I actually have read that about 5 times. Each time I thought. I'm not a youth. I thought they were talking about some other scheme, designed for 13 to 16 year olds.

sh@t

It suddenly becomes very obvious.

My new problem is, do Canada let slightly retarded people like myself enter the country?

cheers!
Old Mar 5th 2012, 9:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOT
My new problem is, do Canada let slightly retarded people like myself enter the country?
Well, they let me in, so clearly have no standards whatsoever!

Good luck with it all.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 9:16 am
MOT
Just Joined

I'll get it in the post today!

31 in June so this is my last chance
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

groovy_moose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, new here! Just wondering if anyone one who has sent an application in February has received a confirmation of receipt yet?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Nope, mine was signed for on the 13th or 14th of Feb, so I'm hoping to get the confirmation this week....
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

riggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Hawkeye. I had to wait one month for a reply and that was before they put a warning on their website saying they were having problems dealing with all the applications within their time limit.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

scad8585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone

Hope all is going well with the applications, I was wondering if anyone knows of good travel insurance sites which cover you whilst on a IEC visa and also covers health care type of work such as care workers etc
Any info will be much appreciated !
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by scad8585
Hey everyone

Hope all is going well with the applications, I was wondering if anyone knows of good travel insurance sites which cover you whilst on a IEC visa and also covers health care type of work such as care workers etc
Any info will be much appreciated !
Hi, and welcome to BE. A quick search of this thread and the main forum should bring up the names of some recommended companies, but just wanted to check that you are aware that you will need a medical if you want to work in healthcare?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

scad8585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE. A quick search of this thread and the main forum should bring up the names of some recommended companies, but just wanted to check that you are aware that you will need a medical if you want to work in healthcare?

Hey thanks for getting back to me, Ive had my medical and received my LOI at midnight last night
Ive found a few insurance companies such as ACE , and backpackers but it doesnt say if it covers Health care type of work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.