IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

riggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Hey everyone,

I think it would be useful for people who keep checking this thread for stories and experiences to have some more peoples timelines of their applications. My app is currently being processed. I got my letter of receipt email 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for them to send me anything else; either a refusal or a request for payment.

I know it would help me and probably other people if we could see other peoples timelines for comparison (even if they are not complete). I am in a state of limbo of either to resign from my job and risk being refused or not resigning, waiting for news from CHC and then having to delay my trip to Canada because I have to serve 4 weeks notice.

I just want to know if it is many peoples experiences of having to wait longer than 2 weeks for them to check my eligibility and what the current timeframes people ahve been working in.

Thanks
Riggs
Old Mar 13th 2012, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

paulwidnes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

application sent from canada 13th january

COR-7TH FEBUARY
PAYMENT REQUEST -24TH FEBUARY
PASSED TO CIC -2ND MARCH
LOI 6TH MARCH
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the request for payment? I got the email that acknowledged receipt of my application over three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything. The email told me that they would contact me in two weeks!
Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

stewe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulwidnes1
application sent from canada 13th january

COR-7TH FEBUARY
PAYMENT REQUEST -24TH FEBUARY
PASSED TO CIC -2ND MARCH
LOI 6TH MARCH
That is super speedy!
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

alex17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madisonavenue
Hi
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the request for payment? I got the email that acknowledged receipt of my application over three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything. The email told me that they would contact me in two weeks!
Thanks
Took around 3 weeks for me and the same for many others. Don't stress it, they will get back to you. All the best.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

madisonavenue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alex17

Hopefully it will come next week!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:45 am
Just Joined

elliet84 is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my form off last Thursday (15th March) – do you think I’ve left it too late?!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by madisonavenue
Thanks Alex17

Hopefully it will come next week!
No problem, best of luck. Where you heading?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by elliet84
I sent my form off last Thursday (15th March) – do you think I’ve left it too late?!
There's over 3,000 visas left....everyone needs to CALM DOWN.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

elliet84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
There's over 3,000 visas left....everyone needs to CALM DOWN.
Hahahaha OK
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by elliet84
Hahahaha OK
Honestly no point in stressing about it, I did a lot of stressing when all my stuff got stolen but it all works out in the end. So, you might as well just skip the stressing part and try and forget all about it.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

How long is it taking on average to receive the LOI after it has gone through to the final stage? Went through on the 15th and haven't heard anything yet.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Ben3003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I am going to send off the visa application next week, once the police certificate comes through and wondering what people are doing about booking flights etc. By the looks of things the sooner you book the cheaper it's going to be, but are people risking booking flights before getting a visa? If so how long are the leaving it?
I am thinking through this predicament and wondering if anyone has got any advice?

Thanks!!
Ben
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Preetstick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ben3003
Hi everyone,
I am going to send off the visa application next week, once the police certificate comes through and wondering what people are doing about booking flights etc. By the looks of things the sooner you book the cheaper it's going to be, but are people risking booking flights before getting a visa? If so how long are the leaving it?
I am thinking through this predicament and wondering if anyone has got any advice?

Thanks!!
Ben
Hi Ben, being someone that risked booking a flight before sending my visa application - I would advise that you don't. I came across a great deal with canadian affair and bought it 14 weeks in advance thinking that would be plenty of time but it was not. I'm still in the waiting game and with less than 5 weeks till the departure date, I have only just received my notice of receipt. It will make you stress even more as the processing times are only an estimate, not guaranteed.

You could always book a ticket and delay it if you didn't get your visa in time I guess? Or you could do what I am doing and still go before your LOI comes through - wait for it in Canada and then do a trip around the flagpole to activate it!

Hope that's of some help!
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

iBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to alliBoBBa is a name known to all

Just wondering from the guys/gals who have received the receipt to acknowledge they have your application, how long did it take for it to come through to you?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.