IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

I have only had a quick look, but ACE Group and Multitrip seem to be the cheapest insurers. You will want to check the small print to ensure it meets the IEC requirement.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:11 am
Just Joined

steveb88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everyone!

I have a question which I have tried to find the answer from ICE without any luck, and was wondering if anyone can help clarify something for me? I sent my application to London a week ago, with 12 months, 9 weeks and 1 day until my passport officially expires. According to the ICE guidelines, the minimum amount of time remaining on any given passport was 12 months, 1 day and the processing time (which is currently at 8 weeks on average). With this information at hand, I sent the application with all the relevant paperwork and certificates as soon as I could, thinking that a passport would not be needed to be renewed according to the website.

Now, after discovering that some people have waited up to 6 weeks for simply an e-mail confirming receipt of their package, I am beginning to have doubts if this will be processed in time, or if there is an official cut-off point at all. Anyone with similar experiences of the above I would love to hear your side of the story. For example, what do ICE issue if you have less than 2 years left on your passport - i.e. you can't be issued a LOI period of a year to enter Canada then another year after that actually working in Canada. Can a visa simply be given to the expiry date of the passport for example, in such instances?

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated!
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Sweetman1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

On the family information form what type of application do we tick for IEC? The choices are visitor, worker, student or other?
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:50 pm
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sweetman1987
On the family information form what type of application do we tick for IEC? The choices are visitor, worker, student or other?
Worker...
Old Feb 26th 2012, 12:59 am
Just Joined

nodpod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
Worker...
Hi Everyone,

This is just some general info:

I sent off my application on 23rd December
(from Vancouver, Canada)

I know they received my application on 6th Jan, (as I used registered mail Canadian post is so slow!)

Got Confirmation from the IEC they received my application on 17th Jan.
Request for payment - 23rd Jan.
Application passed onto second stage - 30th Jan.
Email asking is I need medical exam - 1st Feb.
recieved LOI - 15th Feb.

I sent my application form from Canada, went to USA and now have my second working Holiday Visa.
At the Border
The only question the immigration officer asked me was if I already have a job, to which I said no (because I didn't). Other than looking at my LOI and passport, he didn't ask to see anything else and I got my Visa within few minutes of handing over my LOI.

Good Luck everyone!
Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

busycouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Everyone,

Can I ask a question, it may seem silly but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.
As far as I can see we only need to download and fill in the 3 pdf's below, apart from the medical declaration. Is that correct or am I missing something else I should be filling out? (I'm not using a representative by the way)
1. IEC Application and Declarations form
2. Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295)
3. Family Information form (IMM5645)
Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

busycouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nodpod
Hi Everyone,

This is just some general info:

I sent off my application on 23rd December
(from Vancouver, Canada)

I know they received my application on 6th Jan, (as I used registered mail Canadian post is so slow!)

Got Confirmation from the IEC they received my application on 17th Jan.
Request for payment - 23rd Jan.
Application passed onto second stage - 30th Jan.
Email asking is I need medical exam - 1st Feb.
recieved LOI - 15th Feb.

I sent my application form from Canada, went to USA and now have my second working Holiday Visa.
At the Border
The only question the immigration officer asked me was if I already have a job, to which I said no (because I didn't). Other than looking at my LOI and passport, he didn't ask to see anything else and I got my Visa within few minutes of handing over my LOI.

Good Luck everyone!
Can I just ask as you applied from within Canada, did you send proof that you are legaly allowed to be in Canada with your forms?

It ask's you to do so here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E4

Question 9 on the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295) section.

It says: If you are not a citizen of the country where you are making your application, you must provide proof of your legal status when you submit your application.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

ScarySquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busycouple
Hey Everyone,

Can I ask a question, it may seem silly but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.
As far as I can see we only need to download and fill in the 3 pdf's below, apart from the medical declaration. Is that correct or am I missing something else I should be filling out? (I'm not using a representative by the way)
1. IEC Application and Declarations form
2. Application for work permit made outside of Canada (IMM1295)
3. Family Information form (IMM5645)
Yes, that's correct. They are the only forms you need to download/complete.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by busycouple
Can I just ask as you applied from within Canada, did you send proof that you are legaly allowed to be in Canada with your forms?

It ask's you to do so here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E4

Question 9 on the Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295) section.

It says: If you are not a citizen of the country where you are making your application, you must provide proof of your legal status when you submit your application.
i did not submit proof, i just mentioned on my application that i was already on a working holiday visa
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:56 am
Just Joined

bing434 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omega4040
I have only had a quick look, but ACE Group and Multitrip seem to be the cheapest insurers. You will want to check the small print to ensure it meets the IEC requirement.
Do you have any details on what these requirements are? I've done a bit of searching and found that prices vary greatly.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

omega4040 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bing434
Do you have any details on what these requirements are? I've done a bit of searching and found that prices vary greatly.
Quite a few people seem to be going with ACE. As I say, I haven't looked in to it in detail yet. The insurance requirements are on the IEC website. The main thing to look out for seems to be that the policy covers repatriation to the UK.

Something else I have heard about (this varies from province to province) is that you can apply for a health care card. I know in Alberta you can apply for this as soon as you arrive- kind of like the NHS from what I gather.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:21 am
Just Joined

bing434 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alberta is my intended destination, too.

I just found a website with a summary and further links to the AHCIP website:

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...documents.aspx

Need to look at what is covered and compare it to a comprehensive UK health insurance plan, I guess.

Thanks for your reply!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bing434
When I came into Canada last year on a working holiday visa, I used Ace insure. BUNAc office had also confirmed that ACE backpaker insurance is fine.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:06 am
MOT
Just Joined

MOT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC visa Payment confusion (UK citizen)

Hi

I've completed all my forms and now ready to send it off.

For the past week I've been trying to work out what to do about the fees.

Starting to get a tad annoying.

The web site is inconclusive.

In some places it says send payment with the application. In others it tells me to send the application without payment then wait to be notified to pay at a later time.

I am unsure if I will be expected to make 2 payments, one with the application and one later specifically for the IEC scheme.

Has anyone here already applied. Can anyone help solve my confusion?

e.g. - in the instruction manual for the work permit (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E4)

but in the IEC fees section - (http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...is.aspx?view=d)

Thanks for reading!

Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:24 am
MOT
Just Joined

MOT is an unknown quantity at this point

i have started another thread, but it hasn't appeared for some reason.

I need to know how to pay th efees.

The website is very contradictory.

It first implies you dont pay until they recieve the application, then it clearly states that you have to include payment with the application.

Any ideas?

Are there two fees?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.