IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Jan 29th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

My sons girlfriend sent hers a couple of days after new Year. She received it all back in the post on Thursday asking her to remove the chq and send it back again!!!
So frustrating, couldn't they have just destroyed the chq????
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:56 am
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting paranoid about the lack of contact from them regarding whether they received my £90 or not. What if I don't hear before the 12 day deadline? Getting in a panic here
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

cattym is an unknown quantity at this point

they asked me for payment on the 13th Jan and I transferred it the same day. not heard anything either, but am going on the basis that no news is good news!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:37 am
Just Joined

lauben is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of people are asking about timing from sending payment.

I sent payment last week on receipt of letter of acceptance. I have just received a letter saying that I have been accepted by the IEC and my application is now being sent to the CIC (visa section). I'm guessing that this means payment has been accepted although it doesn't outrightly state.

It says that the CIC will come back to me within 6 weeks (processing time for Visa). If unsuccesful the IEC will refund the money.

I hope this makes things clearer for some of you.

Can't believe this next bit can take up to 6 weeks! This is so stressful!!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

^It says that, but I'm sure I've seen people on the facebook group who got their LOI in a much shorter time (in some cases around a week).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I receive my next stage letter today. It's been 11 days (including weekends) since I sent payment...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my LOI today

yipeee!! Another 12 months in Canada- I cannot wait.....
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

wheelycoyote is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Got my LOI today

yipeee!! Another 12 months in Canada- I cannot wait.....
Congrats sinbad! How long did you wait for your LOI after your application went to the Visa office?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wheelycoyote
I'm getting paranoid about the lack of contact from them regarding whether they received my £90 or not. What if I don't hear before the 12 day deadline? Getting in a panic here
I was very worried about this aswell, I just sent the money via the internet with only iec as a reference and my name using the account number and sort code they provded about a week later on thursday the 19th I had an email about the medical thing and not to respond to it if I didnt need one, then last thursday or friday I just got an email saying i was through the 2nd phase.. I emailed twice and didnt hear anything untill the medical thing and then the acceptance to the 2nd phase.... I think the medical form email is holding some of them up

today I got the email saying my application to work in canada has been approved :S very fast... thats like 2 working days between emails from them...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wheelycoyote
Congrats sinbad! How long did you wait for your LOI after your application went to the Visa office?
Thanks

Timeline:
20th Dec- Sent my application from Canada via Fedex
22nd Dec- Notification from Fedex that my package has reached the embassy
4th Jan- Notice of receipt from embassy.
10th Jan- Payment requested.
10th Jan- Payment sent.
16th Jan- Notification that my visa has been passed onto the "second phase".
18th Jan- Email asking me if I need a medical examination.
30th Jan- LOI received.

Turnaround time was really quick- considering that there was the Christmas break. Although it did not feel quick when you are checking your emails every 30 seconds....
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

Congrats sinbad Man, this waiting and not knowing is going to kill me...
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Congrats sinbad! You're already in Canada on last years IEC, right? Did you send a copy of your work permit from this year with your new application?
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

DebRob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stonecoldstrain
Hey people,
I have just received a letter of rejection from the IEC initiative. Here is the reason why:
[ X ] The information contained in your application package does not clearly indicate you meet
the eligibility criteria of having habitually resided (i.e. physically lived) in the UK for at least 18
months cumulative from over the last three (3) years directly prior to submitting your IEC
application.

This is incorrect as in the last 3yrs I have only lived in Australia for 15.5 months on a working holiday visa. All other time spent out the country was on vacation and as far as I can tell that doesn't count towards the 18 months habitual residency! I have emailed them explaining my position but if you guys have any experience or input on the matter I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks
Craig
could you tell me what email address you used to contact them. I'm concerened that i'm going to be in the position. I have done one 1-year BUNAC visa for canada followed by one IEC visa (which i'm currently 7 months into). Didn't realise that this was going to be a problem agh!
Old Jan 30th 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
Congrats sinbad! You're already in Canada on last years IEC, right? Did you send a copy of your work permit from this year with your new application?
Thanks- yes I am here on last years IEC- No I did not send a copy of my work permit, but I entered the details of it on (ie expiry date) on the IMM1295E form.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Thanks- yes I am here on last years IEC- No I did not send a copy of my work permit, but I entered the details of it on (ie expiry date) on the IMM1295E form.
Super, thanks!

Congrats again.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Well, today was the deadline to pay my fees and I still haven't gotten a confirmation. So I'm going to be on the edge of my seat all day expecting an email that says my money went missing between here and there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.