Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:31 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Considering we (AOR Aug '10) are looking at a possible wait for medicals until April next year, which would mean the entire process being finished no earlier than say September 2013...yep, I think that's very possible!
.. even end 2013 is very much a possibility!
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

This is strange - with the letter i had in the post in Feb asking for doc updates, it stated that it'll take 4 more months to process.

Now i sent my updated pack of doc's at end of Feb, and that would make it June when i will hear about meds.

Whether or not i get another letter then stating 6-12 months is another matter, but it's strange to send such different mails to everyone.

FYI - my role - IS/IT Managers was in MI1 and taken off MI2. I've got fingers crossed that all is done and dusted by July 1st, as i have plans to work in the US from Aug - Feb and then move to Toronto in April 2013.

MS.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

This is strange - with the letter i had in the post in Feb asking for doc updates, it stated that it'll take 4 more months to process.

Now i sent my updated pack of doc's at end of Feb, and that would make it June when i will hear about meds.

Whether or not i get another letter then stating 6-12 months is another matter, but it's strange to send such different mails to everyone.
I agree MS, I think everyone is a bit confused by what is going on, however, I think you'll be ok as your application was actually put into processing after being reviewed, whereas the guys getting the letters sent are being told that they've been reviewed and are eligible for further processing but at a later stage - I might be wrong though
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by scotty1974
I agree MS, I think everyone is a bit confused by what is going on, however, I think you'll be ok as your application was actually put into processing after being reviewed, whereas the guys getting the letters sent are being told that they've been reviewed and are eligible for further processing but at a later stage - I might be wrong though
Oh ok - i should have read into peoples timelines before stirring the pot a bit more.

Thanks mate for clarifying - i think your summasing is correct
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:41 am
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

Update on my timeline. Received an email from the office today with an attached PDF, the final requirements letter. This is it! Now need to submit a copy of my passport, updated photos all within 30 days.

As I am a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to visit Canada, they say they no longer require the actual passport.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digg
Update on my timeline. Received an email from the office today with an attached PDF, the final requirements letter. This is it! Now need to submit a copy of my passport, updated photos all within 30 days.

As I am a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to visit Canada, they say they no longer require the actual passport.
Congratulations digg, and it's good to see a fellow 0213-er getting PR, our timeline is similar but we were a bit slow to return updated info, but your progress is very encouraging.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great news!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

digg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Congratulations digg, and it's good to see a fellow 0213-er getting PR, our timeline is similar but we were a bit slow to return updated info, but your progress is very encouraging.
I sent my updated info (criminal record checks, CAD cheque, etc.) on 09/04/2012 so less than a month ago!
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:47 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Dear all who have recieved the 6-12 months wait letter - read below - this is reply to a case specific enquiry sent to Singapore CHC. Interesting indeed

April 27, 2012, 02:11:35 am »

Dear Ms XXXXX,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

We are pleased to advise you that your application has been assessed, and that you have been determined to meet the eligibility requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker category.

As you may already be aware, changes to immigration law in 2008 allow Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) to set, through Ministerial Instructions, the number and type of applications considered for processing each year, and the order in which these applications will be processed. You may wish to consult this page for more information on the Ministerial Instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Your application was determined to be eligible under the first set of Ministerial Instructions, as it was received between February 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010. A second set of Ministerial Instructions applies to applications received between June 26, 2010 and June 30, 2011. Processing priority is now being given to Skilled Worker applications that meet the eligibility criteria in a third set of Ministerial Instructions, for applications received from July 1, 2011.

The number of Federal Skilled Worker applications approved by the Singapore visa office has exceeded the visa target we have been allocated for this category under Canada's annual Immigration Levels Plan. We are carefully managing the finalization of applications to ensure that the applicants with skills and work experience that meet current labour market needs - i.e. those who applied under the most recent set of Ministerial Instructions - are issued visas on a priority basis. For applications received under earlier sets of Ministerial Instructions, we will proceed with the final steps of processing (e.g. medical examination, statutory checks) only when we have sufficient target space to be able to issue visas in the coming year.

Applications received under the first set of Ministerial instructions will be processed to finalization on the basis of when they were received. Applicants who applied earlier (from February 27, 2008 onward) will be contacted before those who applied later (up to June 25, 2010). When we are ready to continue processing your application, we will contact you with instructions. Until then, the only information you are required to provide to our office is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address

- Marriage, birth, or death in the applicant's immediate family

- Request to withdraw the application and refund the application fees

- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada

- Change to the applicant's representation (to engage, change, or revoke a paid representative, the form IMM 5476 Use of a Representative must be completed and signed by the applicant, then sent to our office)

In all correspondence with our office, remember to quote the applicant's file number, full name and date of birth.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Facsimile | Télécopieur : (65) 6854-5874
E-mail Address | Adresse courriel : Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Website | Site Web : www.cic.gc.ca | www.singapore.gc.ca
Street Address | Adresse de rue: One George Street, #11-01, Singapore 049145
Mailing Address | Adresse d'expédition : P.O. Box 845, Robinson Road, Singapore 901645
Old May 7th 2012, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future

Well, after the elation of being told we'd gone in to process, we've now received the standard reply that is being issued about the 6-12 month wait. I take it that means that they have reviewed OH's eligibility under the NOC code and his duties match??

Can't help but wonder whether 6-12 months will then turn in to 12-18 mths etc! Oh well, should be used to waiting by now.

Wozzie
Old May 9th 2012, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Leon05 is an unknown quantity at this point

received my passport request today. Passports sent Thanks to every one here. Wish every one all the best....
Old May 9th 2012, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Leon - hmm nearly 3mths wait from medicals to PPR is long. We had meds done 1/5/12 so could easily be August till we get PPR. We'll see. We're not ready to go for a while anyway - its just that your landing needs to be done within 12mths of medical so by delaying issue of visas yo uhave an even smaller window in whcih to make your landing. We intend doing landing early next year and not actually making the move for a year or two so we can build a warchest of funds to help while job searching in Alberta.
Old May 9th 2012, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Leon05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99problems
Leon - hmm nearly 3mths wait from medicals to PPR is long. We had meds done 1/5/12 so could easily be August till we get PPR. We'll see. We're not ready to go for a while anyway - its just that your landing needs to be done within 12mths of medical so by delaying issue of visas yo uhave an even smaller window in whcih to make your landing. We intend doing landing early next year and not actually making the move for a year or two so we can build a warchest of funds to help while job searching in Alberta.
I am sure yours will be quicker than 3 months. there is no clear time line to this process. I feel its sometimes random. I intend to land in Jan 2013. Just want to get my passports back and then book my tickets to Canada...

Last edited by Leon05; May 9th 2012 at 10:07 pm.
Old May 10th 2012, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

We just received our med requests this morning!
Old May 10th 2012, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Leon / Maplesauce - what are your plans for securing work in Canada? Are you going to go out there, find somewhere to live then get hunting or will you attempt to get something whilst still living in the UK? I think its nearly impossible to get somethign without being on the ground as most jobs are through networking etc but you need to be sure you have enough cash to see you through a couple of months hunting....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.