Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Leon05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

FSW Application: 31/12/2009
CC Charged 03/2010
Application to CHC London: 06/2010
AOR: 27/07/2010
In process: 17/05/2011
Meds request: 19/01/2012
Additional documents sent( photos ect..): 22/01/2012
Meds done: 14/02/2012

I received a letter on the 28/02/2012 stating that I needed to send them a bankers draft...did that on the 2nd of March 2012.

i still haven't received my passport request.....should I be worried or are others in the same boat here...

How long should it take after the meds to receive the passport requests?....do London CIC send and email or do they sent a letter....?

Your help is appreciated.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my passport requests today! Fantastic news as my meds where only done last Tuesday.

Lots of confusion about whether they need the original passport or not. I dont have two blank pages, if there is no visa though - I guess this is no problem :s (i hope).
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Our updated info (new generic application form, additional family information, schedule A, travel history, police certs and photos) should arrive at the High Commission in London this morning, day 81 of the 90 days we were given to submit. We also added our 6 week old son to our application.
Phew... next step - Med requests, we hope.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

abdbassam is an unknown quantity at this point

today mu ecas changed to Your application was reviewed and we started processing 19 march 2012
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Our updated info (new generic application form, additional family information, schedule A, travel history, police certs and photos) should arrive at the High Commission in London this morning, day 81 of the 90 days we were given to submit. We also added our 6 week old son to our application.
Just ahead of you. the two letters to me - one with med's one without... ended up being just a request for updated info. Good Luck!
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:11 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abdbassam
today mu ecas changed to Your application was reviewed and we started processing 19 march 2012
Congratulations Abdbassam, lets hope your medicals follow soon.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
Lucky you! Congrats!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:31 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Lucky you! Congrats!
Hang in there anunlikelyunion
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by unusual78
Hang in there anunlikelyunion
yeah positive thoughts nolikeyonions Raining here in Kingston so you're not missing anything.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
yeah positive thoughts nolikeyonions Raining here in Kingston so you're not missing anything.
So it's raining in Kingston, is it Candida Papers? Let me inform you that we've had torrential rainfalls, hailstones the size of bloody golf balls and a gale blowing out there for the last week! Never you worry about your little bit of rain, mate! lol
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

So guys, we've just been thrown a total curve ball. What do you make of this?

Dear Madam/Sir,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. It has been reviewed by an officer
and found to be eligible for further processing. We anticipate being able to advise you of the next
processing steps in 6 to 12 months' time.
PI~ase note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed
necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or
buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.
Please do not make any case status requests during the next 12 months as they will not be answered.

don't know how to feel about this letter, on one hand I am elated to hear that they seem to have processed our paperwork but on the other hand we are gutted that the medical may be 6-12 months away! That's SO long! Has anyone else had this letter? My head's all over the place... (But then I'm only a ditzy blonde at the best of times so that's not an entirely new experience for me.)

Last edited by anunlikelyunion; Apr 27th 2012 at 7:17 pm. Reason: Just proving a point...ditzy blonde!! lol
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got our visas in the post yesterday, didnt expect them to be so big, i wasnt exactley sure what i was expecting, maybe someting stuck in my passport but not this huge bit of paper thats for sure. so excited its finally over and we can plan to activate this year.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Well done

Hope we will be in your position this time next year
All the best
Old Apr 29th 2012, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by graham and george
Well done

Hope we will be in your position this time next year
All the best
That's a little worrying, do you really think we could still be waiting for our PR visa's a year from now?? Scary thought to say the least
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bal uk
That's a little worrying, do you really think we could still be waiting for our PR visa's a year from now?? Scary thought to say the least
Considering we (AOR Aug '10) are looking at a possible wait for medicals until April next year, which would mean the entire process being finished no earlier than say September 2013...yep, I think that's very possible!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.