Flybalaton

Old May 26th 2010, 9:13 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybalaton

Hi, just to say thanks to those who have signed the petition, 39 signatures in less than 24 hours! Let's keep it up.
I have made a leaflet which can be printed off (you may have to resize it if printing A4 size) giving details of the petition in English, German and Hungarian. The translations are computer generated and therefore will not be 100%, if anyone is fluent in either German or Hungarian and wishes to forward me a better translation, I will amend the original.

I was hoping that we could hand these out at events such as the up coming boot fair and ask local shops, businesses, pubs etc to display them; after all it will have an effect on local tourism. If even a small percentage of the population around Balaton sign the petition, we might just get enough for Easyjet to seriously consider the route. As we are all aware, tourism (especially from Britain) has suffered immensely in the past couple of years, this affects everyone and I know the majority would be more than willing to sign the petition, we just have to make them aware of it's existence. Sooooo, please print off a stack of the leaflets, keep them in your car and hand them out when and wherever you can.

Thanks again

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/petition.jpg
Old May 28th 2010, 7:36 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Latest update, we are now past the 100 mark on the petition and I have had some great offers of support. The leaflet is now being translated, properly, into German and Hungarian so that it can be distributed over the next couple of weeks. Once it has been updated, I would be really grateful if everyone could print off a few copies and hand them out at your local shop, post office and pub, if everyone does so we should be able to cover quite a large area.
Thanks again for keeping this going.
Old May 31st 2010, 11:28 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Poster has now been updated with the correct translations. It can be downloaded as a jpg or winword document.
Thanks

Winword document

Jpg image file
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:25 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

If anybody is having problems accessing the above files, try this:
Right click on the link then select "save link" you will then be prompted to save the file, click save and you have the file ready for printing.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
If anybody is having problems accessing the above files, try this:
Right click on the link then select "save link" you will then be prompted to save the file, click save and you have the file ready for printing.
I think I must be being very thick but I simply can't get the new petition to work therefore can't sensibly pass it on to others to sign.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:57 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi John, I emailed it to you on Tuesday, let me know if you haven't received it. It may have went to your spam folder.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:10 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John, I emailed it to you on Tuesday, let me know if you haven't received it. It may have went to your spam folder.
Thanks - I will check & come back to you

John
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:47 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi John, just in case you or somebody else is still having problems; a PDF version (you will need adobe acrobat to open it) can be found here:

http://www.4shared.com/document/W-l4t-wG/petition.html

click the link, wait 20 seconds then click "download file now". I will add the fliers soon
Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:42 pm
Veszprém Megye

Hi John, just in case you or somebody else is still having problems; a PDF version (you will need adobe acrobat to open it) can be found here:

http://www.4shared.com/document/W-l4t-wG/petition.html

click the link, wait 20 seconds then click "download file now". I will add the fliers soon
Many thanks Rural.

I have past on to a couple of Hungarian friends who also used Fly Balaton & maybe they will sign & email on.

All the best

John
Old Jun 27th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

I signed the petition some weeks ago.
It's now over a month and there are only 205 signatures.
This is not going to persuade Easyjet or anyone else of a need to fly to Balaton.
Very disappointing.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:41 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi, totally agree. Unfortunately I have limited time and had hoped others would get busy with putting up posters, handing out fliers etc but so far there have only been a couple, that I know of, doing so.

To be honest, I think many people are resigned to the fact that flights from the UK to Flybalaton are not going to recommence in the near future and unless the new management get it together pretty soon, I would have to agree.

However, there are rumours that SCD are in talks with Ryanair but considering Ryanair recently stated they would not fly into Sarmellek again, I'll leave you to draw your own conclusion.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Alba Airport szekesfehervar

Does anyone know any more about the above airport?? Any news on if its opening or not?. We cant seem to find any info after about 2008 !!! Has this gone to the same fate as Sarmellek???
Old Sep 1st 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

borschelrh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alba Airport szekesfehervar

I the airport in Veszprem is held up indefinitely due to the citizens of Balatonalmaldi concerned over noise abatement. I suspect the Szekesfehervar is in the same situation. Money is really the issue.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Les and Jenn, I have moved this to the Flybalaton thread as it has been previously mentioned on here. The status is still the same as it was in May and as borschelrh says the Vesprem airport looks to be a non starter as there were also complaints and petitions by environmental groups. To be honest, in the current economic state, I think it unlikely that a new airport will become operational anytime in the near future.
We will be forwarding the petition to Easyjet and Wizz Air in 2-3 weeks time. It would be great if anyone in the area could print off flyers or posters to put up/hand out locally.
They are PDF format and the easiest way is usually to right click on the link and select "save file as" or "save link as" which will save it to the hard drive, it can then be opened and printed.

The links are:

www.balatonbase.com/flyer.pdf
www.balatonbase.com/petition.pdf
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

We are next in Hungary mid September so will print some off and post in Zalavar. I think you are right its very unlikely that there will be an alternative airport to Budapest in the near future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.