Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:08 am   #106
MA17 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 103
MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDia View Post
Sharing timeline. I hope this helps someone
Applying from: Bangkok
Biometric date: 28th April
Receipt from Sheffield: 5th May 2017
No contact for 12 weeks then not straightforward email and asked for documents within 7 days: 24th July

Documents sent: 26th July

No news whatsoever for several weeks. Phoned call centre hundreds of times, escalated 5-6 times (useless), contacted MP MANY timed. My husband had a meeting with MP too. He didn't give up.
Got another not straightforward email end of August (since we demanded an answer from call centre/ or from MP enquiring, I think?)

Received email that they will aim to do it before 31st October (even though 24 weeks is 13th October). This was a blanket email to many on 25th September.

Received phone call from Bangkok embassy asking for the same documents that Sheffield had asked for: 3rd October
(Resent to them right away)

Another call from embassy asking new travel intention date: 4th October

Got Decision made email (from VFS not Sheffield): 4th October
*not recognised shows on the tracking page & appears inactive for months now

Received visa by post: 6th October
VISA GRANTED!

Total 22+ weeks till decision was made. 23 weeks exactly till I got my passport back

I have to say, keep calling your MP to follow up. I think that makes a difference. Also trust in the Lord. It will come!

I remember reading others' positive news and wondering if my turn will ever come.
It has been a very stressful time - thank you everybody for your support on these forums. I hope my experience will help give someone hope too.
Congratulation so happy for you. We have similar timeline but i guess your file was dealt with by british embassy not sheffield. Do you think i should bother my MP again? MP never answer me anymore...well hope you have a safe trip and all the best. I hope we hear good news soon me and everyone on 90 + days...
MA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th 2017, 7:33 am   #107
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 52
PinkDia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA17 View Post
Congratulation so happy for you. We have similar timeline but i guess your file was dealt with by british embassy not sheffield. Do you think i should bother my MP again? MP never answer me anymore...well hope you have a safe trip and all the best. I hope we hear good news soon me and everyone on 90 + days...
Yes! Ask to see him/her! They have to it's their job.
List out everything like on this date they said not straightforward then they say they are busy etc
PinkDia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 9:40 pm   #108
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 66
ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

We've joined the seemingly dwindling band of 90+ day people, as we are now at 94 days. Hopefully none of us are going to be here much longer. It's irritating to see many non-priority cases being processed in 60 days or less now.
ryongsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:05 pm   #109
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 6
NativeTexan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

I paid for Priority Processing and I have now been waiting for 92 work days. My case has been "escalated" multiple times, and I received the Oct 31 email.
NativeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th 2017, 11:10 pm   #110
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
higharcticsikkaasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Shot in the dark question for those regulars on here: Does there appear to be, generally speaking of course, shorter processing times for those from certain countries?

I'm applying from Canada and debating whether to pay priority of not. Any observations/advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
higharcticsikkaasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 5:27 pm   #111
MA17 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 103
MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by higharcticsikkaasi View Post
Shot in the dark question for those regulars on here: Does there appear to be, generally speaking of course, shorter processing times for those from certain countries?

I'm applying from Canada and debating whether to pay priority of not. Any observations/advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Best to find out from the visa centre you are applying from and highlight to them that you are already aware of the delays. Now my advise to you is if you are positive that your case is very straightforward and doesnt need referral then dont do priority bcoz it will be 60 business days anyway. However if your case is not straightforward especially if you ate self emlpoyed or you had a refusal before, then dont do priority they will only take your money and expect 6 months or more.

My case is very straightforward but they asked for a divorce certifocate which i provided withon the timescale and now starting 24th weeks. Just for a document that is not requested because we provided marriage certificate in France which never agree to it if it is not valid marriage.
MA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:02 pm   #112
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 9
higharcticsikkaasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA17 View Post
Best to find out from the visa centre you are applying from and highlight to them that you are already aware of the delays. Now my advise to you is if you are positive that your case is very straightforward and doesnt need referral then dont do priority bcoz it will be 60 business days anyway. However if your case is not straightforward especially if you ate self emlpoyed or you had a refusal before, then dont do priority they will only take your money and expect 6 months or more.

My case is very straightforward but they asked for a divorce certifocate which i provided withon the timescale and now starting 24th weeks. Just for a document that is not requested because we provided marriage certificate in France which never agree to it if it is not valid marriage.
That's a good idea at the biometrics appointment; asking about potential delays. I'd hope ours was fairly straightforward, though you never know I guess.

Good luck with the rest of your application.
higharcticsikkaasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th 2017, 7:44 pm   #113
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 54
haldane86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by higharcticsikkaasi View Post
That's a good idea at the biometrics appointment; asking about potential delays. I'd hope ours was fairly straightforward, though you never know I guess.

Good luck with the rest of your application.
I applied from Canada and my application was processed before the 60 working day mark with non priority.
haldane86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:15 am   #114
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 66
ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by higharcticsikkaasi View Post
Shot in the dark question for those regulars on here: Does there appear to be, generally speaking of course, shorter processing times for those from certain countries?

I'm applying from Canada and debating whether to pay priority of not. Any observations/advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance.
From anecdotal evidence, it does seem like applications from countries that are considered high-risk are more likely to be delayed, but there have also been plenty of people from places like the US/Aus/Can delayed too. It must help the ECO not having to look at translations, though.
ryongsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 8:28 am   #115
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 112
KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Not sure if I posted this here. apologies if duplicate. I just want to wish you all the best of luck.

Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.
Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.
We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.
Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
KernowIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:07 am   #116
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 188
j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

I got my documents back from Sheffield - so looks like my case has been assigned to an ECO - Rang solicitor this morning and he told me, they came back fairly quickly he said. So atleast that's something.

Non priority. Biometrics was on 9th September. Online app submitted 7th September. So been exactly a month now. 23 business days. I wish i get the decision made email this month! It's a big ask with it being a Pakistan application. They tend to take more time to process.
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 3:56 pm   #117
MA17 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 103
MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by higharcticsikkaasi View Post
That's a good idea at the biometrics appointment; asking about potential delays. I'd hope ours was fairly straightforward, though you never know I guess.

Good luck with the rest of your application.
Thank you!
MA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th 2017, 4:00 pm   #118
MA17 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 103
MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernowIan View Post
Not sure if I posted this here. apologies if duplicate. I just want to wish you all the best of luck.

Hi everyone, sorry not been in touch. Last week was a bit sensitive and I decided to keep quiet. My MP verbally by phone (two calls to me) promised to meet and engage with the appropriate government Minister at the Conservative Party Conference. He did exactly as he promised.
Almost instantaneously my wife got a call from the Embassy in Bangkok seeking clarity on the A1 Certificate which evidently got mislaid in Sheffield. Once clarified, my wife got another call from the Embassy in Bangkok on Wednesday asking her what date she would like to travel. On Thursday decision made email received and SMS message to her phone, followed by Courier tracker by SMS for the passport now despatched. This morning the passport arrived in Northern Thailand APPROVED. Vignette in order. 116 working days.
We believe Sheffield were directed to send the whole application back to Bangkok, and it was the consular staff in the Embassy that processed it. We deduce Sheffield are totally unable to cope with the backlog of forgotten applications.
Our advice here is clear, persevere with you MP, remain calm, and non confrontational. We wish each of you the very best of luck.
Hi there, please how do you get to speak to your MP. Mine is useless they never pick the phone and if they do you speak to somone who gives you the standard answer. I asked for a copy of their correspondence with Sheffield an assistant told me she calls using MP hotline. So basically never bothered to write to them.
MA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:42 am   #119
j4v3d Male
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 188
j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA17 View Post
Hi there, please how do you get to speak to your MP. Mine is useless they never pick the phone and if they do you speak to somone who gives you the standard answer. I asked for a copy of their correspondence with Sheffield an assistant told me she calls using MP hotline. So basically never bothered to write to them.
Find out where the local MP office is and walk in demanding he makes an appointment for you. That's what i would do, no avoiding you then.
j4v3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:30 am   #120
MA17 
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 103
MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sheffield Settlement Visa +90 Day Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4v3d View Post
Find out where the local MP office is and walk in demanding he makes an appointment for you. That's what i would do, no avoiding you then.
Hi j4v3d i have alreadt spoke to the office but they never agreed to meet witv my MP even tho they know i voted for her which i regret now coz been very helpless
MA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Moving back to the UK / Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com