Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 7th 2017, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by maysaosama
I had my biometrice taken in 21 June 2017 and the acknowledge email on 5 July 2017 , today I completed 55 working days , My solicitor contacted Home office and they said all spouse visas are pending and asked her to call back next week, any body has the same response.
That seems a strange think to say! My MP has spoken to them 4 times and their roundabout answer is that they are working on our documents, so unless there are extensive background checks (which is possible for the Philippines) then we should be getting answers! As usual for the Home Office everything is always vague. Keep us informed I am interested in your response.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of
Default Re: Uk Spouse Visa issues with Sheffield 2017

Originally Posted by Walker87
Anyone have over 82 working days?
I haven't heard anything from Sheffield till I send to the Documants...
Also I haven't received my original documents back
Your supposed to receive them back but don't be alarmed! I have not received mine either and am on 84 days. You could try emailing them I spent a fortune trying to find out.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

IKInd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Walker87
Anyone have over 82 working days?
I haven't heard anything from Sheffield till I send to the Documants...
Also I haven't received my original documents back
106 working days,
Old Sep 7th 2017, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Sophie28 is an unknown quantity at this point

56 working days and still no news.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:03 am
Just Joined

Bushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really niceBushy911 is just really nice

Hello All,

Keep the faith. It will happen. Our passports with visas inside accompanied with the correct travel document arrived on week 21. All our supporting documents arrived separately as well.
We were a non priority application. Bios were April 13th.

It will happen. It's a long, painful, stressful and trying time, but it will happen.
All the best to everyone, as the reunion with loved ones is a great feeling!!
Old Sep 7th 2017, 7:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bushy911
Hello All,

Keep the faith. It will happen. Our passports with visas inside accompanied with the correct travel document arrived on week 21. All our supporting documents arrived separately as well.

It will happen. It's a long, painful, stressful and trying time, but it will happen.
What a lovely uplifting post for everyone.
It emanates hope, grit, patience and determination.

Have some BE karma.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:53 am
Just Joined

MandyD is an unknown quantity at this point

My first post ........... 85 working days

May 11th online application
15th May - Biometrics Havana, Cuba
Escalated several times, numerous calls and emails
MP has phoned twice including Monday this week
11th August - Awaiting ECO review since 11th August
No notification of anything missing except pre-paid envelope (which was in the pack) sent that and signed notification 14th August
1st September - MP contacted Sheffield
1st September - another email asking for a pre-paid envelope from Sheffield
4th September - MP contacted Sheffield - was told envelope was received and application is waiting ECO review as of 11th August
4th September - email confirming receipt of pre-paid envelope

My husband is in Cuba with Hurricane Irma bearing right down expected to hit the island on Friday this week. Called the helpline numerous times. I have been back to visit my husband 4 times since the application was submitted but I cannot take any more time off work plus the travel costs are prohibitive. With the Hurricane coming it is extra stress and hassle - I just do not know what to do. Communication is difficult and expensive at the best of times with the cheapest phone call services being at least 50p a minute with extremely poor inaccessible internet services for Cubans, as the five star hotels are not available for their use so its street hub access point in limited locations at a high cost for the locals. I am really stressed and losing heart over this. I fear for his safety and my sanity.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bushy911
Hello All,

Congratulations 🎉🎊
thanks for keeping us informed & for the positivity 👊🏿
Old Sep 7th 2017, 10:28 am
Just Joined

MandyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Garyede - I couldnt private message you as I am too new but please add my statistics

11 May Online submission
15 May Biometrics - Havana, Cuba
3 August 1st escalation after 60 days
8 August 2nd escalation as first one never got submitted
11 August Documents awaiting review with ECO and request for PrePaid envelope (sent that day and signed for on 14 August)
15 August - raised issue with MP
30 August 3rd escalation - following previous escalation 15 days and nothing
1 September - MP called Home Office
1 September - email from Sheffield asking for ANOTHER pre-paid envelope
4 September - MP called Home office re envelope and visa - envelope found but no news on visa except awaiting ECO review since 14 August
4 September - email from Sheffield confirming receipt of envelope but not able to confirm how long we will have to wait for decision

83 Long Days and now HURRICANE IRMA hitting Cuba on Friday .............

Last edited by MandyD; Sep 7th 2017 at 10:29 am. Reason: To add name of person addressing message to
Old Sep 7th 2017, 11:34 am
Just Joined

maysaosama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
That seems a strange think to say! My MP has spoken to them 4 times and their roundabout answer is that they are working on our documents, so unless there are extensive background checks (which is possible for the Philippines) then we should be getting answers! As usual for the Home Office everything is always vague. Keep us informed I am interested in your response.
My solicitor said that according to Home office , I quote from her saying there were Judgment pending to all spouse visa , still dont know what is that mean, anyway the same solicitor said last week that people she applied for their visa in the same she did for us they got answers .
I now cant say what is happening , is it the home office or the solicitor or maybe the call center ( they dont have a clue).

I will be waiting for next week , on Monday I call my solicitor first thing in the morning.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 11:41 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My solicitor said that according to Home office , I quote from her saying there were Judgment pending to all spouse visa , still dont know what is that mean, anyway the same solicitor said last week that people she applied for their visa in the same she did for us they got answers .
I now cant say what is happening , is it the home office or the solicitor or maybe the call center ( they dont have a clue).

I will be waiting for next week , on Monday I call my solicitor first thing in the morning.
I think you'll find it's the Home Office. All offshore settlement visa processing was moved back to the UK early this year, without there being enough trained staff to deal with the huge increase in workload. As bad as that was, I think the attempts to cover this up with excuses such as blanket 'your application is not straightforward' emails are disgraceful. Just own up!

A Court judgement relating to the income requirements and children has just make the situation worse. Can't recall the name of the judgement off the top of my head, it's some way back in this thread or you can Google it.

It's definitely not the people working on the applications and at the call centre who are at fault, it's the (lack of) forward planning by 'the bosses'.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think you'll find it's the Home Office. All offshore settlement visa processing was moved back to the UK early this year, without there being enough trained staff to deal with the huge increase in workload. As bad as that was, I think the attempts to cover this up with excuses such as blanket 'your application is not straightforward' emails are disgraceful. Just own up!

A Court judgement relating to the income requirements and children has just make the situation worse. Can't recall the name of the judgement off the top of my head, it's some way back in this thread or you can Google it.

It's definitely not the people working on the applications and at the call centre who are at fault, it's the (lack of) forward planning by 'the bosses'.
You are totally right, but what about the people , I have paid for my studies and my husband still waiting for me from 150 days ,I might have to deffer my studies because of home office visa issues
Old Sep 7th 2017, 11:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You are totally right, but what about the people , I have paid for my studies and my husband still waiting for me from 150 days ,I might have to deffer my studies because of home office visa issues
I don't have any answers to that, I don't work for the Home Office.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 11:47 am
Just Joined

I was just saying , I know you dont work for Home office
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

If you was working for the HO we wouldn't be in this mess!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.