Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Thanks Gary,

After reading that I've had a look on the TLS Contact website and there is a complaints section on there, it might be worth a shot trying that route if it comes to it.
Although I'm keeping my hopes up that there's an update tomorrow when I call...
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pabonline
Is that cancellation or a request for compensation?

I am also on day 60 priority with no news...
Oh no dont do this. Pls guys dont give wrong info if you are not sure. This would actually cancel your application and it wont be refunded. To get priority fees refunded it has to be via an official complaint and many have got it back. How long have you been waiting? Also you can go to VFS centre and tell them off and you should get your money back
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MA17
Oh no dont do this. Pls guys dont give wrong info if you are not sure. This would actually cancel your application and it wont be refunded. To get priority fees refunded it has to be via an official complaint and many have got it back. How long have you been waiting? Also you can go to VFS centre and tell them off and you should get your money back
Yes that was the wrong procedure, thanks for clarifying it.

We have both been waiting 60 days. How long do we need to have been waiting to make a successful claim for priority fee refund through complaint?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Yes apologies for giving the wrong information. Lesson learned. Please ignore my post. Maybe the moderator can remove it. I will be more careful next time!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

I have deleted it
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dr038293
Thanks Gary,

After reading that I've had a look on the TLS Contact website and there is a complaints section on there, it might be worth a shot trying that route if it comes to it.
Although I'm keeping my hopes up that there's an update tomorrow when I call...
I have deleted my reply to you. Please ignore what I have said and see other replies. Once again sorry and good luck
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Dr038293 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by garyede
I have deleted my reply to you. Please ignore what I have said and see other replies. Once again sorry and good luck
Oh no don't worry about it Gary, I skimmed past the bit about cancellation to the part about contacting the VAC...
At least I know now we've to get in touch with them and not UKVI about it. It's worth a try for nothing, in the end it's looking like we've paid for a service we haven't received so imo we should be entitled to something back...
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Am141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have any insight on this situation? I'm pregnant and hoping to get my visa in a time frame that will still allow me to travel however if I get the visa but can't travel anymore due being in the last month of pregnancy does the visa cancel out if I can't travel within the 30 days after visa being granted? Is there any way to avoid this situation?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pabonline
Yes that was the wrong procedure, thanks for clarifying it.

We have both been waiting 60 days. How long do we need to have been waiting to make a successful claim for priority fee refund through complaint?
Go for it 60 days is more than enough waiting especially that yoy have been advised 15 days ...too much rip off
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Am141
Anyone have any insight on this situation? I'm pregnant and hoping to get my visa in a time frame that will still allow me to travel however if I get the visa but can't travel anymore due being in the last month of pregnancy does the visa cancel out if I can't travel within the 30 days after visa being granted? Is there any way to avoid this situation?
Why you are still waiting? You should send a doctor letter attaching another letter from you that if you get visa only 30 days to travel but airline wont allow you at certain time ...is your case not straightforward?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MA17
Why you are still waiting? You should send a doctor letter attaching another letter from you that if you get visa only 30 days to travel but airline wont allow you at certain time ...is your case not straightforward?
I still have about ten weeks before I get in that situation just trying to get some info to be prepared in case it gets there (fingers crossed it doesn't). I received the non straightforward email about two weeks ago, I do have a previous refusal due to some missing financial documents. We decided to re apply with a fresh application rather than appeal and provided all documents. Don't know if the refusal has put me at the bottom of the pile.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

shielacity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am141
26 weeks pregnant here and I am still waiting for my visa. I have until 1st week of November to travel.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shielacity
26 weeks pregnant here and I am still waiting for my visa. I have until 1st week of November to travel.
I can understand how frustrating it is Have you contacted them to let them know you have limited time to travel? If so what response did you get?
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

JimmyBlue76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wrote an email to Mike Gapes, the MP who submitted the written questions to the Home Office that directly reference the issues we are all having. Also copied in Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the opposition. Encouraged both to seek proper answers from the Home Office and not the drivel they did get. This goes way beyond simple volumes of applications to misleading applicants and UK taxpayers.

I don't think any of it will come to anything because the HO is obviously just behaving however it wants at this point, but it feels better than doing nothing.

Last edited by JimmyBlue76; Sep 20th 2017 at 9:23 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Hamza9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JimmyBlue76
Just wrote an email to Mike Gapes, the MP who submitted the written questions to the Home Office that directly reference the issues we are all having. Also copied in Jeremy Corbyn as leader of the opposition. Encouraged both to seek proper answers from the Home Office and not the drivel they did get. This goes way beyond simple volumes of applications to misleading applicants and UK taxpayers.

I don't think any of it will come to anything because the HO is obviously just behaving however it wants at this point, but it feels better than doing nothing.
Yes something is better than nothing! N ur doing may help us all! But all of us need to do something at our end! So thank u

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.