Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

KingsinOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by simonnz
Hey I have about 10 different emails from them about my escalation, but have not got the "not straight forward" email yet. I'm on escalation number 2.
Kind of strange that you haven't had the not-straightforward email if you're up to 60 working days and according to May's timelines, that's the 100% mark there - not that it means anything.

I've emailed an immigration advisor in my hometown in the UK for advice as the email almost makes it sound like they're looking at reasons to reject it.

How do you keep getting the escalations? By calling them?? I actually wonder whether the VFS place is an issue as the cities in Oz where you don't apply through there have the fastest supposed processing times..
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone on this forum applied from Sydney??
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

simonnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KingsinOz
Kind of strange that you haven't had the not-straightforward email if you're up to 60 working days and according to May's timelines, that's the 100% mark there - not that it means anything.

I've emailed an immigration advisor in my hometown in the UK for advice as the email almost makes it sound like they're looking at reasons to reject it.

How do you keep getting the escalations? By calling them?? I actually wonder whether the VFS place is an issue as the cities in Oz where you don't apply through there have the fastest supposed processing times..
I rung them once and escalated it then you can keep replying to the email they send you and after the 15 days and you have not heard anything they re-escalated it. VFS are a branch of aholes, they lost the scanned paperwork and didn't tell me till a month later after the original scan. Yeah I been waiting for not-straightforward email all week but nothing.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonnz
I rung them once and escalated it then you can keep replying to the email they send you and after the 15 days and you have not heard anything they re-escalated it. VFS are a branch of aholes, they lost the scanned paperwork and didn't tell me till a month later after the original scan. Yeah I been waiting for not-straightforward email all week but nothing.
Well they didn't re-escalate it when my wife emailed them. We got the semi-rude response saying that the onus was on us.

I also got a response from the Immigration lawyer I contacted in the UK and she seems to imply that we needed to supply a certified copy of the British Passport as proof of citizenship. I can't say that I ever read that anywhere.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4v3d
A very interesting article - worth a read.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...e-office-error
Oh God! Will wonders never cease! It's blunder after blunder but they won't back down even if they've admitted they were wrong. What a joke
Old Oct 14th 2017, 8:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAsh
Oh God! Will wonders never cease! It's blunder after blunder but they won't back down even if they've admitted they were wrong. What a joke
Reading through the article there have been errors on both sides, but it really all stems from Mr Westberg's failure to comply with the two years outside of the UK rule. Had they complied with this, then the whole story would not have occurred. Yes, the HO have been at some fault with not applying the rules correctly, but, I bet, you could find similar stories from all countries, including the US, Canada and Australia. With immigration situations it is vital that people follow the rules, something that is advocated in all immigration threads across the BE forums.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KingsinOz

Our Application took 111 working daty and we didnt recieve a not straight forward mail
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

mail[/https://immigrationandvisasolicitors.co.uk/home-office-delays/
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SamBen
Hi same here still waiting from match too has twice not straightforward ! this is very stressful we all have job to do why they don`t do theirs bunch of bureaucrats
Any idea of what to do guys ?

Really don’t understand what to do.. the most helpless moment.. just to keep waiting until when? <snip>... applied in march and its oct now.. bloody hell.. <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 19th 2017 at 9:58 am. Reason: Yet more insults and swearing removed. Sigh.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Walker87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
<quoted post removed as it breaks site rules>
Waiting her 110 working days, no reply yet nathing nathing feel same time vvvvv bad� ����� ����� ����� ����
Also who's applying later than July they're receiving reply

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 19th 2017 at 9:58 am.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

poliphilus is an unknown quantity at this point

Day 120 on Monday. I'm crushed to a pulp by stress and uncertainty.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 19th 2017 at 9:59 am.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same feeling mate. I’m waiting since Dec 2016. Missed so many festivals and birthdays of family members and no. Of career opportunities. Can’t start a new job here, left old one after applying in December thinking Visa will arrive anytime and I won’t get chance to complete intimation period. Moreover got no family members left apart from few relatives. So life has practically ended in home country but not getting chance to start new one either! Dragging somehow with a hope of spending life with my beloved partner. Staying away from whole family is really very tough! Never knew this level of frustration in life before!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 19th 2017 at 9:59 am.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Ss123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
I have long story. I got married in august 2015 to a dutch citizen in pakistan and after 2 months got eea fp. I went london and apply for residence card which was refused sep 2016 due to my husbands dual nationality british/dutch. I ahd right to appeal which i did. After thhis also we know that he lose his dutch nationality after aquiring british automatically. According to this i lose my right to live in uk so i took voluntary departue and come back in march 2017 to apply as spouse of british citizen. All requirement met 25k self employed earning own house since 2005 UKNARIC certificate. I had certificate of application all the time during my rc application was in ho. I Applied on 21 july and did my bio 25 july
Its has been 60 wd now havent got replay
Very much worried. Ho should give credit to my application as i timely took step to regulised my status.
Anyone can shed light that may be i refused due to previous immigration history

Last edited by Ss123; Oct 14th 2017 at 4:41 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

JAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond reputeJAsh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reminding me about the rules here. But my comment is just not for that particular news about Mr. Westberg's case. I've read through some of the news links included in that article by The Guardian and as a foreigner,I'm getting the impression that the HO is all about the rules but they themselves are not following them rules; which they would deny thru their teeth by playing with words that even British born and raised have the trouble if understanding it clearly.

Sorry if I've violated some rules here or has offended some people. Please by all means kindly delete my post, no problem.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Reading through the article there have been errors on both sides, but it really all stems from Mr Westberg's failure to comply with the two years outside of the UK rule. Had they complied with this, then the whole story would not have occurred. Yes, the HO have been at some fault with not applying the rules correctly, but, I bet, you could find similar stories from all countries, including the US, Canada and Australia. With immigration situations it is vital that people follow the rules, something that is advocated in all immigration threads across the BE forums.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Oluwacommy;12360566]
Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations! surely has to be good news after waiting this long! If it was a refusal, why would they make you wait this long? This is in the bag!

Hi J4v3d...A quick question...are you saying refusals come at early stage/days of an application?
Not necessarily, refusals can come at anytime, but my thinking is if it was a refusal wouldn't Sheffield want to get that application out to the applicant and out of their hands?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.