Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Oct 6th 2017, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

MA17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by ryongsong
Congratulations! Really happy for you.
Congrats to all of who received their visa !! I have noticed that only bangok applicabts are receiving approval so far. Anyone from Paris Francr over 115 days please?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Any recent Pakistan applicants received decision made emails/visa's?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 11:45 am
Just Joined

marosego is an unknown quantity at this point

Any recent developments on Philippine applicants please? My last mail received was last 02 October confirming documents that they requested from me were received. Made a follow up mail asking what's next and if I could expect decision in the next days considering required documents are all with them now but heard nothing. Today marks 88 working days from date of application.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Ms. XXX,

Regarding Visa Application : #########

Thank you for your enquiry reagrding your UK visa application.

We wrote to you regarding your application being put on hold following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, when the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications - in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement.

We are pleased to inform you that cases are no longer being placed on hold and that we are working through these cases. Unfortunately, there are many applications currently on hold and it will take some time to complete all the assessments. As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Any idea what to make out of this? I received 31st October email as well. Today is end of 41 weeks wait.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sydvir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rvg1212
Dear Ms. XXX,

Regarding Visa Application : #########

Thank you for your enquiry reagrding your UK visa application.

We wrote to you regarding your application being put on hold following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, when the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications - in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved. The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement.

We are pleased to inform you that cases are no longer being placed on hold and that we are working through these cases. Unfortunately, there are many applications currently on hold and it will take some time to complete all the assessments. As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK.

Kind Regards,

REM

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Any idea what to make out of this? I received 31st October email as well. Today is end of 41 weeks wait.
Hi
Did u received this message suddenly or ?
Did u received it once you contacted them for an update?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

rvg1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sydvir
Hi
Did u received this message suddenly or ?
Did u received it once you contacted them for an update?

I contacted them many times ago. My case has been escalated nearly 5 times with no response so far and suddenly I got this email today. Totally Confused what to make out of it. It’s tricky! Nothing is mentioned clearly!
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Edatefi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Has anyone ever applied for a spouse visa without a lawyer and succeeded?
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

PaManjang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PinkDia
Sharing timeline. I hope this helps someone
Applying from: Bangkok
Biometric date: 28th April
Receipt from Sheffield: 5th May 2017
No contact for 12 weeks then not straightforward email and asked for documents within 7 days: 24th July

Documents sent: 26th July

No news whatsoever for several weeks. Phoned call centre hundreds of times, escalated 5-6 times (useless), contacted MP MANY timed. My husband had a meeting with MP too. He didn't give up.
Got another not straightforward email end of August (since we demanded an answer from call centre/ or from MP enquiring, I think?)

Received email that they will aim to do it before 31st October (even though 24 weeks is 13th October). This was a blanket email to many on 25th September.

Received phone call from Bangkok embassy asking for the same documents that Sheffield had asked for: 3rd October
(Resent to them right away)

Another call from embassy asking new travel intention date: 4th October

Got Decision made email (from VFS not Sheffield): 4th October
*not recognised shows on the tracking page & appears inactive for months now

Received visa by post: 6th October
VISA GRANTED!

Total 22+ weeks till decision was made. 23 weeks exactly till I got my passport back

I have to say, keep calling your MP to follow up. I think that makes a difference. Also trust in the Lord. It will come!

I remember reading others' positive news and wondering if my turn will ever come.
It has been a very stressful time - thank you everybody for your support on these forums. I hope my experience will help give someone hope too.
Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽˆ & thanks for sharing
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edatefi
Hi
Has anyone ever applied for a spouse visa without a lawyer and succeeded?
Countless people have prepared their application themselves successfully (including me). The usual reasons for using an immigration agent/solicitor are

Adverse immigration history
Complex case due to criminal history or other issues
Lack of time to do application themselves
Lack of confidence to complete application themselves, perhaps due to not being proficient in the English language but for many other reasons also.

If you do engage an agent/solicitor/lawyer to assist with your application, make sure that they're registered with the relevant professional body in your country, and that they have a good track record. Best of luck.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rvg1212
I contacted them many times ago. My case has been escalated nearly 5 times with no response so far and suddenly I got this email today. Totally Confused what to make out of it. It’s tricky! Nothing is mentioned clearly!
Hi
Don't worry about it. It's an standard email. Many people who's applications were on hold got this mail in August.
They sent it to let us know the hold has been lifted now.& they have started work on it.
I'm sure you will get a decision before 31st October.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Benjamin Kwartengsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Don't worry about it. It's an standard email. Many people who's applications were on hold got this mail in August.
They sent it to let us know the hold has been lifted now.& they have started work on it.
Hmmmmn I hope so
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

so far who applied on April for settlement visa non priority and has gotten his or her visa
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
please when was the hold lifted I guess we must wait and continue to 60working days from the day they lifted it
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Benjamin Kwartengsnr
please when was the hold lifted I guess we must wait and continue to 60working days from the day they lifted it
It's lifted on August 10th
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

It's lifted on August 10th
so when did they start with the processing was it on the 10 or what

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.