Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by KernowIan
Bangkok folk.

Hi, I got exactly the same feedback from my wife who is clearly on the same forum as Scousejohn.

Day 60 for us is this coming Thursday, counting sheffield receipt email as day one.

Pray for her....please
I can't pray for her, but I can and will keep my fingers crossed for you both

Are you from Liverpool, ScouseJohn's husband? If so, we're neighbours
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Bangkok folk.

Hi, I got exactly the same feedback from my wife who is clearly on the same forum as Scousejohn.

Day 60 for us is this coming Thursday, counting sheffield receipt email as day one.

Pray for her....please
Good luck mate, got to be this week!!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I can't pray for her, but I can and will keep my fingers crossed for you both

Are you from Liverpool, ScouseJohn's husband? If so, we're neighbours
Yes i live right next to sefton park in L17 , how about you?
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 7:12 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scousejohn
Yes i live right next to sefton park in L17 , how about you?
We're in New Brighton. My husband's originally from Bootle (no scally jokes!), but was in Australia for 25 years where he met me. We've moved back to the UK 1 year 9 months ago, I'm on a spouse visa. We'll eventually move over to Liverpool, he would prefer to be on that side of the Mersey

Sefton Park's lovely.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Clive157 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

My partner just received the email below after chasing up and requesting an escalation. Has anyone else received something like this? Is it a standard fob off or more serious? We have not been asked for any further information or clarification. Thanks.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clive157
My partner just received the email below after chasing up and requesting an escalation. Has anyone else received something like this? Is it a standard fob off or more serious? We have not been asked for any further information or clarification. Thanks.

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible
Hi, it can be either actually - there are people who received a "decision made" email a few days after receiving this. can I ask how long did you wait before escalating ?
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the reply! We submitted biometrics 4 May. I spoke to someone 15 June who said he would escalate to line manager and we have heard nothing since until today when we got a reply to the email we sent on Saturday requesting update and asking why no priority service had been provided. That was then followed this morning by the one saying it was not a straightforward case. I get the impression from what you say that this type of message is common - is that right? Cheers
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for the reply! We submitted biometrics 4 May. I spoke to someone 15 June who said he would escalate to line manager and we have heard nothing since until today when we got a reply to the email we sent on Saturday requesting update and asking why no priority service had been provided. That was then followed this morning by the one saying it was not a straightforward case. I get the impression from what you say that this type of message is common - is that right? Cheers
I wouldn't say it's common but just saying it happened before - if you look at the other posts in the forum. I hope yours is also one of them, but to be honest - hard to make a proper guess, i suggest you wait 1-2 days before questioning further (knowing that it is almost impossible to wait doing nothing) - sorry, couldn't help more,
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clive, if you look further back in the thread to post #34 you can see that my partner received this email a month ago, we have heard nothing since. Last week we went passed 70 working days waiting so on Tuesday she sent an email requesting escalation, their reply simply refereed back to this message (in a rather sarcastic way) without actually answering if her request for escalation was being processed.

Today marks three calendar month since our (priority) application was received in Sheffield.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Britflyer
Hi Clive, if you look further back in the thread to post #34 you can see that my partner received this email a month ago, we have heard nothing since. Last week we went passed 70 working days waiting so on Tuesday she sent an email requesting escalation, their reply simply refereed back to this message (in a rather sarcastic way) without actually answering if her request for escalation was being processed.

Today marks three calendar month since our (priority) application was received in Sheffield.
Thanks for the reply. That is terrible - I am really sorry for your situation. Seems like we are all in the same boat but yours is particularly challenging. I can't believe there is no acknowledgment of how the service has obviously deteriorated over the last few months and due to no fault of our own we are left in this limbo land. Hope you hear something soon
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

mattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond reputemattthefat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britflyer
Hi folks.

Newbie here, have been watching this as a guest. I also "celebrate" this milestone today. Supposed to be on a plane to Heathrow in the morning, and spent last Friday rebooking my lifetime dream trip which my wife and I have been planning for 9 years. Pretty soul destroying. Now spending the day at my parents home after renting out my house, pulling my daughter out of school, and separated from my wife who's back in our home town also staying with family working until we know what the heck is happening. Paid for migration agent, two spouse visa applications, priority service on both and literally feel sick to my stomach. Have the dream job waiting in the UK subject to visa...they've been patient so far, but don't know how much longer that will last.

Have paid also paid a tidy sum calling people on the UKVI contact centre who can barely speak English. In England. Providing a public service.

Done the escalation thing. Found out it took them four days to take my request for an escalation and actually escalate it to a "team leader". Got the "not straightforward" email straight after escalating. Asked for reasons why it was not straightforward. Contact centre said they don't have that info and no way of getting it.

I know these guys are just doing their job, but I have another Churchill quote for you Britflyer. These civil servants don't act like servants, and aren't particularly civil.

Anyway, here's to sitting on our asses for three months watching someone sit on their's for the same amount of time. Cheers!
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not write and complain to the Home Secretary about the shambles and appalling service levels? Letters are better than email as they sit around on desks longer, and if a number of people write it might bring the problems to her attention. You have a choice of address.

https://www.parliament.uk/biographie...mber-rudd/3983

Rt Hon Amber Rudd MP
Home Office,
2 Marsham Street,
London, SW1P 4DF

Rt Hon Amber Rudd MP
Home Secretary
Houseof Commons,
London, SW1A 0AA
Old Jul 25th 2017, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Scousejohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Bangkok folk.

Pray for her....please
There has been one more visa issued today on that list i posted!

Application biometrics were on 26th April!
So again looking like sheffield are still keeping most around 60 working days
Old Jul 25th 2017, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

PaulandJoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, these updates keep me going, day 60 for me next Wednesday, desperately hoping to get a result by then!
Paul
Old Jul 25th 2017, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

KernowIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scouse,

My wife very upset today telling me about this case. But when I drilled down on the detail I believe the fortunate girl in question was a PRIORITY application. (my wife is standard application)

Anyway Mrs K persuaded me to book the enquiry call on pre-payment. The woman who took the call said that my wife's application had exceeded the 60 days** SLA, she was therefore going to escalate up to a manager for review.

The new SLA for this escalation is a response within 15 days.

Totally unacceptable in my view and given our circumstances. Our British/Thai 4yo son has nearly forgotten what mummy looks like!

I will engage much more robustly over the next few days.

**if she is over the 60 days as claimed by the call centre, then Day ONE is evidently not the Sheffield email date of 4th May. Most likely the Biometrics date of 25 April is day ONE. (her on-line application date was 19 April).

GL to all those waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.