Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Sep 7th 2015, 9:18 am
Just Joined

xerex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by raihk2015
I had my interview some 2 weeks back. Hopefully I will receive it very soon. But I can't say much at the moment. Any new positive developments, I will make sure that I will update it. Best of luck to all the friends in this link.
hey did u have your interview on 12th of august? is there any new news?
Old Sep 7th 2015, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Burhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xerex
I had an interview on 13 august at shefield . But still no news
Old Sep 7th 2015, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

little angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dehere
Why not contacting your mp if it's over four months
I will wait till October , if not news will contact my MP, it is very stressful and don't know what to do ,every time i call the PO advise line they say your application is with the examination team in UK and has not been sent to the oversea team yet,
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

dehere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by little angel
I will wait till October , if not news will contact my MP, it is very stressful and don't know what to do ,every time i call the PO advise line they say your application is with the examination team in UK and has not been sent to the oversea team yet,
Good luck with it, please let us know your any update in October. Do you believe all app sent to oversea for verification?
Old Sep 9th 2015, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Mecksmail is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone , I'm new to this forum. I'm also in the same predicament as many others in this forum.
I applied a UK first child passport for my 2year old son from Nigeria 4 weeks ago. I'm a British citizen by birth and the child's mother is Nigerian. I sent off the application by DHL to Durham and application fee was taken 3 days after later. No form of contact from HMPO. Original documents were sent which included my British passport, Birth certificate , applicants birth certificate , antenatal and birth hospital records, marriage certificate , family photos and our wedding photos as well.
From the long forum thread , I guess I'm in for a long wait. Application is listed to take 14 weeks. I understand there was a backlog of overseas applications last year. Has this been sorted out? Many thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2015, 7:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mecksmail
Hello everyone , I'm new to this forum. I'm also in the same predicament as many others in this forum.
I applied a UK first child passport for my 2year old son from Nigeria 4 weeks ago. I'm a British citizen by birth and the child's mother is Nigerian. I sent off the application by DHL to Durham and application fee was taken 3 days after later. No form of contact from HMPO. Original documents were sent which included my British passport, Birth certificate , applicants birth certificate , antenatal and birth hospital records, marriage certificate , family photos and our wedding photos as well.
From the long forum thread , I guess I'm in for a long wait. Application is listed to take 14 weeks. I understand there was a backlog of overseas applications last year. Has this been sorted out? Many thanks.
The backlog is long gone but as your son was born in a high risk country you'll need to be patient as it will take HMPO a long time to be able to verify his birth certificate and other Nigerian documents.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

nbanko is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Just wanted to give an update on my situation. So everything turned out A LOT more smoothly then I thought it would based on reading other peoples situations. I applied for a first time adult British passport (overseas) from Canada. My father was born in Scotland, and came to Canada when he was 8. Application was sent on Wed Sept 2, 2015 and received at the passport office in Durham on Friday, Sept 4. On Wednesday Sept 9, 2015 I saw that my status had changed from processing to dispatched. I called to make sure and they said it was approved and should get it in the mail this Monday or Tuesday. So everything took less than 2 weeks which is way quicker than the 6 weeks I was expecting!
Old Sep 14th 2015, 10:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbanko
Hey,

Just wanted to give an update on my situation. So everything turned out A LOT more smoothly then I thought it would based on reading other peoples situations. I applied for a first time adult British passport (overseas) from Canada. My father was born in Scotland, and came to Canada when he was 8. Application was sent on Wed Sept 2, 2015 and received at the passport office in Durham on Friday, Sept 4. On Wednesday Sept 9, 2015 I saw that my status had changed from processing to dispatched. I called to make sure and they said it was approved and should get it in the mail this Monday or Tuesday. So everything took less than 2 weeks which is way quicker than the 6 weeks I was expecting!
Glad to hear it. I'm surprised it was that quick for a first time adult applicant. Do you know whether HMPO contacted your countersignatory?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Glad to hear it. I'm surprised it was that quick for a first time adult applicant. Do you know whether HMPO contacted your countersignatory?
Britlnparis is it necessary for HMPO to contact every countersignatory?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

nbanko is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I know they didn't contact mine. But I'm not 100% sure. I can ask!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nbanko
As far as I know they didn't contact mine. But I'm not 100% sure. I can ask!
Ok thanks let us know if you findout
Old Sep 16th 2015, 6:29 am

It's up to them whether they want to. For a first time adult application I thought they might've done but given how quickly nbanko's passport was issued it appears not.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. It was on 13th August. I am yet to receive it. How about you? The email reply is the same 'ongoing checks'. I dunno what checks they want to do. Best of luck.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 5:02 am
Just Joined

xerex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raihk2015
Hello. It was on 13th August. I am yet to receive it. How about you? The email reply is the same 'ongoing checks'. I dunno what checks they want to do. Best of luck.
i had the interview on 12th august and reply is same as yours. did(british high commission delhi) they ask photos, academic certificates and so on prior to the interview?
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the interview on 12th august and reply is same as yours. did(british high commission delhi) they ask photos, academic certificates and so on prior to the interview?
Yeah they asked for it. Have sent all of the documents after I had scanned them. I can't even imagine what they are after now. Hopefully it will be done soon and the suffering will come to an end. Best of luck to you as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.