2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Jun 8th 2017, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Sophmason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by Untraceablebr
Strange, when I tried it the other day it didn't work even with all the different reference numbers.... Tried it tonight and worked straight away. I'd keep trying it daily it might just work for you. Well good to know yours is heading for decision. You'll get the application is with a entry clearance officer to decide your case email followed shortly (2-7days) after by application decision made email.... Again that's my experience what I have had in the past, everyone is different and depends on locations... Good luck and keep us posted, I'm just waiting for the documents posted email now
Hi - when it eventually worked for you did it say that a decision had been made?

I get the impression that until a decision is made it won't recognise your reference numbers (ie same thing that happens when you email asking for an update).
Old Jun 8th 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vrp
My wife submitted her application on 9 March in Bangalore (non-priority) and it is about 60 working days now. Hadn't heard a peep from Sheffield. I had to fly back to the UK with oldest son at the end of May to get things ready at this end and had to leave my wife and youngest son behind for (hopefully) only a short while. We certainly regret not applying for a British passport for her when she still had a valid ILR under the pre-2012 rules.

Anyway, I decided to look around and found the below link for a trial service:

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov....heckvisastatus

I plugged in my wife's GWF no and it shows decided on 1 June! Now all I have to worry about is that it's actually an approval.

Maybe this will save some from the ghastly phone and email charges for a simple status update.
I just tried this site and got a message saying "Reference number not recognised" I used our GWF No. (with and without the GWF prefix) and also the VAF No, at the top of the mail they sent me confirming receipt of our application. Any one else tried this site with similar results.
Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Britflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

From June 1st the Customer Enquiry service has been contracted out to a private company Sitel UK, it's nothing more than an answering service, who from my experience yesterday, just read back stock answers from a script, you learn nothing specific to your application.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...ervice-changes
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Colesy898
I received this below from our lawyer the other day. I know it's not new news but good to see UKVI are admitting that they are short staffed. It's interesting though that they say the most affected are European visas but from what I have read on this thread most are applying from outside Europe and we are still getting massive delays. We are now on working day 17/18 and paid priority but it sound like we are going to be waiting a while longer

"The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is currently experiencing unprecedented increase in some application categories workload. According to the statistics, the most affected category is the European applications.
UKVI openly admits lack of caseworkers and staff in general and is, therefore, sometimes unable to make a decision within its published timeline of 15 working days for entry clearance applications, and 6 months for all the in-country applications"
Hi - just wondering if your lawyer has heard anything about what they say to people if they can't meet the published guidelines.

I've just received the standard email which says 'your visa application is not straightforward and a decision cannot be made within the published guidelines' after applying on March 15. Obviously this is concerning (if my visa really isn't straightforward) but I'd be interested to know if they're using this generic email to cover themselves for their internal delays which have nothing to do with the application.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophmason
Hi - just wondering if your lawyer has heard anything about what they say to people if they can't meet the published guidelines.

I've just received the standard email which says 'your visa application is not straightforward and a decision cannot be made within the published guidelines' after applying on March 15. Obviously this is concerning (if my visa really isn't straightforward) but I'd be interested to know if they're using this generic email to cover themselves for their internal delays which have nothing to do with the application.
I'm very nervous reading all this... I applied March 12th... recieved in sheffield March 15th
daughters got both Canadian and British passports... husband makes enough... people saying where children are involved applications been paused.... I never recieved a email about a pause but a desicion was made June 5th I received an email June 7th... I pick up package today when it's available.. so does that mean approved ? urg anyways I suppose I will update everyone once I recieve and maybe that'll answer whether it's genetic email that they just don't have the time or what.... positive thoughts and hoping everyone else gets an answer asap
Old Jun 8th 2017, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paulster52
I'm very nervous reading all this... I applied March 12th... recieved in sheffield March 15th
daughters got both Canadian and British passports... husband makes enough... people saying where children are involved applications been paused.... I never recieved a email about a pause but a desicion was made June 5th I received an email June 7th... I pick up package today when it's available.. so does that mean approved ? urg anyways I suppose I will update everyone once I recieve and maybe that'll answer whether it's genetic email that they just don't have the time or what.... positive thoughts and hoping everyone else gets an answer asap

You should be fine - I think they are only pausing decisions where you actually don't meet the financial requirements but it should be approved anyway (ie special circumstances such as keeping children apart from their parents)
Old Jun 8th 2017, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sophmason

No I haven't seen or heard anyone with that email, I have however read about people receiving an email about a new court order so some people's applications have been placed on hold. Surely if it isn't straightforward then it would be because there are documents missing or otherwise some reason that really I think should be discussed with you so that you can clear up whatever they feel is not straight forward. They must see hundreds of applications every day from all walks of life so it does sound a bit like a cop out to me (only my opinion though). I do agree with your comment of them covering themselves about the delays, we paid what I feel as a lot of money for a priority service that they only advise will be looked at with ink 15 days but don't guarantee it, so you can never argue for a refund which I think is really wrong. Annoyingly my lawyer is off until next week but I'm hoping she will be able to put some pressure on them to hurry up! I will let you know if I get the same response!
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute

parcel picked up and been approved.... I want to thank so many strangers in here for the advice and helping me along the way with positivity, I truly hope this pause is for the best of each of you and you all get your happy endings also
much love
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

parcel picked up and been approved.... I want to thank so many strangers in here for the advice and helping me along the way with positivity, I truly hope this pause is for the best of each of you and you all get your happy endings also
much love
Congratulations!! That's fantastic news

Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Untraceablebr is an unknown quantity at this point

much love
Congratulations, fantastic news! Thanks for your best wishes
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

No I haven't seen or heard anyone with that email, I have however read about people receiving an email about a new court order so some people's applications have been placed on hold. Surely if it isn't straightforward then it would be because there are documents missing or otherwise some reason that really I think should be discussed with you so that you can clear up whatever they feel is not straight forward. They must see hundreds of applications every day from all walks of life so it does sound a bit like a cop out to me (only my opinion though). I do agree with your comment of them covering themselves about the delays, we paid what I feel as a lot of money for a priority service that they only advise will be looked at with ink 15 days but don't guarantee it, so you can never argue for a refund which I think is really wrong. Annoyingly my lawyer is off until next week but I'm hoping she will be able to put some pressure on them to hurry up! I will let you know if I get the same response!
Colesy did you try that link again? Any luck? Mine still says decided since 4th June however my solicitor picked up a email on 5th June saying it was a assigned to a caseworker for decision. That's the same email twice in 2months. Standard computer generated reply....
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Colesy did you try that link again? Any luck? Mine still says decided since 4th June however my solicitor picked up a email on 5th June saying it was a assigned to a caseworker for decision. That's the same email twice in 2months. Standard computer generated reply....
That's strange (and quite annoying) that you received the same email again after 2 months. Yeah I have been trying that website all day and still says the reference is not recognised but when I click back it says I have selected 'applied within he UK' if I change the answer to outside the UK it just takes me to a page with the phone number to call them.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

That's strange (and quite annoying) that you received the same email again after 2 months. Yeah I have been trying that website all day and still says the reference is not recognised but when I click back it says I have selected 'applied within he UK' if I change the answer to outside the UK it just takes me to a page with the phone number to call them.
I couldn't resist!!!
I just got off the phone to UKVI the new service seems OK. They confirmed its been decided (Monday) same time my solicitor got the generic assigned to case worker email.... I asked why they did not send out the decision email and he said sometimes just the VFS (Where you have biometrics and documents taken) notifies you when they receive your document back.... I think as soon as your application is with a caseworker, that link will recognise your application number
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

I couldn't resist!!!
I just got off the phone to UKVI the new service seems OK. They confirmed its been decided (Monday) same time my solicitor got the generic assigned to case worker email.... I asked why they did not send out the decision email and he said sometimes just the VFS (Where you have biometrics and documents taken) notifies you when they receive your document back.... I think as soon as your application is with a caseworker, that link will recognise your application number
Oh ok, another website I am going to be checking 1000 times a day. When I called UKVI yesterday (because I couldn't resist too!) they said it had been passed to a caseworker on the 15th May (even though I got an email on the 11th says the same thing) but I guess just because it is with someone it doesn't actually mean they are looking at it. Just going crazy waiting and checking every day. Miss my husband
Old Jun 9th 2017, 5:13 am
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hullmonkey
I just tried this site and got a message saying "Reference number not recognised" I used our GWF No. (with and without the GWF prefix) and also the VAF No, at the top of the mail they sent me confirming receipt of our application. Any one else tried this site with similar results.
Thanks
hi
you can't use that when u are applying outside UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.