2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old May 31st 2017, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffrey92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by Trevnorth10001
Hi Jeffery

I have not received any word, is it normal to get a notice that they have received docs, or is this not the case?
I'm not completely sure on that to be honest but I am hoping that you would get an email. I know my wife's application is due to arrive tomorrow and I'm going to call to make sure it's all arrived safe just to ease my mind.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeffrey92
Did you send this priority service? If not then I'm guessing you should here very soon!

I would be tempted to call them too, I know there is a charge but it could be worth it to find out
counting the days minus the UK holidays I've been waiting 51 days did not pay priority
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

hullmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not completely sure on that to be honest but I am hoping that you would get an email. I know my wife's application is due to arrive tomorrow and I'm going to call to make sure it's all arrived safe just to ease my mind.
I received an email from Sheffield confirming receipt of my application in Bangkok the following day
Old Jun 1st 2017, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

The current queue as of this morning is 40,000 applications apparently but I'm not sure how long that means they will take. Max 60 days is my guess and no idea how many have priority
Old Jun 1st 2017, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Flynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond reputeFlynn.pauline has a reputation beyond repute

The current queue as of this morning is 40,000 applications apparently but I'm not sure how long that means they will take. Max 60 days is my guess and no idea how many have priority
were you able to call and find out? the numbers I have been calling are either saying can not be completed as dialed or the number you dialed is no longer in service... I've tried the 1613 number and the number on the gov.UK site and not getting anywhere. .. 52 days now would lIke to speak with someone
thankyou
Old Jun 1st 2017, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulster52
were you able to call and find out? the numbers I have been calling are either saying can not be completed as dialed or the number you dialed is no longer in service... I've tried the 1613 number and the number on the gov.UK site and not getting anywhere. .. 52 days now would lIke to speak with someone
thankyou
My aunt works there at the moment luckily so she let me know how many there were. She said they were recently finishing off the previous 60 days so I guess yours will be done very soon.

If you want to call them I would call Sheffield DMC and follow the options but when they ask is your application outside the time frame answer yes. Otherwise it will say that they can't tell you anything until it's outside the time frame given. Then it will hang up on you
Old Jun 1st 2017, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

My aunt works there at the moment luckily so she let me know how many there were. She said they were recently finishing off the previous 60 days so I guess yours will be done very soon.

If you want to call them I would call Sheffield DMC and follow the options but when they ask is your application outside the time frame answer yes. Otherwise it will say that they can't tell you anything until it's outside the time frame given. Then it will hang up on you
awesome thank you for the timely response I'll give it a go
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

awesome thank you for the timely response I'll give it a go
I can understand you being impatient/anxious, we've all been through it. But I don't think it's a good idea to call before your application has exceeded the processing guidelines. For one, you'll be fibbing, and two, every time someone has to stop processing visas to answer an enquiry, they're on the phone or email answering enquiries instead of processing!
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I can understand you being impatient/anxious, we've all been through it. But I don't think it's a good idea to call before your application has exceeded the processing guidelines. For one, you'll be fibbing, and two, every time someone has to stop processing visas to answer an enquiry, they're on the phone or email answering enquiries instead of processing!
right u are, I'll keep in mind
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

right u are, I'll keep in mind
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I received this in 6th march.

Following a Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday 22 February 2017, the Home Office has paused decision-making on some settlement applications – in particular, those failing to meet the minimum income threshold for British Citizens and other settled persons sponsoring visa applications, or where children are involved.

The reason for this pause is to enable the Home Office to consider the implications of the judgement. All other applications will continue to be processed and decided as normal.

As a result UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place.

As soon as we are able to conclude the application we will contact you on the email address you provided within your application.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

my wife mat a MP and she send a petition to the home office and two weeks later the minister of state replied that she should send an updated statement of account, this is 3 weeks now no update from them, can anyone help me with a contact to call and get an update.

Last edited by benileo; Jun 2nd 2017 at 4:22 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

ryongsong is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't say I'm surprised to hear that all the applications have been moved back to an understaffed Sheffield, and everyone waiting 60 days or more, but it's still remarkable that the Home Office is never really held accountable for appalling job it does of visas/borders. Massively hiking the prices just adds to the feeling that they are taking the ****.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 2:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryongsong
I can't say I'm surprised to hear that all the applications have been moved back to an understaffed Sheffield, and everyone waiting 60 days or more, but it's still remarkable that the Home Office is never really held accountable for appalling job it does of visas/borders. Massively hiking the prices just adds to the feeling that they are taking the ****.
The UK's immigration system needs to be self-funding by 2019-2020 so prices are going up and service standards, or what's left of them, are dropping.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 8:45 am
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Opa17
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and just wanted to know how long it's taken people to hear back regarding spouse visas.

My husband is American and we sent our application off on the 23rd of February, it was delivered on the 27th and logged into the system on the same day with our confirmation email coming in only a few hours after delivery. Now we're just anxiously awaiting a response!

Anyone else applied for a spouse visa recently? And what did your timeline look like?

Thanks in advance!
Just wondering if anybody has ever thought of making a freedom of information request for current queues, oldest priority/non-priority app, number of each type of application etc.
It's certainly one way to get some information from them?
Old Jun 4th 2017, 9:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OlympicRudi
Just wondering if anybody has ever thought of making a freedom of information request for current queues, oldest priority/non-priority app, number of each type of application etc.
It's certainly one way to get some information from them?
I'm sure you could but by the time you receive that information it's likely to be out of date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.