2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Old Jun 13th 2017, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 UK SPOUSE VISA TIMELINES

Originally Posted by Sophmason
by sponsor information and calculation do you mean the ability to meet the financial requirements?
Yes the financial calculations. They are in fact less interested in the applicant background than the sponsor's. Having this information, has made my application much more organized and focused around getting my husbands documents absolutely right. I think they just want to make sure that for the first 33 months, the applicant will not be a burden on the system and acquire any benefits. I'm submitting biometrics on15 June in Chennai, India and am applying for a settlement priority visa. I've done this application on my own with one legal consult to catch any inconsistencies. So these timeline and threads here have been so good for me to clear doubts (although I'm still scratching my head over a few things). I'll update all on how the process went from here. I'm expecting things to fall apart, but I'm availing of the VFS service called a priority lounge as well which assigns someone to attend to me personally for the duration of my visit to the VFS Centre.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Colesy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Unless you're applying for the same visa from the same country then you're comparing apples and oranges.
Yes that's why I said - I understand that all visas are different.

I just feel their system for prioritising applications should be done a bit more fairly, i.e the country the visa is applied from or the type of visa shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Everything I say is just my personal view (I completely understand that all visa are different and will take different amounts of time), it's very hard when you are alone without your other half to not feel upset and take it personally thinking that they are looking at everyone else's and not mine! but I appreciate all the info this forum has given me, without it I would be going mad not realising that many others are in the same boat as me.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colesy898

I just feel their system for prioritising applications should be done a bit more fairly, i.e the country the visa is applied from or the type of visa shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Everything I say is just my personal view (I completely understand that all visa are different and will take different amounts of time), it's very hard when you are alone without your other half to not feel upset and take it personally thinking that they are looking at everyone else's and not mine! but I appreciate all the info this forum has given me, without it I would be going mad not realising that many others are in the same boat as me.
I do agree with you. VFS has turned this into a source of revenue as has the British government. I have lived in several countries and no where is it this complicated or expensive. MY understanding is that information for the spouse application is buried in different places, designed to trip an applicant. Had I not found these forums I would have paid about a 1000 pounds to hire a lawyer. I can't even imagine how people who don't speak legalese navigate this application. It's a mystery. I hope your visa gets sorted soon. The settlement priority visa doesn't in fact make it a priority. We are basically paying for a decision within less than two months. Chances are the visa would get processed in that time frame anyway. But it gives us a sense of quickness. I'm paying for it too, so I'll be in your boat too. Make some room.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Balrog
I do agree with you. VFS has turned this into a source of revenue as has the British government. I have lived in several countries and no where is it this complicated or expensive. MY understanding is that information for the spouse application is buried in different places, designed to trip an applicant. Had I not found these forums I would have paid about a 1000 pounds to hire a lawyer. I can't even imagine how people who don't speak legalese navigate this application. It's a mystery. I hope your visa gets sorted soon. The settlement priority visa doesn't in fact make it a priority. We are basically paying for a decision within less than two months. Chances are the visa would get processed in that time frame anyway. But it gives us a sense of quickness. I'm paying for it too, so I'll be in your boat too. Make some room.
I think we are going to need a bigger boat!! After paying numerous consultation fees with different lawyers all giving completely conflicting advice we decided to go with one of them so I am feeling the pain of paying lawyers fees along with all the visa fees and priority fee it has got really expensive, I'm grateful of all our lawyer assistance I don't think we could have done it without her. Hopefully we get the decision we want, I can't imagine waiting all this time again to appeal.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Warri2Basing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Untraceablebr
Hi the link certainly does work outside the UK. Our application was outside the UK and it works for us. It's actually quite accurate as I crossed referenced it with a phone call to UKVI who confirmed the application was decided and a yesterday received the decided email from the embassy. I guess it works depending what stage your application is at and who's updated the information on your application....
I tried it yesterday, didnt work either....
Old Jun 13th 2017, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Warri2Basing is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied from Nigeria since March 17 (date of biometrics)...currently on working days 51 using the Business days calculator in the UK and Ireland website (from March 29th which is the date documents were delivered to Sheffield. Hubby contacted UKVI yesterday (£20 cost phone call), and he was told my app has been assessed since April 28th, and no decision has been made.

Am getting worried now cos I do not know why they have not made a decision.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 4:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warri2Basing
I applied from Nigeria since March 17 (date of biometrics)...currently on working days 51 using the Business days calculator in the UK and Ireland website (from March 29th which is the date documents were delivered to Sheffield. Hubby contacted UKVI yesterday (£20 cost phone call), and he was told my app has been assessed since April 28th, and no decision has been made.

Presumably because of it being Nigeria? I'm sure others will be able to shed some light, but I'd imagine that with such a high fraud/risk country, applications will take longer due to background checks etc.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Did they say it had actually been assessed or passed to someone to be assessed? When I called them i was told it had been passed to someone on 15th May but still haven't heard anything so it may be that yours has been passed to someone but they haven't actually started looking at it yet.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Background checks could delay the process. there was something about a judgment because of which some visa decisions were paused. If you go back there is a discussion on this, it involves kids or something,
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Trevnorth10001 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Britinparis

Yes, he is entitled. I was forced to get him a visa rather than seek citizenship for a number of other reasons.

I am seeking settlement for he and my wife

My problem is this. Our agent in Aus did not pay his NHS surcharge at lodgement, expecting to pay it when it was being assessed. However now a decision has been made and the payment has not. I expect to get passports back any day now, however can I take it as a negative sign as to the visa outcome that a decision has been made and no surcharge payment has been requested
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Presumably because of it being Nigeria? I'm sure others will be able to shed some light, but I'd imagine that with such a high fraud/risk country, applications will take longer due to background checks etc.
so you think everyone in Nigeria are fraudulent? pls I will not take that from you, where are you from?if it's better than Nigeria you should not be looking for a UK visa.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

benileo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Balrog
Background checks could delay the process. there was something about a judgment because of which some visa decisions were paused. If you go back there is a discussion on this, it involves kids or something,
the judgement was because of people that went to court about the £18,600 that a sponsor most received yearly and the minimum wage in UK is £15,000.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevnorth10001
hi Britinparis

Yes, he is entitled. I was forced to get him a visa rather than seek citizenship for a number of other reasons.

I am seeking settlement for he and my wife

My problem is this. Our agent in Aus did not pay his NHS surcharge at lodgement, expecting to pay it when it was being assessed. However now a decision has been made and the payment has not. I expect to get passports back any day now, however can I take it as a negative sign as to the visa outcome that a decision has been made and no surcharge payment has been requested
If he is a British citizen then he wouldn't be eligible for a UK visa. If he is issued with one then bear in mind it's actually null and void and you should acquire his British passport as soon as possible. Children who are eligible for settlement due to their parents being British by descent receive Indefinite Leave to Enter so they are exempt from paying the IHS.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colesy898

Your frustration is understandable but the reality that which country you apply from and the passport you hold do make a real difference to processing times due to varying degrees of fraud worldwide, difficulties verifying documents and the numbers of applicants from any given country. Priority fees move you to the front of the queue for that particular country so someone from a low risk, low application country who doesn't pay priority could still be processed in less time than someone applying from a high risk, high application country and paying priority.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by benileo
so you think everyone in Nigeria are fraudulent? pls I will not take that from you, where are you from?if it's better than Nigeria you should not be looking for a UK visa.
It's not a personal criticism nor which country is 'better'. Applications from Nigeria will simply take longer because of the higher rate of fraud associated with Nigerian applications. For what it's worth I believe christmasoompa is British and based in Canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.