Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

2 Years and hate it!!

2 Years and hate it!!

Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2 Years and hate it!!

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Shunter, what dentist did you go to? Im looking for a new one, mine doesnt spend time explainihg anything.
We go to Appleway up near the Hospital but i've also heard excellent reports from Bower Dental. They really were excellent, I don't think my kids have ever been in a dentist chair longer than 2 minutes in the UK. They were brilliant especially with the kids.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pawan.chopra

Car Insurance is like an Extortion by Insurance companies. I initially paid $650 / month until I got my registration and through group plan (professional Association) got it down to $300 / month. Still a lot, as compared to UK !! They do not count UK driving experience for Insurance purposes.
You pay that much because you have no Canadian driving experience. I pay just under $120 per month for two vehicles combined.

Job Situation: I have 10 years of Experience as a Senior Therapist in UK working both in NHS and Social Services. Guess what!!
I am no better than a new graduate here!! No UK experience counted.
I know of someone here who graduated 2 months ago and she had 3 job offers. HELLO CANADIANS!!! How is your Canadian Education better than 10 years of Experience in UK !!

Not all education systems are equal and not all working environments are equal. From what I hear about the NHS I wouldn't want to be treated by them so how does it compare to Ontario's healthcare system?

General: People here are arrogant!!

Not for nothin', but parts of your post have come across as arrogant so there is a bit of a pot/kettle thing going on here.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaye944

Tail gate me at 100 in the fast lane, you'll see my brake lights .. buddy..

You shouldn't be doing 100kmh in the fast lane - it is the passing lane and is for vehicle traveling faster than in other lanes. If you are puttering along at 100kmh in the fast lane then it is no wonder people are tailgating you - because you are the problem!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

Also I don't understand what everyone says about the Insurance, we paid only $700 for the year. I think there are companies that take into account your previous experience in the UK because ours certainly did. It was going to be only $550 but I stupidly gave them a letter from my insurance company that mentioned a previous accident i'd had but it still only went up to $700 per year. I would have died if i'd been quoted $300 per month!!!!!!!!!!! It must be different for where you are and different companies etc
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:05 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shunter1977
Also I don't understand what everyone says about the Insurance, we paid only $700 for the year. I think there are companies that take into account your previous experience in the UK because ours certainly did. It was going to be only $550 but I stupidly gave them a letter from my insurance company that mentioned a previous accident i'd had but it still only went up to $700 per year. I would have died if i'd been quoted $300 per month!!!!!!!!!!! It must be different for where you are and different companies etc
What you pay also depends on the coverage you choose. Mine is $1600 for my truck, with 43% discount. I have comprehensive, collision & $5m liability, Roadstar Plus. Basic insurance is $800, with $200k liability, the add ons make up the difference.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colchar
You shouldn't be doing 100kmh in the fast lane - it is the passing lane and is for vehicle traveling faster than in other lanes. If you are puttering along at 100kmh in the fast lane then it is no wonder people are tailgating you - because you are the problem!
You are not wrong there! Idiots who figure they are in the right and hog the passing lane. So many use it as a driving lane, shows how little they know about driving.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:19 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
You are not wrong there! Idiots who figure they are in the right and hog the passing lane. So many use it as a driving lane, shows how little they know about driving.
The fact that it is not forbidden to pass on the right means that this is not the same issue that it is in Britain.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 4:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
The fact that it is not forbidden to pass on the right means that this is not the same issue that it is in Britain.
No. It's much worse. The centre lane is the constant target of drivers seeking to pass on the right or the left, since they're converging they can't see each other. It's dangerous and passengers are made sick by the swerving between lanes.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:04 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
No. It's much worse. The centre lane is the constant target of drivers seeking to pass on the right or the left, since they're converging they can't see each other. It's dangerous and passengers are made sick by the swerving between lanes.
It goes without saying that driving habits are worse in Canada. I was commenting on getting annoyed about it when passing on either side is permitted under the law.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Aviator
Using it as a driving lane is fine so long as you are exceeding the speed limit the entire time (ie. doing 120ish).
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Passengers are made sick by swerving between lanes??? That's a new one on me - I've never ever heard that claim being made before.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 5:57 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Swerving between lanes at 160km/hour, as you claim you do, will naturally make passengers sick as they are tossed about.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:01 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colchar
Passengers are made sick by swerving between lanes??? That's a new one on me - I've never ever heard that claim being made before.
You should know that he claims to drive at 100 miles p/h on highways, so swerving in and out at that speed would almost certainly make passengers sick.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
You should know that he claims to drive at 100 miles p/h on highways, so swerving in and out at that speed would almost certainly make passengers sick.
Actually, I recently got a ticket while doing 100 (miles) on an ordinary road. The cop wrote it up as 49kph over which made me wonder if anyone ever gets a ticket for 50 or more over these days.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Swerving between lanes at 160km/hour, as you claim you do, will naturally make passengers sick as they are tossed about.
Yes, it's a bother. The dogs don't care for it either. If only people could grasp the simple concept of keeping right except to pass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.