Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Regina, Saskatoon or Fort McMurray.

Regina, Saskatoon or Fort McMurray.

Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

mohtechnix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regina, Saskatoon or Fort McMurray.

Was discussing this thread with my O/H and he said if you like crack whores then go to Fort Mac. (Helpful as always hey )[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I am not into either. I have finally chosen Saskatoon, I will just have to see how I get on there.

If I was you, I'd be worried how the OH knows Fort Mac is good for hoes.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:32 pm
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mohtechnix
Was discussing this thread with my O/H and he said if you like crack whores then go to Fort Mac. (Helpful as always hey )

Sadly, I am not into either. I have finally chosen Saskatoon, I will just have to see how I get on there.

If I was you, I'd be worried how the OH knows Fort Mac is good for hoes. [/QUOTE]

Welcome to saskatoon.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:39 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

He's in the oil patch nuff said Best of luck with your choice and your new adventure!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

mohtechnix is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. SW6blue, presumably you live there, what should I expect in Saskatoon? I have been advised to live to the East side of the river, any thoughts on this?
Old Mar 15th 2013, 12:30 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Was discussing this thread with my O/H and he said if you like crack whores then go to Fort Mac. (Helpful as always hey )

If I was you, I'd be worried how the OH knows Fort Mac is good for hoes. [/QUOTE]

You may find this site helpful
Old Mar 15th 2013, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JGK

If I was you, I'd be worried how the OH knows Fort Mac is good for hoes.
You may find this site helpful[/QUOTE]

I thought it was gonna be a link to crack hoes
Old Mar 27th 2013, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Tysonkia26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am a 28 year old single, male geotechnical engineer and I currently live in Manchester UK (Originally from London). I am in the process of relocating to Canada mainly for a new adventure, career advancement and financial incentives as engineers are better valued generally in North America than UK.

I work for a multinational company, so I have been presented with job offers at the Regina, Saskatoon, or Fort Mcmurray offices (Salary range $85-95k). My preference is Vancouver but unfortunately there are currently no vacancies there, so I have decided to move to either of the three aforementioned offices first, then relocate to Vancouver after a a year or two. I have heard nothing but good about Canada as a country and how beautiful the sceneries are, but my main worries is the weather (long extremely cold winters, blizzards and thunderstorms). I can tolerate freezing temperatures as long as I get the best of Spring, Autumn, and Summer.

I love being sociable, I consider myself to be adaptable and I am pretty outgoing. I am not into skiing or hiking, I am more of a beach person and I enjoy watching and playing football, basketball, and gymnastics. Ideally I would like to live in a multicultural city with good and affordable living standard (quality of life), where social amenities (Pubs, restaurants, bars, malls, shops, carnivals, festivals, friendly community, indoor football pitches,and basketball courts) are easily accessible, with good summer albeit short, and decent spring and autumn. I am anticipating 5 months of extremely cold winter at worse. I also don't want to live in a city where there is a lot of crimes and guns hence my preference for Canada instead of America.

I have been given 2 weeks to decide and choose a location, I would appreciate all advices, tips and recommendations. I am very excited about the move, but I am also a little apprehensive.

Thanks
Hey, My partner and I moved from Manchester to Regina last July. We love it! It's a lot more relaxed than England in general. Rush hour here adds an extra 15-20 mins on your journey, and that's from one side of the city to the other! Yes this winters are long, as I am writing this i'm looking out the window at 6-7 foot of snow.. Yes the winters are cold, but as crazy as it seems -10 is quite warm. When i was in England if it +4 i would be wrapped up whereas here when it's -10 i'm usually out in a T-shirt. When we got here in the summer we were greeted with +36. There is a "beach" not far from Regina it takes about 45 minutes by car. It's a lake with a man made beach, but it's very popular when the weather is nice.

In terms of the crime rate, you might read that Regina has a high crime rate, it does, but when you compare the population to other places in Canada it's actually quite low. Saskatoon's crime rate is higher than Regina. Fort Mc'Murray is a working mans town, quite like Estevan. It's mainly for single men who just want to work and party. There is a lot of money to be made there for mechanics and rig workers.

If you want any more information feel free to contact me!

Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I have been advised to live to the East side of the river, any thoughts on this?
The east side has traditionally been the more up-market side, and prices there are high as a result. But the city has expanded massively in the last few years and most of the new developments elsewhere are fine too.