Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

why people leave the uk

why people leave the uk

Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why people leave the uk

Why do people in UK come on here and rant about the state of things, without even bothering to do a 3 second search and find out that australia already has exactly what they are moaning about. 16 here 16 there, wakey wakey
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:07 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Why do people in UK come on here and rant about the state of things, without even bothering to do a 3 second search and find out that australia already has exactly what they are moaning about. 16 here 16 there, wakey wakey
I cant believe anyone would migrate and seriously think that there is no crime/drugs/poverty/paedos in Australia.

Please tell me that people really don't believe that?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I cant believe anyone would migrate and seriously think that there is no crime/drugs/poverty/paedos in Australia.

Definition "rose-tinted glasses (British, American & Australian, British)
if someone looks at something through rose-tinted glasses, they see only the pleasant parts of it"

courtesy of :http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/rose-tinted+glasses
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by seasprite
Ummm, that's life?! No different in Oz mate...
I'm happy to leave the UK behind but i'm sure there are going to be things in Oz we dont all approve of, i also think there are worse places than the UK to live.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bev1
I'm happy to leave the UK behind but i'm sure there are going to be things in Oz we dont all approve of, i also think there are worse places than the UK to live.
I agree. I think both countries are great places and we're lucky to have the option where to live. Both countries have their own problems but they are far less significant than many other less developed countries.

Just be thankful that we are free to have a debate like this and respect each others right to have opinions. (Even if we think they are wrong. LOL.)
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:59 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean there aren't butterflies everywhere with beautiful flower fields that we can dance through bare foot while singing somewhere over the rainbow.

Damn i'm not coming then

Kaye
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
You mean there aren't butterflies everywhere with beautiful flower fields that we can dance through bare foot while singing somewhere over the rainbow.

Damn i'm not coming then

Kaye
And Ive heard that it (gulp) rains
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:24 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

definately not coming if it rains
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Yea when it rains it really rains, but we`re still here
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by wardy2
definately not coming if it rains
Well Im not coming if there are no decent hairdressers, no Marks and Spencers underwear and certainly if the teens drive around in cars racing one another.

Thats it, the whole thing is off!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

I think people in England are gradually being worn down by all the political correctness rubbish going on. They've had 1ong years of Blair and the EU They're not allowed to speak their minds, they're having christmas downgraded etc etc It hasn't got that bad here yet!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:31 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
I think people in England are gradually being worn down by all the political correctness rubbish going on. They've had 1ong years of Blair and the EU They're not allowed to speak their minds, they're having christmas downgraded etc etc It hasn't got that bad here yet!
ha! PC..Want to hear a good one?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:34 am
aka DORIS

Well Im not coming if there are no decent hairdressers, no Marks and Spencers underwear and certainly if the teens drive around in cars racing one another.

Thats it, the whole thing is off!
You mean to say there is no M + S, now I am upset call the agent I want my money back
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

There's an M & S in Singapore though
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:46 am
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
The UK is changing, i am not saying any more or any less than other countries, but my only thought is with the UK, as it is where i live.

Some things to think about, and this takes me back to when i was young the similarities between now and the late 70's are very very similar?

Labour are coming to an end as a political party which is really trusted. You just cannot believe anything they say anymore. Not that i would put any more trust in the Conservatives, but Labour are in power and Brown is a power hungry loner who does not listen to anyone?

The rich are getting richer, the poor poorer, when we as a nation feel poor, it is because of rising costs, real inflation, and the lack of jobs, unemployment.

As we become fed up with all the lies from the government, we take to mind numbing substances more, we drink more, we try to escape to another place. So we are being told we drink too much, well what a surprise?

The young cannot get jobs, cannot afford a car, cannot afford anything, no future, told to stay on at school, get a load of debt, get a degree, to get a minimum paid wage job etc etc.

This is not an excuse, but the public as a whole start to commit more crime, public mis-behaviour becomes something that we see rise, so we need more police on the streets, this costs, so we pay more in tax, we get poorer.

The whole family breakdown starts, the stress and strain on mum and dad is intense, no work, just about afford the basics, dad drinks too much, mum is tired. Society makes the needy and unemployed feel not too good.

The next thing is all the unemployment is blamed on the fact that the goverment have let too many people in the country, they have taken all our jobs. This is where we are at now.

The feel good factor has gone, rising costs, rising unemployment, rising cost of servicing debt, stagnant wages, stagnant house prices.

Brown really does have some work to do if he is to secure another term in office here in the UK.

Because where i am standing, i do not think the British public feel too well off at the moment, and the young kids leaving school just do not stand a chance?
OMG...... Get me outta here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.